User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretonbanquet View Post
True, but you can't have an exciting forum without at least a touch of controversy, and all controversy has been beaten out of this place.
This place was built on it. It had the most diverse group of people and for the longest time it worked, despite whatever battles were fought.

It'd be really sad if this place turned into another 7W, where it's all butterflies and "I love yous" and ~magickal stuff~ and "moooooom, he said a bad word!" and "stevie's my goddess!!!11".

Surely that's not the intended path, right?
Old 12-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly

True, but you can't have an exciting forum without at least a touch of controversy, and all controversy has been beaten out of this place. Also, you're exactly right, there are lots of rules but there has been no consistency in appyling them, which makes people edgy about saying anything that might be construed as out-of-turn. And btw, you're banned

truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeee.....

and fine. i don't need you :snibble:

and it's "BANT!" jackass. or "BAN~D!"
Old 12-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
This place was built on it. It had the most diverse group of people and for the longest time it worked, despite whatever battles were fought.

It'd be really sad if this place turned into another 7W, where it's all butterflies and "I love yous" and ~magickal stuff~ and "moooooom, he said a bad word!" and "stevie's my goddess!!!11".

Surely that's not the intended path, right?
If this is the intended path, can we please be informed in advance? So the sane among us can make sure we are far away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeee.....

and fine. i don't need you :snibble:

and it's "BANT!" jackass. or "BAN~D!"
you don't? Aaawwww.. you dooooo Don't deny it

And that's true... but I was being all formal
Old 12-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Bingo. I don't even bother anymore when I have to censor everything I say. I've discovered I can have much more entertaining discussions away from the Ledge.
Why didn't you want to join my mailing list? Or will you? We could have marvelous chats there. I invited Daniel, too, but he hasn't got back to me.

Another reason for nobody's being around might be the continual technical problems & instability of the server that supports this board. I'm past thinking it's a problem with my browser. It's been just awful. I would say the board "hangs" 75 percent of the time, & out-&-out stalls 10 to 20 percent of the time. Aren't you guys having technical problems with reading & posting?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
problem number two is I feel so many people have been burned by other ledgies, that everyone is on the defense. I think everyone pretty well knows what i'm talking about.
Oh, I think you and carrie and a few others know better than most.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
What do you mean?
Old 12-05-2007, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What do you mean?
I honestly don't know where to start, and it's probably not worth it to dredge it up at this point. What's done is done (at least I hope it's done). Suffice it to say, carrie & friends have gone a long way toward chasing quite a few people off the Ledge.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I honestly don't know where to start, and it's probably not worth it to dredge it up at this point. What's done is done (at least I hope it's done). Suffice it to say, carrie & friends have gone a long way toward chasing quite a few people off the Ledge.
Well, you've dredged it up yourself, and since you brought it up, I was wondering if you'd like to elaborate on it for those of us who don't know. Or whether you just want to make your snide comment and leave it there.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
it appears that way.

Quote:
oh cry me a river. there were way worse things that drove people away from the ledge than "carrie and friends"
Old 12-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
oh cry me a river. there were way worse things that drove people away from the ledge than "carrie and friends"
Like what, pray tell? I'm not saying she and her little group did it single-handedly - the Ledge had been going downhill for some time before she jumped into the mix - but she certainly seems to have driven one hell of a nail into the coffin.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, you've dredged it up yourself, and since you brought it up, I was wondering if you'd like to elaborate on it for those of us who don't know. Or whether you just want to make your snide comment and leave it there.
No, michelle is the one who dredged it up. I just followed her lead, rightly or wrongly.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Registered, No Membership

"carrie and friends"?

that's pretty damn offensive to me -
but maybe cos i consider myself a friend of carrie -
but more likely because it's a bunch of crap

i know you have no love lost for me either, but seriously - off the high horse bub, they need it over at the christian coalition.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, michelle is the one who dredged it up. I just followed her lead, rightly or wrongly.
Nope, no, it was definitely you who brought names into it. If you think "Carrie and friends" contributed to driving people off the Ledge, then it's only fair to explain why you think that. Or it really wasn't sensible to make it personal, was it?
Old 12-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Like what, pray tell? I'm not saying she and her little group did it single-handedly - the Ledge had been going downhill for some time before she jumped into the mix - but she certainly seems to have driven one hell of a nail into the coffin.
bite me, meatwad. i haven't even been here in weeks.

on edit: if you're not interested in dredging up old business, maybe you should keep your whiny yap shut and watch who you're name checking. if i really am the "big bad carrie" who broke the ledge you should know that i'm not gonna let a comment like that slide by without responding.

Last edited by carrie721; 12-05-2007 at 10:35 PM..
Old 12-05-2007, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have to agree to some degree (don't fall over dead )

To some (not all and not really me) -- the non FM related conversations that went on essentially after the last SN tour were not interesting. But, they were the only things going on at the time. Then came the whole horsemanity thing, which was funny, but rude and hurtful to some people. Then came the bloodletting of many long time members -- based on in the opinion of many, if not most and certainly me, a rather ridiculous one strike rule with no appeal. This certainly let a bad taste in my mouth and I certainly thought about leaving for good.

But, even having said all that, I think the real reason for the decline is there is nothing significant going on in Stevieland and/or FM. Let either of those two entities release a new record and/or hit the road again and things will liven up but quick and despite the shiitte in the first paragraph.

save the cheerleader - save the world