The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Alec Baldwin - 2007 Father of the Year....NOT!!!

Angry voice mail from Baldwin goes public

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18220258/

‘30 Rock’ star calls his 11-year-old daughter ‘a rude, thoughtless little pig’

The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - The festering bad blood between movie-star exes Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger erupted Thursday when an angry phone message from Baldwin to his daughter was made public.

On the recording, Baldwin can be heard admonishing his 11-year-old, Ireland: “You are a rude, thoughtless little pig.

You don’t have the brains or the decency as a human being,” he says, apparently upset that she did not answer her phone for a planned call.

I don’t give a damn that you’re 12 years old, or 11 years old, or that you’re a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn’t care about what you do as far as I’m concerned. You have humiliated me for the last time with this phone.

He goes on to say that he plans to fly from New York to Los Angeles “for the day just to straighten you out on this issue.

The recording was published by celebrity news site TMZ.com, which said that the call was placed on April 11.

Baldwin’s spokesman said in a statement Thursday that “in the best interest of the child,” the 49-year-old actor “will do what the mother is pathologically incapable of doing ... keeping his mouth shut and obeying the court order.

The mother and her lawyer leaked this sealed material in violation of a court order,” he continued. “Although Alec acknowledges that he should have used different language in parenting his child, everyone who knows him privately knows what he has been put through for the past six years.

The voice mail speaks for itself,” Basinger’s spokeswoman said.

Calls to Basinger’s attorneys were not returned. Her spokeswoman also did not return calls. Baldwin’s attorney also did not return a call seeking comment.

Baldwin and Basinger, 53, were married in 1993. They have been involved in prolonged legal disputes over custody and other issues since she filed for divorce in 2001, which was granted in 2002. The couple’s differences have been aired several times in public.

Basinger was charged with contempt of court in October for violating terms of a 2004 custody agreement. A motion by her lawyers to dismiss the charges was denied Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court. The next hearing on visitation issues is scheduled for May 4.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:16 PM
BTFLCHLD
This message has been deleted by BTFLCHLD.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up More like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
TedDansonInAHat ?
AlecBaldwinNotAParent
Old 04-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh please, my mother's favorite epithet for me was "you ungrateful little bastard," from the time I was about 6. I must be really ungrateful now, as I refuse to have anything to do with her, but who cares? It doesn't look like Basinger is the best parent in the world either.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
Oh please, my mother's favorite epithet for me was "you ungrateful little bastard," from the time I was about 6. I must be really ungrateful now, as I refuse to have anything to do with her, but who cares? It doesn't look like Basinger is the best parent in the world either.
They're both those dumb-as-lint "Hollywood Types", they BADLY need the publicity at this time in the sunset of their career...Cause otherwise who could give a flying vertical f**k about 'em?
Old 04-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh please, my mother's favorite epithet for me was "you ungrateful little bastard," . . . .
Her too

I agree, Bassigner is a fukcing Cee Uou Next Tuesday for doing this. Clearly, she used her kid to trap Baldwin and then she leaked it to the press. I know people who knew them when they lived together in NYC and they said the paramedics had to be called often because they would beat the hell out of each other - nice
Old 04-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

what a ****ing bastard.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
are you saying that because she said that to you, it's okay that alec b. said that **** to his daughter?
Old 04-21-2007, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think what he said to his daughter was pretty rough but I also think that all parents make massive mistakes. That tape never should have made it to the public- it's absolutely none of our business.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
They're both those dumb-as-lint "Hollywood Types", they BADLY need the publicity at this time in the sunset of their career...Cause otherwise who could give a flying vertical f**k about 'em?
I still don't give a fukc about them, and never did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
are you saying that because she said that to you, it's okay that alec b. said that **** to his daughter?
No, I'm saying that a bigger deal is being made out of it than it really is, especially since it looks like Basinger may have set this up and then leaked it to the press.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Parents yell at their kids. Sometimes parents yell very ****ty things at their kids ....kids (ESPECIALLY pre-teens and teens) are assholes. This was probably the end result of a hell of a lot of frustration, hurt and anger. And the mother of the kid is playing it for all it's worth.

I don't even think the message was that bad...I have heard worse between mothers and daughters in dressing rooms for God's sake.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
Parents yell at their kids. Sometimes parents yell very ****ty things at their kids ....kids (ESPECIALLY pre-teens and teens) are assholes. This was probably the end result of a hell of a lot of frustration, hurt and anger. And the mother of the kid is playing it for all it's worth.

I don't even think the message was that bad...I have heard worse between mothers and daughters in dressing rooms for God's sake.
i have to disagree ... i think what he said was terrible. but i agree with jannie, we were never supposed to hear it, and even good parents make huge mistakes.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
i have to disagree ... i think what he said was terrible. but i agree with jannie, we were never supposed to hear it, and even good parents make huge mistakes.
Really? I really don't think it was all that bad Considering what the situation is...granted, he shouldn't treat her like that all the time, but I doubt he does, I think it was a blow up....and oh, yeah, the name calling thing was a bit extreme actually...and I totally agree that the it was something we were never supposed to hear. Whoever leaked it, in my opinion, had a very clear objective, knew what they were doing and it was a complete asshole move.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In the end, its that poor kid who is going to suffer. Aside from all the other BS she must have to endure in her life, the public laundering of all of this is going to haunt her forever. Both Basinger and Baldwin are ****ing assholes as far as I am concerned.

rbs
Old 04-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
Really? I really don't think it was all that bad Considering what the situation is...granted, he shouldn't treat her like that all the time, but I doubt he does, I think it was a blow up....and oh, yeah, the name calling thing was a bit extreme actually...and I totally agree that the it was something we were never supposed to hear. Whoever leaked it, in my opinion, had a very clear objective, knew what they were doing and it was a complete asshole move.
well as far as i can tell, all the girl did was fail to answer her phone - if other things were going on between alec & kim, he shouldn't have taken them out on the daughter. the name calling is just way over the top - that is so damaging to a kid.

i think that whoever leaked it, tho, is scum.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think it's such a huge deal. It feels like there's something missing from this story. For all we know, Ireland could be the biggest brat ever. I don't know if he really should've said that her mom was a thoughtless pain in the ass, though...