ok i will go second
i love you all
Aw...love to you to, dear.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tower
I look up to Chris (gldstwmn) and I wish I had her courage.
Oh, I'm all verklempt now. Thank you Towie. You are a wonderful, supportive person.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Aw...love to you to, dear.
(((((gldstwmn))))

wow im really touched...
i had no idea id be mentioned...
and with such sweety comments.
thank you all very much...
making my day...week...month...
year and all

i truly do love you all
everyone brings so many cool
things about them to the ledge
why do you think i come so much
Old 05-10-2006, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
JazmenFlowers- Something about your Stevie dedication really makes me respect you! Even though sometimes I think you may defend her blindly, there's still something about that that I kind of admire. You're a sweetie too.
thanks dear. I appreciate that. I don't know what the blind part really means. does that mean no matter what? not sure, but I'll take it. I love reading your posts. I see a lot of my own thoughts in your posts.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Let's see...

David O.: Your comments about Fleetwood Mac consistently give me new ways to hear and enjoy their music. I think that's invaluable. Some folks may feel that it's patronizing to be told things they don't know; I'm always glad and grateful for a lesson. Also, easily the funniest person on here. By a long shot.

David M.: You have only respect for other people's opinions, whether they mesh with your own or not. Plus, you're always anxious to learn something new. Those are two traits I greatly admire in anyone.

Stew and Strand: Very often I don't agree with you on various things. But you always express your opinions thoughtfully and constructively, so I'll take the two of you over 20 people who think the same way I do, any day of the week. (Except Thursdays. Thursdays are "me" days. Just back the f*** off, jerks!)

Sharon, Steve D., cliffdweller, madformac, Paula, Boots and several other people whom I just can't think of at the moment: You almost always have something interesting to say. That's about the highest compliment I can give anyone on an Internet message board.

Marty and Lis (and John/wetcamelfood): I can't imagine there are many better or more comprehensive fan sites out there. Thanks as always for all of the hard work and dedication.

Dissention, Steve MacD., Gerald: Post more, you bastards.

Anybody whom I forgot or didn't mention can go to hell. I'll meet you there and buy the first round.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Heart Awww.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac
Wondergirl9847 - The two things about Christy that always amaze me are that she's an incredibly positive person whatever the situation and secondly she always sees the good in people. Never one to judge and always one to offer kindness. I look forward to seeing her again. (if only to watch her fall over
That's really sweet, J. Thank you. (((HUGS)))

Sheesh. There are so many amazing Ledgies here, I would feel bad if I left anyone out. Everyone here has great qualities and brings something to the table that's interesting, funny, thought-provoking, heart-warming and even just silly.

Let me just say a few things about some Ledgies I've had the privilege of meeting in person.

Seteca - Love him like a brother. It's so awesome to meet a stranger who becomes one of your greatest friends. He's got great knowledge on all things guitar and he's a good soul.

Madformac - Remember that night we spent together? LMAO!! Inside joke, everyone. Heh. MFM is another good soul who I can't wait to hang out with again (no stairs involved please). VERY laid back and easy to talk to.

estranged4life (Brian) - Brian showed what a wonderful friend he is when he schlepped my mom and I around in OKC when we went up to see Keith Urban. He's a marshmallow of a guy. ((HUGS)) to Brian. Cool as hell.

tuigirl (Michele) - Sweet as she can be and a total mom. Love to my Kiwi friend.

shackin' up (Gerald) - Love his passion. Gerald is the type of guy that if you aren't really feeling up to something, he'd MAKE you wanna be into it.

GypsyRhiannon (Pip) - Who doesn't love Pip?! She gave us the heads up on FM front row tickets and tried to help me out when I was having trouble getting them. Pip is awesome.

nodmod (Neil) - Cool as a cucumber. Great guy who runs a terrific UK FM site.

strandinthewind (Jason) - Tall as frick! LOL I'm a shortie though so everyone's tall to me. We only got to meet in Dallas for a minute, but he hugged me so that told me how sweet Jason is.

Livia - Met super briefly in Dallas and the Woodlands shows. Super friendly and brings us all kinds of terrific FM news here. Forgot to add...AND she's a Texan. YAY! LOL

gldstwm (Chris) - Another Ledgie I met briefly in Dallas. Super nice and does her mod job well.

darklinensuit (Jake) - We miss ya around these parts, Jake! "Shane, come back!" LOL Met Jake in Dallas and at the Woodlands show. Makes me laugh and is super cool.

Tommer - Met him in London. As chill as you think he would be. Asked me for some gum....and I actually had some! LOL Where is Tommer?

trackaghost (Sharon) - So sweet and friendly when I met her in London. Love reading her intelligent posts here.

If I left anyone out.... . Jog my memory!!

Last edited by wondergirl9847; 05-10-2006 at 11:43 AM..
Old 05-10-2006, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Gee thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
Anybody whom I forgot or didn't mention can go to hell. I'll meet you there and buy the first round.
I don't plan on going to hell, but thanks for the offer.

Need to add someone I've not met in person, but is still my friend. Wetcamelfood (John)....sweet guy who always has time to email even when he's super busy. Did (and is still doing!) an amazing job on the Penguin Discography. CHEERS John and thanks for the Scotland keychains!

Last edited by wondergirl9847; 05-10-2006 at 11:45 AM..
Old 05-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
Sharon, Steve D., cliffdweller, madformac, Paula, Boots and several other people whom I just can't think of at the moment: You almost always have something interesting to say. That's about the highest compliment I can give anyone on an Internet message board.
Thanks, sweets. We've had our differences but despite all that (or perhaps because of it?), I really respect your opinions and responses and THAT'S the highest compliment I can give on an internet message board!
Old 05-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
darklinensuit (Jake) -
I forgot about Jake! Of course I love Jake, Jakes needs to get his ass back on over here pronto!
Old 05-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
I don't know what the blind part really means. does that mean no matter what?
Pretty much, but don't take offense! We need the die-hards on the boards, it's what makes the Stevie-world go 'round!

Old 05-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Madformac - Remember that night we spent together? LMAO!! Inside joke, everyone. Heh. MFM is another good soul who I can't wait to hang out with again (no stairs involved please). VERY laid back and easy to talk to.
Ah yes, the night we spent together.. I could say it was hot and steamy but alas the only moisture was from the strange damp patch on the ceiling!! (remember that?) LMAO.

Actually that night was one of the most bizarre and funnest of my life. I'll never forget the moment the room service dude came in.. Total confusion. The only thing missing was throwing a TV from the window. A very rock 'n' roll night...
Old 05-10-2006, 12:09 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
Pretty much, but don't take offense! We need the die-hards on the boards, it's what makes the Stevie-world go 'round!

none taken. in fact, I embrace it. lol.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
Neil rocks He's been so kind to me over the last few years and I really appreciate it. Pip is seriously cool too.
I only met Neil once, the first night at Earls Court 2003 if I remember correctly. He struck me straight away as a really cool dude. Laid back and very friendly.

I'm eternally grateful to Pip for the ticket swap at Earls too so I could sit front row directly before LB instead of right in front of SN (as Jerry Seinfeld might say "Not that theres anything wrong with that") . It worked out great for all of us but it was a great gesture.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Bwah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac
Ah yes, the night we spent together.. I could say it was hot and steamy but alas the only moisture was from the strange damp patch on the ceiling!! (remember that?) LMAO.

Actually that night was one of the most bizarre and funnest of my life. I'll never forget the moment the room service dude came in.. Total confusion. The only thing missing was throwing a TV from the window. A very rock 'n' roll night...
The mysterious damp patch. The cot that wouldn't die. The fact that Seteca told T to stay in hiding and the "Seinfeld moment" when he came outta the bathroom, saw the room service dude and walked right back into the bathroom and shut the door.

Could NOT have been funnier!

Sigh....good times.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The fact that Seteca told T to stay in hiding and the "Seinfeld moment" when he came outta the bathroom, saw the room service dude and walked right back into the bathroom and shut the door.
Yeah, and I was lying the other side of your bed so the waiter dude wouldn't see me, yet I sat up when he walked in, then I ducked down AFTER he saw me... That whole moment was priceless..