Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-02-2023, 07:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default 'The Dance' podcast is here!

For those who watch our podcasts, here's our track by track discussion of 'The Dance' -- definitely a historic moment in the history of Fleetwood Mac!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzOdVsmILEU&t=2s
Old 07-03-2023, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Honestly, this 'panel' are not 'experts' at all! you make numerous errors in regard to Lindsey within the first 4 minutes. it's insulting. The dismissive nature of his solo career and his contribution to the production of this record. I click each time you post and then listen long enough to realise none of you has a clue what you're talking about.

*The skin album*

*Mick and John were in the studio with Lindsey which led to the ****ing album

*Stevie, Stevie, Stevie, Stevie!!!!
Old 07-03-2023, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Honestly, this 'panel' are not 'experts' at all! you make numerous errors in regard to Lindsey within the first 4 minutes. it's insulting. The dismissive nature of his solo career and his contribution to the production of this record. I click each time you post and then listen long enough to realise none of you has a clue what you're talking about.

*The skin album*

*Stevie, Stevie, Stevie, Stevie!!!!
They are fans and have different opinions. Yes some of them are not experts. There are so many factual errors in many of these segments that also get me frustrated because I want to stop them and correct the record.
Many times I also stop the video because I cant take some of the errors anymore. But its all in good fun. They put themselves out there and give their opinion. Some of them admit they are only Stevie fans and only recently Mac fans. So I try and give them a break. I really love these videos even though I have done the same thing as you....stop them because I cant take the errors anymore. But its all good fun. Everyone's opinion counts no matter wrong or right.
Old 07-03-2023, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
They are fans and have different opinions. Yes some of them are not experts. There are so many factual errors in many of these segments that also get me frustrated because I want to stop them and correct the record.
Many times I also stop the video because I cant take some of the errors anymore. But its all in good fun. They put themselves out there and give their opinion. Some of them admit they are only Stevie fans and only recently Mac fans. So I try and give them a break. I really love these videos even though I have done the same thing as you....stop them because I cant take the errors anymore. But its all good fun. Everyone's opinion counts no matter wrong or right.
I love these too. i don't take it too seriously because they are Stevie fans (mainly) and the errors do start to add up. This one was the hardest one to get thru. The Tango Clip was pretty spot on.
Old 07-03-2023, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I know you're both right, but this pushed me over the edge. I should delete my comment. I don't want to be cruel or rude but f*ck this is the equivalent of the tiktok generation banging on about Stevie and how she is Fleetwood Mac!

I don't often post because I find misinformation and BS being pushed as an opinion as completely disingenuous. Back into the cave I go.

Peace
Old 07-03-2023, 11:22 AM

Quote:
I know you're both right, but this pushed me over the edge. I should delete my comment. I don't want to be cruel or rude but f*ck this is the equivalent of the tiktok generation banging on about Stevie and how she is Fleetwood Mac!

I don't often post because I find misinformation and BS being pushed as an opinion as completely disingenuous. Back into the cave I go.

Peace
You don't need to delete your post. You're being honest and I feel this group can take it. They disagree often.
Old 07-03-2023, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is true, isn't it? I mean, it matches with Lindsey's "isn't that weird" speech at The Dance
I had asked Mick to play drums on a solo album I was working on...
...It was weird, actually, and that brought us to this point, so, uhh...

Though he didn't mention John, I read somewhere that John was in those sessions, too.
Old 07-03-2023, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
This is true, isn't it? I mean, it matches with Lindsey's "isn't that weird" speech at The Dance
I had asked Mick to play drums on a solo album I was working on...
...It was weird, actually, and that brought us to this point, so, uhh...

Though he didn't mention John, I read somewhere that John was in those sessions, too.
Yes, I believe it was the 4 of them (no Stevie) This is why Christine’s vocal is on the Say You Will studio version of Bleed to Love Her.
Old 07-03-2023, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Yes, I believe it was the 4 of them (no Stevie) This is why Christine’s vocal is on the Say You Will studio version of Bleed to Love Her.
And Stevie called Lindsey to ask him to join her on Twisted.
Old 07-03-2023, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Now she pretends Twisted was all her own.
Old 07-03-2023, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Now she pretends Twisted was all her own.
Watching you go is like dying
Old 07-03-2023, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
If I won the lottery, I'd pay a group of fact checkers to follow her around, and light up a huge LIAR sign every time LIES spew from her shriveled lips.
Old 07-03-2023, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:

Peace
Dont feel bad. I lost my marbles on the Rumours one. I actually vented on here about it. The back cover photography was being bashed. Its probably the most iconic album cover back and front. The action photos are incredible. Yet someone hated Chris's head turned and Mick was too far away, etc. It was taken by rocks most famous photographer who started out living with Jimi Hendrix and became "the" rock photographer. During the Rumours 20th anniversary show, he was in tears how proud the Rumours back cover turned out. Of all his work, he took the most pride out of this back cover. I could not take it anymore Someone commented on Chris's keyboards on Second Hand News (there aren't any).
The Live album was tough too but its not their fault. Many tracks have improper recording dates. A few of them kept saying "This sounds so good it sounds like the Rumours tour." Well it is!
I would say Jeremy is an expert or close to it. He knows alot but he is so freaking funny it keeps me watching. The best one is Rock A Little. They had some Stevie experts then and Jeremy had me fall out of my chair laughing so hard.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-03-2023 at 05:34 PM..
Old 07-03-2023, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
If I won the lottery, I'd pay a group of fact checkers to follow her around, and light up a huge LIAR sign every time LIES spew from her shriveled lips.
If I won the lottery, I would buy Warner Bros so I could broadcast an episode where the Coyote eats the Roadrunner. I was always a fan of the Coyote and it broke my heart that he never achieved his goal.

Old 07-03-2023, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
If I won the lottery, I would buy Warner Bros so I could broadcast an episode where the Coyote eats the Roadrunner. I was always a fan of the Coyote and it broke my heart that he never achieved his goal.

Is this the first thing you would do?