Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-30-2004, 09:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

Lightbulb Do you think Stevie & Lindsey actually

Get along these days? Or do you think it's just a matter of sucking it up? I honestly can't tell. I think it's truly like an act of God to see them together, and for this long.

Your thoughts?
Old 05-30-2004, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't see how anyone could have any doubts as to whether they get along very well these days. Have you seen any concerts/interviews or anything?
Old 05-30-2004, 09:16 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

I watched DR (Destiny Rules) and they seemed to be good. I just wonder because how rough things got between the two of them, enough to where they were willing to not see each other every again. Could you imagine those two never seeing each other again? I thought after TITN (Tango In The Night) cd, that for sure they would just go there separate ways. It's like the song "Destiny Rules, No one's the fool" I think it's great! But so weird in the same.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think they get along as good as they say they have been. Of course they have to be getting along all right if the tour has gone on this long.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-30-2004, 09:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

I never thought the tour would go on this long either, I guess they like being out
on the road, than being in the studio or on vacation.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Actually, I think Lindsey & Stevie probably get along exactly the way they say they do... that they love each other, and are better friends than they've ever been, but that they still have times when they drive each other crazy and fight like cats and dogs.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think they've gotten to a point where they're like siblings. They have so much common history, and such a deep understanding of each other, that that gets them through whatever scraps they still (undoubtedly) have. Just like a brother and a sister.
Old 05-30-2004, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Actually, I think Lindsey & Stevie probably get along exactly the way they say they do... that they love each other, and are better friends than they've ever been, but that they still have times when they drive each other crazy and fight like cats and dogs.
My thoughts exactly.

- Jake
Old 05-31-2004, 07:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Yep, I think it's one of those love-hate relationships.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

They seem to have the bumpiest times in the studio. I think that is what they both have said in interviews that they find themselves more at odds. Such as on the Destiny Rules Documentary, when they had the touchy situation about "now he's going home" or "now your going home"---the "person" conversation. On the road, there isn't really that much artistical to disagree about once the setlist and everything is decided upon. Therefore, they get along better--I would think, anyway. They seem happiest then they are on the stage together, and I know that Stevie has commented on how much she enjoyed their interaction on stage. I don't think it is that much of an act. I don't think that is their style. They have always been very open about their lives with the public---good, bad, or ugly. Why would that change now?

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin

Last edited by golddustwoman77; 05-31-2004 at 12:45 PM..
Old 05-31-2004, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think there may be a little bit of acting on stage involved ... just a little. I mean, I think their feelings toward each other are genuine, respecting what they had, where they've been, where they've come from ... but I think they know that the B/N soap opera intrigues us all and they kind of play it up a little - hugging, kiss on the forehead, etc. The audience goes wild over it!
Old 05-31-2004, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie
I think there may be a little bit of acting on stage involved ... just a little. I mean, I think their feelings toward each other are genuine, respecting what they had, where they've been, where they've come from ... but I think they know that the B/N soap opera intrigues us all and they kind of play it up a little - hugging, kiss on the forehead, etc. The audience goes wild over it!
And these are my thoughts exactly.

Lee
Old 05-31-2004, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie
You read my mind.

Only I don't go wild over it because I know it's been rehearsed ad nauseaum and that it's all as fake as Charlize Theron's tan at the Oscar's.

Old 05-31-2004, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow My thoughts...

I think we saw the deal with them in the Destiny Rules doc. I think they do get along generally, but there are times when they argue, bicker, etc. Who DOESN'T argue, bicker with their super close friends and ex's?

On stage, yep, some of that is true caring for one another, but most of it is rehearsed. The general audience (non die hards) eats it up because they don't get online and dissect their relationship. I mean, when you have people going, "They were married, but got divorced.", I think we can conclude that those fans are dips.

Old 05-31-2004, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
I think we saw the deal with them in the Destiny Rules doc. I think they do get along generally, but there are times when they argue, bicker, etc. Who DOESN'T argue, bicker with their super close friends and ex's?

On stage, yep, some of that is true caring for one another, but most of it is rehearsed. The general audience (non die hards) eats it up because they don't get online and dissect their relationship. I mean, when you have people going, "They were married, but got divorced.", I think we can conclude that those fans are dips.

But I'd like to add: The fact that it is rehearsed, does not mean it is not genuine. So this sort of fakeness does not exclude heartfelt realness.

This sounds dumb huh? At least it is a statement. I love those.

Last edited by shackin'up; 05-31-2004 at 12:56 PM..