Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-10-2017, 06:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Wow, that was awesome!!!

Love the piano in this!!
Her fingers really fly over those keys. She looks and sounds great too. Glad to have a song featuring Christine posted.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 07-10-2017, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope we eventually get all the videos. A Mirage tour Sara would be amazing. Hold Me would be awesome too.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
Her fingers really fly over those keys. She looks and sounds great too. Glad to have a song featuring Christine posted.
I got a deeper look into her fingering on this solo. That right hand is faster than I thought.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That some serious saloon-style piano playing at the three minute mark. Fats Domino was smiling down on her.

These days she appears to have some athritis or joint sensitivity in her right hand. She can't play like that anymore but she's still chording the way she used to.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

WAYYYY Awesome! I've always loved the way that "Don't Stop" used to be performed.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ah this is one of the better performances from what we've seen of this festival. Christine's piano is amazing at the end and she sounds good too which is great considering how rough she sounded at the end of the Second Hand News performance. Lindsey sounds alright in all the videos. You can't really hear Stevie in this one but that might be for the best considering how she sounded in all the other ones
Old 07-11-2017, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Ah this is one of the better performances from what we've seen of this festival. Christine's piano is amazing at the end and she sounds good too which is great considering how rough she sounded at the end of the Second Hand News performance. Lindsey sounds alright in all the videos. You can't really hear Stevie in this one but that might be for the best considering how she sounded in all the other ones
D

I checked out the SHN video to hear Christine's vocal. It's in key but her voice is all wrong for the song--it's not something she would have written for herself. And, as she often does when she's reaching just past the natural upper register of her chest voice, she sounds strained. If we were able to hear Stevie in the mix, the effect might be softer, but apparently only the right channel is working in the videos. A lot of people tuning in are complaining about that. That might be why Stevie is hardly audible on Don't Stop, too.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can the sound man please turn up Stevie's mic ?!?!?!

It appears that the Mac were having some major sound problems at the US Festival on this given evening. Lindsey's mic cuts out on the chords of the set opener "Second Hand News", then Chris' mic begins to blare at the end of that tune. Now Stevie's mic is fading out. Perhaps this is why their US Festival appearance hasn't seen an official release.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

By the way....Can we PLEASE bring back Stevie's late 70's/early 80's "2001 A Space Mission to Mars SQUARE MIC" ? Come on Stevie, roll it out from the vault!!! Turn that mother UP !!!!!!!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...730ecca772.jpg
Old 07-13-2017, 10:20 AM
Senior Ledgie

Re: Second Hand News

To me it seemed like SHN was their "sound check" - quickly checking and adjusting levels.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Can the sound man please turn up Stevie's mic ?!?!?!

It appears that the Mac were having some major sound problems at the US Festival on this given evening. Lindsey's mic cuts out on the chords of the set opener "Second Hand News", then Chris' mic begins to blare at the end of that tune. Now Stevie's mic is fading out. Perhaps this is why their US Festival appearance hasn't seen an official release.
I don't think they can hear themselves. They have that look in their eyes.

If you've ever performed and you can't hear yourself, it can be a disaster.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
D

I checked out the SHN video to hear Christine's vocal. It's in key but her voice is all wrong for the song--it's not something she would have written for herself. And, as she often does when she's reaching just past the natural upper register of her chest voice, she sounds strained. If we were able to hear Stevie in the mix, the effect might be softer, but apparently only the right channel is working in the videos. A lot of people tuning in are complaining about that. That might be why Stevie is hardly audible on Don't Stop, too.
Yeah I do think there's something wrong with the sound*** in these videos. The Stand Back performance from Stevie's US Fest, you can hardly hear the synths and it makes everything else sound more jarring.

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 07-13-2017 at 03:29 PM..
Old 07-14-2017, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Yeah I do think there's something wrong with the sound*** in these videos. The Stand Back performance from Stevie's US Fest, you can hardly hear the synths and it makes everything else sound more jarring.

Her US festival performance was recorded poorly......the girls sound like they are screaming and Sometimes it's like Stevie isn't even micd.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Like the way Christine plays that piano!
Old 07-14-2017, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel69 View Post
Her US festival performance was recorded poorly......the girls sound like they are screaming and Sometimes it's like Stevie isn't even micd.
I think that might have just been on the bootlegs though. Even though they're one channel, these new releases sound pretty good. Except for stand back and SDMHA, which were overdubbed.