The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-19-2004, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd say Stevie, she has got Dave Letterman's testimonial.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 12-19-2004, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would definitely take Lindsey! He would give me something beautiful to look at. He could entertain me with his special gifts. He could be manly and help me with the few things that I couldn't do. If he refused to help me, he wouldn't be getting any Coconut Helper from me. It would be all mine!!!!!!!!!!

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 12-19-2004, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Of course I'm going to say Stevie. I think the chiffon tent we'd make would be pretty useless, but that would set the stage for me to cuddle up with her when it gets cold.

Hillary
Old 12-19-2004, 06:44 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

I just got back from a weekend away and this thread cracked me up!

No way would I ever pick Stevie or Mick. Just the rambling alone would drive me insane. Lindsey... he sure would be lovely to look at, but frankly on a desert island I need a man with more than good looks. Imagine him fishing or building a shelter etc.....no way. So we're left w/ Chris and John..and really I don't know if Chris could hack island life at this point, she's been pampered for too many years now. John, on the other hand (and some of you have said he's short-- he's really not, I think he's like 5' 10... maybe just next to LB and gargantuan Mick he looks shorter than he is)-- but anyway, I think he would by far be the most useful in terms of diving for/catching/cooking fish, making fire, finding/building a shelter etc.

And since a few of you have focused on who would make the best eye candy for the duration, I should also add that i think John is a handsome chap, his profile is to die for, and I could live w/ cuddling up w/ him in a cave. I also think he would be good for some intelligent conversation during down time (although we might have to tread cautiously when discussing anything political....and my other fear is that the the lack of cigarettes would make him irritable. )

I wish he would've answered that question in his Q&A LOL. I don't think anyone would have been too furious over not being chosen to be his companion on a make-believe desert island. It would've been interesting to hear his opinion!

-Lis
Old 12-19-2004, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin

And since a few of you have focused on who would make the best eye candy for the duration, I should also add that i think John is a handsome chap, his profile is to die for, and I could live w/ cuddling up w/ him in a cave. I also think he would be good for some intelligent conversation during down time (although we might have to tread cautiously when discussing anything political....and my other fear is that the the lack of cigarettes would make him irritable. )
I' ve voted Stevie because I'd die to see how she would handle such a situation , but I totally agree, John would be my choice among the gentlemen in FM too; his sense of humour, intelligence and self-irony make him for me more appealing than Lindsey (yeah, I know... ), or Mick.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 12-19-2004, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
I just got back from a weekend away and this thread cracked me up!

No way would I ever pick Stevie or Mick. Just the rambling alone would drive me insane. Lindsey... he sure would be lovely to look at, but frankly on a desert island I need a man with more than good looks.
-Lis
This was funny, but i happen to think Lindsey would be the worst rambler of them all. I feel like i'd have to go..."just shut up and take your clothes off, dammit!!! yes, yes, your cocunut/palm string guitar is very nice...you gonna play that thing all night, or what?!!!"

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 12-19-2004, 08:32 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
This was funny, but i happen to think Lindsey would be the worst rambler of them all.
I agree he does ramble. However-- since in my eyes he is stunningly gorgeous-- I'd be inclined to more easily forgive him than I would Stevie or Mick. Aside from looking fantastic, though, I still think he'd be useless on that island.

-Lis
Old 12-19-2004, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
This was funny, but i happen to think Lindsey would be the worst rambler of them all. I feel like i'd have to go..."just shut up and take your clothes off, dammit!!! yes, yes, your cocunut/palm string guitar is very nice...you gonna play that thing all night, or what?!!!"
I guess being stranded on an island would give Lindsey a whole new "survival move" to ramble about every friggin night!
Old 12-19-2004, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala
I guess being stranded on an island would give Lindsey a whole new "survival move" to ramble about every friggin night!
oh, lord help us!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 12-19-2004, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bekka. She looks like the "party type".
Old 12-19-2004, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
But, I think Lindsey is the only one I'd want to have sex with, so he wins. I can gather food, kill animals, and build stuff by myself.

My number two reason for picking Stevie.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77
If he refused to help me, he wouldn't be getting any Coconut Helper from me. It would be all mine!!!!!!!!!!
Coconut Helper - that's what I MEANT to type. Really!
Old 12-19-2004, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I still say Stevie. Didn't Mick write in his book something about Stevie running around the Hawaiian islands on a "dot of acid" (maybe when she met Sharon Celani)? THAT's the Mac island experience I want. After twirling around the island (and having it twirl around us) for 18 hours, who cares if we live or die?

As for this whole "snuggle up with Lindsey" thing, I have two words: Anne Heche. Sure, you'd be one degree of separation closer to doing Ellen Degeneres (which I bet would be a BLAST and I wouldn't mind at all), but ... just ICK.

Besides, sooner or later, he'd get jealous that you were more popular with the seagulls, and he'd follow you around imitating you, and then kick you in front of all your flying friends. Then, you'd have to smack him and throw a husk of coconut milk in his face (since Christine isn't around). Then you'd be stuck with him, as he sulks and practices the guitar...
Old 12-19-2004, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxxed
I still say Stevie. Didn't Mick write in his book something about Stevie running around the Hawaiian islands on a "dot of acid" (maybe when she met Sharon Celani)? THAT's the Mac island experience I want. After twirling around the island (and having it twirl around us) for 18 hours, who cares if we live or die?

As for this whole "snuggle up with Lindsey" thing, I have two words: Anne Heche. Sure, you'd be one degree of separation closer to doing Ellen Degeneres (which I bet would be a BLAST and I wouldn't mind at all), but ... just ICK.

Besides, sooner or later, he'd get jealous that you were more popular with the seagulls, and he'd follow you around imitating you, and then kick you in front of all your flying friends. Then, you'd have to smack him and throw a husk of coconut milk in his face (since Christine isn't around). Then you'd be stuck with him, as he sulks and practices the guitar...
AAAMAAHHGAAD!!!!! BWAH!!!
*It's funny cause it's true

Old 12-19-2004, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This thread is hysterical=:-)

I doubt any of them is much good at anything except music but I'd pick Lindsey because at least he's be lovely to look at day after day...

"We listen to their voices, ignoring our own voice" Stevie - SOTM
"I keep the dream in my pocket, never let it fade away" Lindsey - TITN