Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-31-2018, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Was there ever any credence to this Journey thing? I thought all it was, was someone posting a YouTube video of a random guy speculating that he thought it would be a good tour pairing? Was there supposed to have been more to it than that?
Who knows.
I may be in the minority on this board but I think the Mac tour will sell very well and I don't see them wanting to share profits with anyone especially since they have 2 new members who want to get paid $$$$$$$
I also bet they tour with 2 back up singers instead of 3. Small cost cutting will increase revenue. I don't see the tour being as successful as On With The Show with double backing across the USA but fairly successful.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-31-2018 at 04:48 PM..
Old 07-31-2018, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I would wait, too. I think prices will go down.
At this rate, day of, they will probably outright GIVE TO YOU ...with the promise of your rear end int hat seat!
Old 07-31-2018, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Who knows.
I may be in the minority on this board but I think the Mac tour will sell very well and I don't see them wanting to share profits with anyone especially since they have 2 new members who want to get paid $$$$$$$
I also bet they tour with 2 back up singers instead of 3. Small cost cutting will increase revenue. I don't see the tour being as successful as On With The Show with double backing across the USA but fairly successful.
I think these 2 new members likely get paid considerably less than LB would have.....hence more coin in others pockets. Mike and Neil don't warrant getting paid what lindsey would have. So at the end of the day, Mick and Stevie have more money in their pockets. As do John and Chris--Now, depending on the set list for this circus.....well all bets are then off.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I think these 2 new members likely get paid considerably less than LB would have.....hence more coin in others pockets. Mike and Neil don't warrant getting paid what lindsey would have. So at the end of the day, Mick and Stevie have more money in their pockets. As do John and Chris--Now, depending on the set list for this circus.....well all bets are then off.
Stevie will probably have more money in her pockets but she will also have to work more. She supposedly took Lindsey’s place and in the band. Nor Neil or Mike. She did. So I expect her to work as much as Lindsey did. If she can’t do it, she should probably let others take her place. You know, people with some musical background.

She won’t be able to keep the pace. I guarantee that.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I actually agree with you. Stevie will have to work a lot harder during this tour now that LB is not there when he is usually the one who works and owns the stage. And you are right she won't be able to keep the pace, nor will she enjoy how much more exhausting it is for her when she has no doubt more vocal work to contribute.
She definitely didn't think this one through.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
I actually agree with you. Stevie will have to work a lot harder during this tour now that LB is not there when he is usually the one who works and owns the stage. And you are right she won't be able to keep the pace, nor will she enjoy how much more exhausting it is for her when she has no doubt more vocal work to contribute.
Exactly. I don’t think she thought this enough. That’s why I don’t understand why everybody around her agreed with her crazy idea. Mike will probably do what she says but he won’t do more work on stage that his usual. He won’t do more just because she says so.

And she’s supposedly in a lot of physical pain...
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 08-01-2018, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Stevie will probably have more money in her pockets but she will also have to work more. She supposedly took Lindsey’s place and in the band. Nor Neil or Mike. She did. So I expect her to work as much as Lindsey did. If she can’t do it, she should probably let others take her place. You know, people with some musical background.

Oh please, she will get someone else to do the work like she does every other time.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly. I don’t think she thought this enough. That’s why I don’t understand why everybody around her agreed with her crazy idea. Mike will probably do what she says but he won’t do more work on stage that his usual. He won’t do more just because she says so.

And she’s supposedly in a lot of physical pain...
Yep. I'll bet they ALL wish they had a time machine, and could reverse this travesty. She let(because they allowed) her emotions to ruin the band.

What kind of pain is she in? Her hips? They probably don't see much action these days, but from the stories I've heard, I can see why they're worn out.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Doesn’t she do her own two and a half hour solo shows? Seems like based on that alone, she will be fine.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Doesn’t she do her own two and a half hour solo shows? Seems like based on that alone, she will be fine.
But she has to do a LOT more tambo playing when she's not just standing at the mic singing and talking the entire time.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
What kind of pain is she in? Her hips? They probably don't see much action these days, but from the stories I've heard, I can see why they're worn out.
Yes, well, it's kinda obvious why.

But hey, she can do two and a half hours shows on her tours. So if you add The Pretenders, their shows are what? Four hours long? Please, she probaby stays no more than one hour and a half on stage! Then it's all for the real Rock & Roll Queen, Chrissie.

Math is not a strong subject on Stevie's fans.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, well, it's kinda obvious why.

But hey, she can do two and a half hours shows on her tours. So if you add The Pretenders, their shows are what? Four hours long? Please, she probaby stays no more than one hour and a half on stage! Then it's all for the real Rock & Roll Queen, Chrissie.

Math is not a strong subject on Stevie's fans.
Mama got around more than a merry-go-round.

She's bitten off more than she can chew with this decision. EVERY casual fan I know, that saw FM for the first time, walked away and told me that "Lindsey IS the show".

Unfortunately for them, I think math might actually be their strong subject.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
24 Karat Gold solo tour was 90minutes tops
Old 08-01-2018, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From the time she came on stage for Gold and Braid until she said good night after Landslide was 100 percent 2 hours long. That includes everything besides the music including encores but from start to finish her 24KG Show was 2 hours.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 08-01-2018, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
From the time she came on stage for Gold and Braid until she said good night after Landslide was 100 percent 2 hours long. That includes everything besides the music including encores but from start to finish her 24KG Show was 2 hours.
To be honest I took a guess at the 90minutes time as I figured with The Pretenders she wouldn't have had that much time left to go her portion of the show....you are no doubt correct and will know the exact timings, apologies