Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-08-2018, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I personally disagree; they survived probably the most horrible personal fights. For this to happen I think it was a business conflict and whoever in charge basically showing that they care about money more than loyalty.
I see your point, but I'd like to know where this alternate theory of Lindsey asking the Mac to work around his solo tour came from.

Old 04-08-2018, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
If this is over scheduling solo gigs along with the Mac tour, its outrageous the way Lindsey is being treated. First mistake, NEVER sign and be contractually obligated for a tour 2 years away. That's just dumb.
The band totally caters to Stevie's plans and tours. If Christine or Stevie did this, there would not be any speculation of replacing either of them for a tour. Why is Lindsey treated different and collateral damage?
1987 Lindsey shelved his solo album to bring Mick out of bankruptcy for Tango
2013 Lindsey agreed to another back to back world tour to welcome back Christine
2016/17 Lindsey tired of waiting for Stevie to join them records with Christine and does a tour
2018 Lindsey asks for a little time to promote his solo album? And the band goes on without him? Replace him?
Give me a break. If any of this is true, its obscene
You could probably add 1996 in there too when yet another of his solo albums essentially brought the band back together for The Dance. And it if wasn't for The Dance, Fleetwood Mac in whatever form it would have taken would have forever been on the county fair circuit paired with one or two other has beens every summer. Seriously, if any of this is true and they actually decided to replace Lindsey to go on yet another greatest hits tour, obscene doesn't even begin to describe it.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I agree with DreamsUnwind and BigAl...this scenario makes a lot of sense. I would add that reviews of the 2 stadium dates FM did last year suggested LB seemed unhappy or frustrated, and he himself acknowledged he only did them because he was contracted to, perhaps because the 2 dates interrupted his Buck/Vie tour. Maybe FM felt his attitude would continue during the tour, with LB happier during his solo tour, and then being unhappy performing with FM? Or maybe LB quit FM like he did in 1987?

I really don't believe it was a case of wanting to simply rearrange a few dates... heck, the other members would probably appreciate a few days off during the tour! True, the band used to be inflexible, such as letting SN only perform a dozen cities for her first solo tour, so she could record Mirage. But then they significantly shortened their Mirage tour for LB, so they did loosen up, especially in the last 20 years, allowing CM to leave and come back. If LB is out, it was not something as simple as rearranging a few tour dates, and it could even be his decision.
Don't believe the fairy tale from Stevie's stage banter during her last tour. She made herself out as some heroine that cut her 1981 solo tour short and rushed off to France to solidify her devotion to Fleetwood Mac.
Sounds great, right?
All members were contractually obligated to record 1 more album with Warner Brothers before 1982. All members knew the time they had to get back to the studio. The Tusk tour went on for over a year and then 1981 solo stuff. All members (not just Stevie) needed to finish up everything and be in France in early 1982.
If this was not the case, I don't think the band would have cared Stevie had a successful solo album and wanted a few more months to tour. She knew the timeframe and made it work for her the best she could just like the other members.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm loath to believe any of the rumors at this point, as nothing has been reported from a more legitimate news source. If, however, on the off-chance this is true, these people are utterly ridiculous. They're all old AF, get over yourselves already.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:26 AM
Junior Ledgie

I know it's hard to give Mick the benefit of the doubt, but it is entirely possible he - and John and Christine - are siding with Lindsey on whatever issue Stevie has which would explain the silence on the tour and Mick's "when words fail" post. Maybe Stevie and her camp have been trying to sell Mick on this Mike Campbell idea for a couple months and now leaked it to try to force Mick's hand.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamIsOver View Post
I know it's hard to give Mick the benefit of the doubt, but it is entirely possible he - and John and Christine - are siding with Lindsey on whatever issue Stevie has which would explain the silence on the tour and Mick's "when words fail" post. Maybe Stevie and her camp have been trying to sell Mick on this Mike Campbell idea for a couple months and now leaked it to try to force Mick's hand.

But all of this came out because Billy said Mick told him he had fired Lindsey. He's subsequently doubled down on this.
The dream is indeed over.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-08-2018, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
But all of this came out because Billy said Mick told him he had fired Lindsey. He's subsequently doubled down on this.

That reminds me, Neil Finn was with Mick at his restaurant last month. I don't want to stoke any rumours but I wonder if he could be considered as an additional vocalist.
EDIT: I was reminded of the Crowded House song Don't Dream Its Over btw.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-08-2018, 10:10 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Billy's post doesn't mention he heard this from Mick from what I've seen posted.

I wonder if the reason we haven't heard anything official is because things are trying to be worked out and nothing final has been decided. I thought Chis mentioned awhile back that they all signed on for this tour. So maybe there was some backpedaling by Lindsey around timing and all things are being discussed based on contracts. They are basically covering all possible scenarios if in fact they are contractually obligated to tour this year. This could be a back up plan or worst case scenario that is being discussed in the event things can't be delayed or worked out.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:12 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
My personal take is Billy herad a rumor and sensed an opportunity to inject himself into it sell some books and took it. A FM/Billy Burnette reunion would not instill any credibility in a Lindsey-less tour and I find the notion that Mick would even briefly entertain the idea absurd.

By the way, my username is not intended and should not be read as any sort of commentary on this situation. I've used the same handle on music boards like the Steve Hoffman Forum and the Van Halen links for over 15 years.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Your Dreams View Post
Billy's post doesn't mention he heard this from Mick from what I've seen posted.

I wonder if the reason we haven't heard anything official is because things are trying to be worked out and nothing final has been decided. I thought Chis mentioned awhile back that they all signed on for this tour. So maybe there was some backpedaling by Lindsey around timing and all things are being discussed based on contracts. They are basically covering all possible scenarios if in fact they are contractually obligated to tour this year. This could be a back up plan or worst case scenario that is being discussed in the event things can't be delayed or worked out.
He did say it in a comment on Facebook. It was not in the original post.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamIsOver View Post

By the way, my username is not intended and should not be read as any sort of commentary on this situation. I've used the same handle on music boards like the Steve Hoffman Forum and the Van Halen links for over 15 years.
Love that Van Halen song.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread...743787/page-14

This thread is back up in case anyone didn't get a chance to read it before. Trying to think outside the box here--maybe the Heartbreakers will tour with FM instead of it being a Lindsey or Mike situation. I'm sure Stevie and Mike are devastated over Tom's death. This could be a way for them to work together and pay tribute to Tom. Stevie can sing with FM and do a few songs with the Heartbreakers. I don't even know how this would work, just trying to imagine something besides LB was fired.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey tours are only a couple of months. This whole situation if it’s true is ridiculous. I wasn’t going to see a new music less tour anyway , but a LB less tour? No freaking way. This coming from somebody who was the biggest SN fan until the last couple of years , if it’s true is has something to do with her recent insufferableness.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread...743787/page-14

This thread is back up in case anyone didn't get a chance to read it before. Trying to think outside the box here--maybe the Heartbreakers will tour with FM instead of it being a Lindsey or Mike situation. I'm sure Stevie and Mike are devastated over Tom's death. This could be a way for them to work together and pay tribute to Tom. Stevie can sing with FM and do a few songs with the Heartbreakers. I don't even know how this would work, just trying to imagine something besides LB was fired.
I don't understand how that would work. The Mac already has a sold out arena. Why bring the Heartbreakers so Stevie can sing with them? If that is something Stevie wants to do in her solo time, it sounds wonderful. But lets stick with Mac members for Mac music.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-08-2018 at 10:31 AM..
Old 04-08-2018, 11:20 AM
Senior Ledgie

The most recent Joe Compton post on the MC fan page on fb seems to have been removed.