Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Look for new interview with Stevie and Lindsey about TUSK Album

Nov.2,2009

“In The Studio” Radio Interview with Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham

This month has marked the 30th anniversary of the release of “Tusk”. “Tusk” was the third album released by the “classic” lineup of the band (Mick, John, Christine, Stevie and Lindsey). The 20 track double album was released on October 15th, 1979, and was the follow-up to Fleetwood Mac’s landmark album, “Rumours”, released in 1977. Stevie and Lindsey will discuss the significance of the album, and will talk about how important the album has become to the history of rock, and to the history of the band.

The members of Fleetwood Mac are always doing promotion and interviews, and are always very open. So, this interview should be no different. The band is usually willing to answer any question, but a lot of the interviewers they come across seem to stick to the same topics (the making of “Rumours”, feuds between the band members in the 70’s, their drug addictions, etc…), but this interview sounds like it will give us a new perspective on an album that many fans consider to be overlooked and underrated.

The interview will air sometime this week. Go to the “In The Studio” website for a preview.

http://www.inthestudio.net/

http://fmed77.wordpress.com/2009/11/...ey-buckingham/
Old 11-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How can any interview that starts with Think About Me be anything but excellent?

Stevie's fans could go crazy thinking of those 4 verses of Sara that were cut. But she amuses me saying she thought it was more important to get the song on the album, edited or not. Because that reminds me of the SS dilemma.

Michele
Old 11-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Awwww, I'm soo excited for hearing the whole interview!! And to hear them talk about Tusk, it'll be intresting

Old 11-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaDonna93 View Post
Awwww, I'm soo excited for hearing the whole interview!! And to hear them talk about Tusk, it'll be intresting
Tusk is getting some love in England! Michele
Old 11-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Tusk is getting some love in England! Michele
Yeah, Don't know if Tusk was that famous in Sweden (weird if it wasn't, in my opinion as a fan) but I know Tango was But they haven't talked much about Tusk in interviews, what I've heard, so yeah, it'll be very funny

Old 11-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
How can any interview that starts with Think About Me be anything but excellent?
Quote of the week for me, I adore that song. It's like a bridge between Rumours and Tusk, a bit of the heartache of Rumours but more of the optimism and renewed diligence in the music/songwriting found in the Tusk album.

For some reason whenever Lindsey and Christine collaborate, or at least share vocal duties, the song is timeless (Think About Me, Don't Stop, Hold Me, more I'm forgetting).

- Spike
Old 11-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

World Turning...
Old 11-05-2009, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Stevie's fans could go crazy thinking of those 4 verses of Sara that were cut. But she amuses me saying she thought it was more important to get the song on the album, edited or not. Because that reminds me of the SS dilemma. Michele
lol...the fact that there are are four missing verses missing does make me crazy! Still, even she couldn't have really expected that all 16 minutes of the song would go on the album...definitely not with two other writers contributing as well. You do have me wondering, though, if the reason she allowed it to be edited so much was because of SS. It does make sense.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Thanks for the heads up!! Oh Stevie will go round and round and talk about everything but what Sara is really about...she's always vague...or speaks of the mechanics of the song...though it would be nice to hear the other 4 verses...I'm sure they're beautiful...but I'm also sure they're as elusive as the first few...and we still wouldn't be able to figure it out on our own! Don't get me wrong...I love Sara....in fact its been my favorite of her's for over 20 years.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Listened to this just now. It is separate interviews with Stevie and Lindsey and their recollections/reflections of select songs from Tusk and they play a handful of songs -- Sara, Sisters of the Moon, Storms, Tusk, The Ledge, maybe one or two more. While it contained a lot of the same usual Rumours history in the beginning, I heard them, specifically Lindsey, comment on things i've never heard commentary on before. Some highlights or noted moments for me were:

Lindsey talking about Storms and about Stevie's delivery of the song and how she must be going back a few years and alludes to the sadness and pain in the song. He then says it is one of his favorite songs on the album. That was something I've never heard him speak of anywhere, so that was new to me.

Didn't really learn anything I didn't already know about Sara or Tusk. Stevie says she'll play all of Sara someday. I hope she means it!

A lot of long Lindsey segments. You know how he is. All circular and not necessarily answering the question. But still, i love his dialogue.

Then of course there is the Stevie monologue of Lindsey and her and their tattered love and how it can never be again. Same general tone of what we've been hearing elsewhere lately, but I was really hearing regret here.

Then there is some discussion of why Lindsey left the band after making Tango and then he talk somewhat about what that departure meant to the friendships he had with the members of the band and how that resonates today. I thought there was some definite "the band=Stevie" moments in that. And I thought he was almost fessing up to the fact that he has made it difficult for "them" (again he says band, i think he means Stevie) to really have a stronger friendship because he's not allowed himself to engage in it. Again, my total take and paraphrasing of it, but that's what I thought he possibly was saying.

I also got the impression that this was taped awhile back. Possibly even last year. There was no reference to the Unleashed tour, other than Lindsey saying "we plan to tour again next year" all the while referencing SYW as the most recent tour. So, that leads me to think this could have possibly been sitting on a shelf for sometime. I don't know. Maybe someone else got a different impresion.

I'm sure most of you will go and listen to this. I'm anxious to hear what others got out of it.

I linked to a radio station (see link to page with stations below) and listened to it this morning. There seems to still be a handful of broadcasts later on today and it looks like the main site will host the recording.

http://www.inthestudio.net/on-the-radio/index.asp
Old 11-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I love, love , love the way he describes and talks about Stevie's vocal on Storms.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Naming no people, but telling no lies."

Atta girl, Stevie!

P.S. Love the birds in the background of Stevie's interview. Ha.

Last edited by FMlex; 11-08-2009 at 01:27 PM..
Old 11-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I love, love , love the way he describes and talks about Stevie's vocal on Storms.
I know right it was so sexy.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Me too, that was definitely my favourite part. There was way more Lindsey than Stevie in this interview but it was great to hear him talk about particular songs. I thought it was interesting that he said that he wasn't as much into drugs. I wonder if that's really true.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Me too, that was definitely my favourite part. There was way more Lindsey than Stevie in this interview but it was great to hear him talk about particular songs. I thought it was interesting that he said that he wasn't as much into drugs. I wonder if that's really true.
In comparison to the other members of the band, namely Stevie and Mick, he probably wasn't. BUT I do think that he was undoubtedly involved more than he likes to make it sound.