User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Live Nation counts on concert warhorses to revive ticket sales next year
USA Today
He's especially optimistic that the cast of the TV show Glee, Van Halen, Avril Lavigne, Christina Aguilera, and Fleetwood Mac will fill arenas and ampitheaters.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...es-next-year/1
Old 10-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default FM rythym section

Popdose Listmania: Top 50 Rhythm Sections (35 - 21) | Popdose
By Popdose Staff
The popularity and sexual drama of Fleetwood Mac have overshadowed a good deal of their playing over the past thirty-five years, but a little studying of both their past and current histories show that these are guys with serious chops ...
Popdose - http://popdose.com/
Old 10-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Historical Births: Famous Births on 3 Oct
By coolheader
1949 - Lindsey Buckingham, American musician (Fleetwood Mac) 1949 - J. P. Dutta, Indian Bollywood film director 1950 - Pamela Hensley, American actress 1951 - Dave Winfield, American baseball player 1951 - Keb' Mo', American singer ...
Historical Births - http://historical-births.blogspot.com/
Old 10-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Reign of Love: Fleetwood Mac
By Shannon
He used to be guitarist and occasional vocalist for the band Fleetwood Mac, if you didn't know. It was the discovery my senior year of high school (and watching and re-watching) of an old VHS of my mom's with recorded music videos from ...
Reign of Love - http://shannonshoes.blogspot.com/

Carter's Rock N' Roll Diary: October 3rd « 100.7 WZLX – Boston's ...
By CBS Radio
Happy Birthday to Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac. Heâ�™s had a Top 10 hit as a solo artist too, what was the song? Answer: â�śTroubleâ� which came out in 1981 and reached #9 on the singles chart in the US And hereâ�™s the ...
100.7 WZLX - Boston's Classic Rock - http://wzlx.radio.com/
Old 10-06-2010, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Re: Wrexham vs Fleetwood

I think we will beat fleetwood mac 6-0

Yes im going for a landslide!
People say they are decent but i think they are little lies
A solid performace will see us win no questions asked
As long as you follow the town we will win!
Be sure to give tony barry some abuse the little gypsy!
And if you have come to boo, you can go your own way!

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/w...fleetwood.html
Old 10-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Van Halen May Tour in 2011 | Van Halen News Desk
By jeff
I reluctantly bought tickets for Fleetwood Mac years ago for my wife. I was seriously blown away by the show they put on. Lindsay Buckingham is a seriously talented guitarist. I was really suprised at how good they were live and I would ...
Van Halen News Desk - http://www.vhnd.com/?q=Save+Us+From+Berlusconi

Linus Loves- VH1 | Homeless Fart
By guy
so, i'm hearing “family man” by fleetwood mac. anyone else. A friend and I are debating. October 6th, 2010 at 8:47 pm. 11. Blackfire1214 Says: I'm surprised not alot of people heard of Linus Love They rock! October 6th, 2010 at 9:11 pm ...
Homeless Fart - http://www.homelessfart.com/
Old 10-07-2010, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default what a dipsh&t

Parlor Spider...Step In, Little Fly: Seriously? It's Come to This?
By dp
Their most popular, of course, was "Don't Stop Believin'" which earns Fleetwood Mac a hefty chunk o' change, I suspect, especially since the song has been downloaded more than 992000 times among the total download sales of 11.5 million. ...
Parlor Spider...Step In, Little Fly - http://xteacher.blogspot.com/
Old 10-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Armendazzle: Fleetwood Mac's "The Dance"
By Monica
When I met Drew years ago, I knew I liked Fleetwood Mac, based on....oh...the only 3 songs of theirs I had ever heard. After nights of listening to FM albums and sharing CDs, I truly came into my FM fandom. ...
Armendazzle - http://armendazzle.blogspot.com/
Old 10-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What a blazing idiot

At .47 Stevie forgets how to blink!!! At .57 she cracks a little smile because she forgot the lyrics and sings “Once in a million years” and at 1:04 you can see Lyndsey crack a smile too!! You’re right emey1045…I’m a musician and playing live is what it’s all about. No Pro Tools, pitch correction going on here. LOVE IT!

http://dynomusic.com/pop/fleetwood-mac-rhiannon-live/
Old 10-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I've never heard of him

“Learn How to Bring Your Lyrics to Life” during a free workshop with songwriter Mark Cawley. Cawley’s written songs for the likes of Tina Turner, Joe Cocker, Spice Girls and Wynona Rider. He was a founding member of Indiana-based The Faith Band. The group recorded three albums in the 1970s and toured with Fleetwood Mac, the Doobie Brothers and Hall and Oates.

The one-night only workshop is 7 p.m. Oct. 18 at Sweetwater Sounds, 5501 U.S. 30-W., Fort Wayne.

Those interested in attending this workshop must send an MP3 recording of their work to Cawley at www.idocoach.com by 7 p.m. Friday 10/15 . Space is limited so registration is required by Oct. 18. To register, call 800-222-4700, or visit www.Sweetwater.com.

http://www.thestarpress.com/article/...NT02/101008022
Old 10-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default the Rumours album Saturday, October 9, 2010

I wanna thank Michelle of "Stray Cat Blues" for picking this piece of mine as one of her top three at her blog. If you haven´t discovered her blog already, you must cause it rocks. She has a passionate way of analysing music plus she is a huge Led Zep follower, so that´s enough for me. Go and check her blog and the other pieces. Trust me, you won´t regret it. Anyway, there was a contest and the rules were to pick up an album or a band, an artist, a song, a concert and just write about it. I had to go with Fleetwood Mac cause they inspire me too damn much. So, I want to THANK MICHELLE for loving this one and for encouriging me to write more. I´ve realised i hardly write here so I´ve decided i´ll do it more often cause i basically enjoy it. If you have nothing to do, you might wanna read it. Felt like sharing. After all if you haven´t heard this album yet, you don´t know what you´re missing. Enjoy!

"I would have picked the band but nobody would have stopped me with the paragraphs. Let´s see, two couples breaking up while recording an album definitely attracted my thirsty morbid curiosity of wanting to know how that could have turned out. Who would have said that such a painful process would become an exquisite masterpiece in the history of rock?. Ironically, their worst time in life brought out the best as regards music. Every song is a reflection of what they were experiencing, I admire the passion they had while writing and recording each one of those. This whole album was a ****ing bittersweet soap opera with great harmonies around a mix of perfect acoustic and electric instrumentation. These five human beings were so different and yet musical soulmates. I have to admit that the whole “I love you, I hate you” background in those songs is like a turn on every time but when i hear the voices and the instruments combined with those lyrics, I´m in total awe.

In Rumours, Stevie Nicks voice was powerful and melodic. It was perfect, like honey dripped on velvet. She could be sweet like in “Dreams” or take it to the edge like in “Gold Dust Woman”. Christine McVie had a soft but smoked voice and she could handle those keyboards as an extension of her hands. Lindsey Buckingham had an acceptable voice but his real talent was on those guitar strings. No pick, just those fingernails almost bleeding with love, hate but mainly passion. He knew how to set any kind of guitar on fire. For me, he is one hell of an underrated guitar player. John McVie might have been the quiet one but you could tell his bass was part of his body. He never stopped playing it. He just knew when to play it soft but precise or rough like in “The Chain” when he steals the song completely even if it is for a few seconds.

Mick Fleetwood is the last but not least. Even when he seems the lost link of the chain, he was the one who kept all those harmonies together just being an animal behind those drums. He was the essential extra spicy "dressing". In this album, each song is brilliant and has its special taste. I have my favorites like “Go Your Own Way”, “The Chain”, “Gold Dust Woman”, “You Make Loving Fun” or “Dreams”.“Fleetwood Mac” had talented musicians, singers and songwriters who sang from their experiences and emotions, mainly from their hearts. It was a moment in history when bands wanted to sell records and become rich and famous but at the same time it was a time when they gave everything from themselves just FOR THE LOVE OF MUSIC. That´s why I love Rumours cause I feel that LOVE and I LOVE this record and these guys. I couldn´t live without it as much as I can´t live without good old rock n´roll.

As said in Almost Famous:
“EXPERIENCE, ENJOY IT. JUST DON´T FALL FOR IT”

http://lovelyboheme.blogspot.com/201...urs-album.html
Old 10-09-2010, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Rumours (Deluxe Edition)
Posted on October 9, 2010

Three decades after Rumours established itself as one of rock’s most ubiquitous, overarching successes, discussing Fleetwood Mac’s heady 1977 monster (18 million sold and counting) might seem pointless; one might as well deconstruct a Big Mac. But this remastered, double-disc deluxe edition succeeds by offering up a generous, compelling portrait of that overly familiar musical triumph via 18 bonus tracks that include demos, outtakes, run-throughs, and studio jams. Stripping hits like “Don’t Stop,” “Go Your Own Way” and “Gold Dust Woman” down to their most bare-bones form reveals the sturdy, elemental framework that tellingly lies beneath all the pop perfection.
But tracks like Lindsey Buckingham’s ebullient instrumental “Brushes” (the basic tracks of “Never Going Back Again”) also display a musician whose focused vision is informed by accomplished playing that’s anything but simple. The two brief studio jams included aren’t much more than noisy, disposable fun. But other outtakes of songs that didn’t make the album (Stevie Nicks’s “Think About It” and “Planets of the Universe”; Buckingham’s “Doesn’t Anything Last”) help underscore the contention of Dave DiMartino’s insightful new liner notes: This was a band on the cusp of triumph literally coming apart at its emotional seams, yet one which somehow channeled that personal turmoil into nothing short of epochal musical success. –Jerry McCulley

Rating: (out of 40 reviews)

List Price: $24.98

Price: $7.36

This entry was posted in Music. Bookmark the permalink.
← Winnie The Pooh And Friends Steering Wheel CoverErin Baker’s Breakfast Cookie Chocolate Chunk, Vegan, 3-Ounce Individually Wrapped Cookies (Pack of 12) →5 Responses to Rumours (Deluxe Edition)
Edwin W. Skinner, Jr. says:
October 9, 2010 at 7:28 pm
Review by Edwin W. Skinner, Jr. for Rumours (Deluxe Edition)
Rating:
What more can you say about RUMOURS that hasn’t been said . . . a thousand times? One of pop’s greatest statements, RUMOURS endures as nostalgia in the hearts & minds of 70′s teens now all grown up, as well as in the heads of younger musicians and music lovers for its passion & guitar growl. Hey – even grunge embraced the Magic, as Hole saw fit to cover “Gold Dust Woman”.

No need to run down the cuts track-by-track; most of us know the playlist by heart. What is important to remember about RUMOURS is that while it yielded no less than five radio hits, the remainder of the album is probably better than those five songs.

Fleetwood Mac was one of the last 70′s-style FM radio bands to benefit from the free-form nature of the FM format and RUMOURS provides a nice opportunity to contrast the difference between radio yesterday & today: 70′s FM educated people; today’s radio pacifies them. An album like RUMOURS would be impossible today, as radio would never think to offer so many of its cuts up for consumption. Today, all you need is a hook, a gimmick and a video with a little skin & innuendo. After that, it’s onto the ‘ol scrap heap, with all the other flavors-of-the-week. Next!

So hop into the time warp and return to a more trusting time. Let what everyone says about RUMOURS wash over you; give in to the experience. Believe what all those silky-toned 70′s FM deejays said. Forget about that no-talent Lady Gaga (don’t worry – you will soon enough, anyway). Embrace what truly talented and committed musicians have to offer. Buy into the RUMOURS.

MRT says:
Review by MRT for Rumours (Deluxe Edition)
Rating:
“Rumours” is FLEETWOOD MAC’S best album. The best two songs on the album are a hit, “Go Your Own Way,” and an album track, “The Chain.” Both fuse good production with a strong sense of drama . “Go Your Own Way” has a bone-crushing vocal hook and “The Chain” is one of the most brilliantly bitter-sounding songs around. “Gold Dust Woman” has some of this drama as well.Other good songs are the bittersweet “Songbird” ,”Don’t Stop” and “Dreams.” The hit “You Make Loving Fun” is a very strong.The rest of the album is a pop rock masterpiece.

Just Fell In says:
Review by Just Fell In for Rumours (Deluxe Edition)
Rating:
There isn’t much that can be said about Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours that hasn’t already been said before. 6 out of the original 11 songs on the album went on to become either hits or radio staples. The story behind the making of the album is legendary. It’s surprising that no one thought about making a movie about it.

Riding high on the success of the previous “Fleetwood Mac” self-titled album, the band went into the studio to record rumours. When I say riding high, it is in more than one way, since the band members were purported to be some of the highest consumers of cocaine in the music business at the time.

Also, Stevie Nicks (singer/songwriter) was long-time girlfriend of Lindsay Buckingham’s (singer/guitarist/producer/songwriter)but broke up with him and ran to drummer Mick Fleetwood. At the same time, married couple John McVie (Bassist) and Christine McVie (singer/keyboardist/songwriter) decided to get a divorce. The result was the emotionally-charged, confessional, blockbuster album Rumours. It is currently the 9th best-selling album of all time and definitely Fleetwood Mac’s best ever. It is a combination of blues/folk/rock/pop with a 70s California sound that still sounds fresh today as it ever did. You won’t find many albums with this consistency and appeal. This is one of those albums that is truly legendary and is oversold in any attempt to describe it. If you’ve never heard it and like soft-rock, you owe it to yourself to buy it.

Very Highly Recommended

Jan2X says:
Review by Jan2X for Rumours (Deluxe Edition)
Rating:
bought this last week and I’m glad I took the risk. the sound is great and i’m back to loving this album dearly like the first time i heard it years ago, considering the sound quality of the old version is pretty dirty as if caked with mud. the silver springs addition is not bad unlike what others say. i don’t want to know and songbird probably enjoyed the best of the facelift because in the old CD they were merely “fillers” but here due to the sound improvement they contribute better on the album as a whole.

however i think the second disc is unnecesary and so is the price.

http://www.simspremiere.com/rumours-deluxe-edition/
Old 10-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac are a British-American rock band formed in 1967 in London. The two most successful periods for the band were during the late 1960s British blues boom, when they were led by guitarist Peter Green, and from 1975 to 1987, with more pop-orientation, featuring Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks. The band enjoyed more modest success in the intervening period between 1971 and 1974, with the line-up including Bob Welch, and also during the 1990s which saw more personnel changes before the return of Nicks and Buckingham in 1997, and more recently, the departure of Christine McVie. Fleetwood Mac earned their Hollywood Star on October 10, 1979.

http://scratchdisk.posterous.com/pro...-fleetwood-mac
Old 10-13-2010, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac (Deluxe Edition) | browntonbruins.com
By admin
The first Fleetwood Mac release with the addition of singer-writer-guitarist Lindsey Buckingham & singer-songwriter Stevie Nicks, this is the one most often overlooked, as it pre-dates The Masterpiece, RUMOURS. ...
browntonbruins.com - http://www.browntonbruins.com/
Old 10-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Saw this bit about SnL on a blog advising people on how to help children through divorce.

Um, I don't think the kind of separation Stevie and Lindsey had is one that any child should be exposed to, much less one to be recommended.

http://helpingchildrenthroughdivorce...-your-own-way/

Garnet’s Commentary:

In January 1975 Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham were lovers. They were broke and didn’t even file income tax because they worked in restaurants and didn’t make enough money to report. Their relationship didn’t last. So what did they do about it? They made magic!!! They were asked to join Fleetwood Mac that year and in 1977 began singing about their experience…together. You Can Go Your Own Way is an absolute brilliant song about relationship and Stevie and Lindsey to this day still perform the song together. They connected and found a way to stay connected. A true testament to the mutual respect they have for each other -- something that all people facing the challenge of divorce or separation should emulate.