User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-11-2005, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I mean he seemed elated La Nicks was coming on board and he said he was knocked out that they were all working together again.
He must have been stoned on the floor again.

Old 02-11-2005, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
Be fair? This "brilliantly petulant" LB forever on this damned floor stoned? I'd think the state of being perpetually on this floor might have caused some muscular atrophy. It's amazing the man can still walk.
Though I did not really say he was "always" stoned, mea culpa for any implication because he most certianly was not always stoned - just apparently when La Nicks got home from working to allow him that luxury

Of course it was the 70's and they were in LA - so he could have been always stoned as many were
Old 02-11-2005, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
He must have been stoned on the floor again.
smoking dope reading Creem Magazine waiting to buy a FM record
Old 02-11-2005, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is the same man who bemoaned the fact that Warners wouldn't release Gift of Screws and then turned around and made it into a Fleetwood Mac album with insufferable Stevie Nicks "songs" tacked on. If he was so concerned with artistic integrity and releasing his art without worrying about money and compromising his vision, he would have released it independently or sought out a small label such as Sanctuary. Instead, he took the commercial approach and feigned shock when the reality sunk in that it was, in fact, a commercial venture and not a very artistic one.

This assumes that he's always able to make just exactly the decisions he and only he wants to make. This assumes that Lindsey feels that Stevie's "insufferable" songs weren't making any artistic contribution to an album. This assumes that he doesn't enjoy his band and wasn't there for any other reason than to make money.

This also isn't the point we were discussing about trying to convince Mick to make a double album with an analogy that you've accused him of using in a way he wasn't.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How you could have married such a high-ranking member of the Stevie Brigade in the first place is a mystery to me. The sex must be fabulous.
I also am a high ranking member of the LB brigade I mean I flew to Chicago for his Soundstage thingee for goodness sake and I have repeatedly said I think he is a genius and I love his work.

As for Lux - a gentleman never tells
Old 02-11-2005, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He implied it when he said he had a new house and family to consider
No, he didn't. That was a different conversation at an entirely different point in the making of the album, when he decided it wasn't smart to personally absorb all losses all by himself, when his artistic plea to Mick failed.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:59 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
This assumes that he's always able to make just exactly the decisions he and only he wants to make.
He's a grown man, no one twisted his arm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
This assumes that Lindsey feels that Stevie's "insufferable" songs weren't making any artistic contribution to an album.
"Insufferable" is my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
This assumes that he doesn't enjoy his band and wasn't there for any other reason than to make money.
The fact that he opted to turn it into yet another Mac project with insufferable Stevie Nicks songs after his album had been rejected in the nineties makes it obvious that money was part of the equation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
This also isn't the point we were discussing about trying to convince Mick to make a double album with an analogy that you've accused him of using in a way he wasn't.
No, it isn't. Keep up, dear.

Old 02-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Lux
Old 02-11-2005, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
No, he didn't. That was a different conversation at an entirely different point in the making of the album, when he decided it wasn't smart to personally absorb all losses all by himself, when his artistic plea to Mick failed.
Well, no I think the two cannot be easily separated as they occured in the same general argument. I got the impression overall that LB was very worried about the commercial success of this record and how it would affect his life. I think he just refused to believe that a double CD would not sell. Again, I am not faulting him for this as I would be worried about commerical success as well, esp. considering my band spent probably way over a million dollars making the record, my last solo stuff did not sell well at all, CM (the hit maker) was not there, and I have a new house and family.

Last edited by strandinthewind; 02-11-2005 at 01:17 PM..
Old 02-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
He lets his b*tch do that instead.
where is that pasta!!!!!!!

Actually, Diss could be both of ours. We could drive him nuts - a relative concept I readily admit and it is a little hard to make water wetter
Old 02-11-2005, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Obviously we respond well to derogatory comments and the need to hit each other, sometimes with spaghetti. Plus there's nothing like a bit of role-play and if dressing up in nothing but a piece of chiffon is his style, then I guess it's just my lot in life.
Poor thing. You must be a masochist. I envision Jason getting off by tying you up and forcing you to listen to When I See You Again until you sing it and like it.

Old 02-11-2005, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Poor thing. You must be a masochist. I envision Jason getting off by tying you up and forcing you to listen to When I See You Again until you sing it and like it.
well, it could be worse in that I could be singing it at the same time!!!!!
Old 02-11-2005, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
The fact that it took him so long to realize it wouldn't be smart to absorb all the losses by himself is very telling about his view of reality.

Old 02-11-2005, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The fact that it took him so long to realize it wouldn't be smart to absorb all the losses by himself is very telling about his view of reality.

REALITY - you assume to much for these people
Old 02-11-2005, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Though I did not really say he was "always" stoned, mea culpa for any implication because he most certianly was not always stoned - just apparently when La Nicks got home from working to allow him that luxury
Are you sure Stevie wasn't describing one or two incidents over and over and over because she enjoys how it makes her look and how it makes Lindsey look?
Old 02-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
well, it could be worse in that I could be singing it at the same time!!!!!
That would be one instance where auto-erotic asphyxiation would be required to go horribly wrong and make someone pass out.

Old 02-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Lux