User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkystuff08 View Post
I also read that their last show in New zealand was televised there-- surely someone has seen it?
Hi. Do you remember where you read this?
Old 03-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Not to be rude Vanessa, cause it's been a year since you wrote this, but I was just wondering if you ever got anywhere with this issue?
Obviously not, or I would have shared it. But thanks for reminding me. I need to contact these bastards again. This time I'm bringing German reinforcements.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:29 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Hi. Do you remember where you read this?
at http://www.fmlegacy.com/concertsfmtusk.html#itinerary

The note for the March 22, 1980, Auckland, NZ shows says, "The show was broadcast live to the entire country. Lindsey had a bit too much to drink before the show and embarassed himself a bit onstage. Mick, apparently upset with him at the time, would not take the band out for an encore."

Reading it again, I suppose they could have been referring to a radio broadcast, but I took it to mean that the show was televised.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey sure looks pissed out of his skull on the YouTube video.

I'd love to have some decent concert footage from this era. Listening to bootlegs I really think this was the best time for them. Lindsey looking great, having shaved off his hair, playing a guitar that sounded like it was going to explode any moment. Stevie still sounding good (as opposed to the Mirage Tour DVD on which she sounds awful imo). There's just seems to be an extra bit of edginess to the whole thing. Eespecially with Lindsey being ever so slightly crazy at this time.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
Lindsey sure looks pissed out of his skull on the YouTube video.
Of which youtube video are you referring to here?
Old 03-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Was the Checkerdome show that was filmed for the Tusk tour doc not filmed in it's entirety? How about the LA shows (or shows) that were used for the HBO Mirage special? The reason I ask is that in the CV commentary, Stevie claims that she didn't think FM ever did what she did; film an entire show and package it for release. I say, she's delusional and maybe is having severe memory lapses.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkystuff08 View Post
at http://www.fmlegacy.com/concertsfmtusk.html#itinerary

The note for the March 22, 1980, Auckland, NZ shows says, "The show was broadcast live to the entire country. Lindsey had a bit too much to drink before the show and embarassed himself a bit onstage. Mick, apparently upset with him at the time, would not take the band out for an encore."

Reading it again, I suppose they could have been referring to a radio broadcast, but I took it to mean that the show was televised.
The information comes from "My Life & Adventures ..." on page 229. It was a live radio broadcast.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
Was the Checkerdome show that was filmed for the Tusk tour doc not filmed in it's entirety? How about the LA shows (or shows) that were used for the HBO Mirage special? The reason I ask is that in the CV commentary, Stevie claims that she didn't think FM ever did what she did; film an entire show and package it for release. I say, she's delusional and maybe is having severe memory lapses.
I would imagine all those shows were filmed in their entirety. It would make absolutely no sense to turn off your cameras in mid-show, & then turn them back on later for encores or what-have-you. If you set up cameras & crews & mics & all that paraphernalia, you keep the cameras rolling for the entire concert. You haven't even made a decision at that point which songs of a show you're going to keep in a videotape -- that's an editing decision probably made while looking at all the footage long after the filming is over, just like all the cuts.

Stevie doesn't apparently know or remember. But then again, she thinks she toured Wild Heart in 1984.

Now, this doesn't necessarily apply to news cameras from local TV stations, who might film a number or two & then pack up to get back to the newsroom to file a story.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Stevie doesn't apparently know or remember. But then again, she thinks she toured Wild Heart in 1984.
Thank you for putting a smile on my face.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:09 AM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
She is delusional but I took it that she meant up until that time they had never done that. They filmed the Tusk doc concert but that's a little different. Although she could've given it some credit instead of making it sound like she was such a pioneer with her own concert
Old 03-03-2008, 07:22 AM
joe

Quote:
In her mind she did. She also won a pulitzer prize, was responsible for the wall coming down, was and still is a critical force in ending hunger, came up with the idea for Woodstock, "pretty much" ran for mayor of Phoenix in "like" 1995....

I'm waiting for someone to start correcting her in her interviews. "Um, no Stevie, you didn't tour in 1984. What's up with that? Also, Red Rocks was not the final show in 1986 but you claim it is. You also stated in a 1990 concert that Landslide had been taken out of the set 12 years ago but, in fact, it was performed in the 1982 tour." Why are you making up such vicious rumours? Pun intended."

Ya think that might be the end of the interview?
Old 03-03-2008, 07:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
That's what's so frustrating - knowing that this footage exists after seeing bits & pieces of it over the years, but not being able to get our hands on it. Same with Mac's Us Fest appearance in 1982 (clips of which were shown on some news channels & I think German TV) & Stevie's 2001 benefit (which we see at the beginning of the Destiny Rules doc.) I know there's probably many more, this is all I can think of right now.
I used to have a video that had the entire songs Don't Stop and Songbird from Mac's '82 US Festival. I had trusted another trader to convert it onto DVD for me and never got it back though.....

luv,
Shel

http://stevienickswelshwitch.tumblr.com/

..so today she says, "Well I've changed my mind." That's a woman's right they say...
Old 03-03-2008, 07:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
Ya think that might be the end of the interview?
She didn't seem pleased when that interviewer corrected her recently when she spoke about Joe Walsh being the love of her life. 'Ehm, but Stevie, you said this a few years ago...'

Yeah, still laughing about that.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL, one would sooner correct The Queen of England than to correct Stevie. Rock royalty, and all that..
Old 03-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
I would imagine all those shows were filmed in their entirety. It would make absolutely no sense to turn off your cameras in mid-show, & then turn them back on later for encores or what-have-you. If you set up cameras & crews & mics & all that paraphernalia, you keep the cameras rolling for the entire concert. You haven't even made a decision at that point which songs of a show you're going to keep in a videotape -- that's an editing decision probably made while looking at all the footage long after the filming is over, just like all the cuts.

Now, this doesn't necessarily apply to news cameras from local TV stations, who might film a number or two & then pack up to get back to the newsroom to file a story.
Great point to make about all the cameras etc. It would only make sense to film the whole show and not only part of it. I would love to see full shows starting with Rumours/Tusk/all of the Mirage concert...sorry , I love the Mirage concert...all of Stevie's HBO special...including all of the cut songs...WH/etc....all of FMacs videos too...Its a shame that this doesn't get released....just like the re-issue cds...Mirage/Tango/Mask....its like what are they waiting for ...(Stevie's solo re-issues too)....the time is NOW...not like 20yrs from now when no one will care....there loss really....and sadly ours too........
PS--loved your comment about Stevie thinking she toured for WH in '84.....good one...LOL
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."