User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somajoseph View Post
Yes i did see them on the Tusk Tour. I saw their 3rd show at the L.A.Forum which was quite an experience for me, then a 16 year old at his first really BIG rock show. It was December 6th, 1979, and I remember being surprised when they did Rhiannon because I had no idea it turned into this long extended 8 minute version. It was great just hearing Stevie wail away-they were truly a great rock n roll band onstage then.
I also saw the last 2 shows of that tour at the Hollywood Bowl. Horrible seats the first night, but I didnt care. It was just the thrill of being there.
I love memories like these! Is there more you might remember about these Tusk shows?

Old 11-14-2007, 12:38 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somajoseph View Post
Yes i did see them on the Tusk Tour. I saw their 3rd show at the L.A.Forum which was quite an experience for me, then a 16 year old at his first really BIG rock show. It was December 6th, 1979, and I remember being surprised when they did Rhiannon because I had no idea it turned into this long extended 8 minute version. It was great just hearing Stevie wail away-they were truly a great rock n roll band onstage then.
I also saw the last 2 shows of that tour at the Hollywood Bowl. Horrible seats the first night, but I didnt care. It was just the thrill of being there.
Thats incredible. Ugh, if only I grew up in the 70's.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamMcConville View Post
Thats incredible. Ugh, if only I grew up in the 70's.
Then you'd be in your 40's now! And a really spectacular piano player!!

Old 11-14-2007, 02:08 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Then you'd be in your 40's now! And a really spectacular piano player!!

And that would be fine by me!
Old 11-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A possibly very related question...

Does anyone remember a VHS floating around that was VERY similar to this setlist? I think it was very possibly this exact concert, minus some of the songs (all of the songs listed here were on it). I got my copy of that concert at least ten years ago and I know it's from the Mirage tour, but never knew the date/location. I recently stumbled across the DVD version of that bootleg, which blew my mind. The woman who owned the store said it came from Europe.

Is the same concert? Regardless, it's definitely the same era, which oddly is one of my favorite live Mac eras, more for the setlists than anything. Thanks for uploading!
Old 11-26-2007, 11:19 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
A possibly very related question...

Does anyone remember a VHS floating around that was VERY similar to this setlist? I think it was very possibly this exact concert, minus some of the songs (all of the songs listed here were on it). I got my copy of that concert at least ten years ago and I know it's from the Mirage tour, but never knew the date/location. I recently stumbled across the DVD version of that bootleg, which blew my mind. The woman who owned the store said it came from Europe.

Is the same concert? Regardless, it's definitely the same era, which oddly is one of my favorite live Mac eras, more for the setlists than anything. Thanks for uploading!

Mirage is also my favorite era.

The only video from the Mirage era I know of is the commercially released is the Fleetwood Mac: Live In Concert 1982 video, which was originally released on VHS and Laserdisc and can now be found on ebay. It has a similar setlist, and was actually filmed two days after this show.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamMcConville View Post
The only video from the Mirage era I know of is the commercially released is the Fleetwood Mac: Live In Concert 1982 video, which was originally released on VHS and Laserdisc and can now be found on ebay. It has a similar setlist, and was actually filmed two days after this show.
They made the video using both nights in L.A. For example, Rhiannon was from the 1st night, as was Sisters of the Moon tongue-speaker part.

You're right about the slim pickins on video. The commercial video, obviously, plus parts of the US Festival, & there's a little bit of rehearsal (of Hold Me) used for the "2 On The Town" TV show. I haven't seen any more than that.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-29-2007, 11:28 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
They made the video using both nights in L.A. For example, Rhiannon was from the 1st night, as was Sisters of the Moon tongue-speaker part.

You're right about the slim pickins on video. The commercial video, obviously, plus parts of the US Festival, & there's a little bit of rehearsal (of Hold Me) used for the "2 On The Town" TV show. I haven't seen any more than that.
Speaking of the US Festival, I was just watching a news clip, and it appeared that they were lip-syncing Brown Eyes. I don't know if they did that at the actual show, or the News program decided to over-dub it themselves. All I know is that it horrified me.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:07 PM
Junior Ledgie

Hi everyone. I'm new to the board so... hello, nice to meet you all!

I hope it's not too awful to pop up asking favors, and I realize this thread has been here awhile, but could someone maybe renew the files on mediafire, or post the show again? I'd absolutely adore it, but I can't seem to download it with any of the links on this thread.

Anyway, I'd appreciate it if it's at all possible. Happy trails, all.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett DuBois View Post

I hope it's not too awful to pop up asking favors, and I realize this thread has been here awhile, but could someone maybe renew the files on mediafire, or post the show again? I'd absolutely adore it, but I can't seem to download it with any of the links on this thread.

Anyway, I'd appreciate it if it's at all possible. Happy trails, all.
I'll upload it over night!
Old 12-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett DuBois View Post
Liam will handle your request. But I was wondering why you didn't call yourself Blanche O'Hara.

Welcome to the Ledge.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Junior Ledgie

Thanks very much Liam - it's very kind of you. And hello David! I actually had to toss a coin to decide. Are you a Vivien Leigh or Tennessee Williams fan, or both?

If both you and I are gonna be the best of pals! haha.

Well, again, thanks again to both of you, both for the bootleg and the warm welcome. Both are very much appreciated.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:05 PM
Junior Ledgie

Oh, and by the way, I have no clue if this makes any difference, but my e-mail address is RaineArtemis@aol.com.

So if that saves anyone the extra trouble uploading the tracks to mediafire or some-such may cause, it would be quite alright to send them to me directly, if that's any more convenient. No rush, and thanks!
Old 12-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

welcome scarlett of the woods!

Old 12-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Junior Ledgie

Thanks a ton, Shack. You know, I was just combining the names of Scarlett O'Hara (Gone With The Wind) and Blanche DuBois (A Streetcar Named Desire), but now that you mention it... doesn't "Scarlett Of The Woods" sound like the title of some lost Rumours-era Stevie demo that will no doubt surface in the next few years?