Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey's Jeans this tour..

Silly reason to start a thread, right? But not necessarily, considering how much Stevie's oufits/shawls/boots/frankenboks are discussed.

I really dug the jeans Lindsey wore during the previous tour. I believe the brand were 7 for all Mankind. This time around they're Levi's, at least at Anaheim, and they're too tight a fit, IMO. They look kinda funny to me. What do you guys think?

Jamie
Old 05-31-2013, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Silly reason to start a thread, right? But not necessarily, considering how much Stevie's oufits/shawls/boots/frankenboks are discussed.

I really dug the jeans Lindsey wore during the previous tour. I believe the brand were 7 for all Mankind. This time around they're Levi's, at least at Anaheim, and they're too tight a fit, IMO. They look kinda funny to me. What do you guys think?

Jamie
I'd prefer he wore some that were just a touch looser, but I don't mind these. Maybe they stay up better while he's onstage? He wore the same jeans on the OMS tour as well.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post

Jamie
yeah, i like to call them jeggings (guess that's what they actually are?)

my preference are kind of jeans he wore during SYW tour (a bit looser), but i prefer this year's (and like redtulip said, he wore the same last year) to the Unleashed jeans. my teenager commented "i didn't know he wears tights on stage" when we saw him in Baltimore last year.

during OMS tour, after the show, he would usually change out of these jeggings into a regular looser jeans for meet&greets, and i preferred those.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-31-2013, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

can't help but noticing that since this thread has been on the top in Lindsey forum, this forum has consistently had the largest number of views compared to the other forums (Rumours, SN) which normally far outnumber it.

we are such a shallow bunch!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-31-2013, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

example of meet&greet jeans i was talking about in my earlier post -

Old 05-31-2013, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I just wish he'd vary his outfits a little. It is getting hard for me to tell the difference between pics from the GOS, SWS, and the current FM tours.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I just wish he'd vary his outfits a little. It is getting hard for me to tell the difference between pics from the GOS, SWS, and the current FM tours.
I like that he doesn't. Makes me identify with him a bit. Find something that works and stick with it, I say.

I like his skinny jeans. He has the legs to pull them off. Personally, I can't get skinny jeans past my thigh. But if you've got it, flaunt it.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Too tight you say? Let him wear whatever makes him happy.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really like the jeans this tour better than the most recent past solo tours and maybe Unleashed. I liked SYW too. But, these are much better, I think. I'll reserve final vote until I see them live though.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
I like that he doesn't. Makes me identify with him a bit. Find something that works and stick with it, I say.
I've come to love that about him. It's kinda endearing, actually. At least we have video screens now to help break up the monotony in the photos, which is a plus! For the record, though, I think he looks great in the jeans he's wearing this tour. But really, he can wear whatever the heck he likes, and it's fine with me.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What I think is interesting, amusing, often lovable about him is it seems to me he is naturally contrary. I get the impression he automatically wants to do the exact opposite of what people tell him should be done. It seems to be a knee jerk response. He compromises now more than he used to, but I think his first instinct is still to resist all popular suggestions.

It seems like -- and maybe this was truer 30 years ago than it is today -- that either you have to not say anything at all to him or you have to use reverse psychology (and be subtle and expert at it) to sway him to do something other than what he is doing. Certainly, nagging or criticizing didn't get you very far.

Michele
Old 06-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
What I think is interesting, amusing, often lovable about him is it seems to me he is naturally contrary. I get the impression he automatically wants to do the exact opposite of what people tell him should be done. It seems to be a knee jerk response. He compromises now more than he used to, but I think his first instinct is still to resist all popular suggestions.

It seems like -- and maybe this was truer 30 years ago than it is today -- that either you have to not say anything at all to him or you have to use reverse psychology (and be subtle and expert at it) to sway him to do something other than what he is doing. Certainly, nagging or criticizing didn't get you very far.

Michele
I think that's it exactly! I was just thinking about that the other day, while watching the video of Not That Funny I took in Vancouver. I was thinking how great it was that he seemed to understand that fans really wanted to hear more from Tusk, which got me thinking about an early m&g I had with him during OMS Tour when we got discussing FM doing Tusk songs on the upcoming tour. Elle had already made it clear to him, the night before, how much she wanted to hear WATL, and so when he and I got talking about what songs they (FM) should play, he said, yeah, Walk a Thin Line, right? And I said, oh...um, sure! But there are other good choices too. I'd love to hear What Makes You Think You're the One, The Ledge, Save Me a Place.

And so he does Not That Funny The one none of us mentioned
Old 06-02-2013, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
I think that's it exactly! I was just thinking about that the other day, while watching the video of Not That Funny I took in Vancouver. I was thinking how great it was that he seemed to understand that fans really wanted to hear more from Tusk, which got me thinking about an early m&g I had with him during OMS Tour when we got discussing FM doing Tusk songs on the upcoming tour. Elle had already made it clear to him, the night before, how much she wanted to hear WATL, and so when he and I got talking about what songs they (FM) should play, he said, yeah, Walk a Thin Line, right? And I said, oh...um, sure! But there are other good choices too. I'd love to hear What Makes You Think You're the One, The Ledge, Save Me a Place.

And so he does Not That Funny The one none of us mentioned
Of course he did - wouldn't be our beloved Lindsey if he did what we asked/wanted!
Old 06-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Elle had already made it clear to him, the night before, how much she wanted to hear WATL, and so when he and I got talking about what songs they (FM) should play, he said, yeah, Walk a Thin Line, right? And I said, oh...um, sure! But there are other good choices too. I'd love to hear What Makes You Think You're the One, The Ledge, Save Me a Place.
That's hilarious. And it reminds me of him doing the same thing with OOTC, when everyone (both fans and professional writers) told him that it was the only solo album he ignored in his solo act and he should have something from that in his setlist, he decided to do Turn it On or All My Sorrows, the OOTC songs that got the fewest requests.

Michele
Old 06-03-2013, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What I also love about him is that out of nowhere he'll pop out with, like, a suit or a dress jacket and pants to just mix it up and break the pattern. Obviously, he consciously thought that out. Or I like to think he did.

Personally, I think all his jeans are fine. He's got such thin legs that the tight jeans just work. It's not like Lindsey will ever wear the jeans I'd love to see on him, so I'm just going to get used to what it is. What it has been for, like, I don't know how long...

What I really wish he would change up is the top. I think he needs to go back to button-down shirt, preferably white or blue. That t-shirt he wears tho...

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL