Addicted Ledgie

Tusk

Old 04-14-2013, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Sad Angel

"it's really a trip"

"we're gonna be dropping an EP, probably next week online, and then a bit later as a physical piece of work"

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My favorite part of the show was Sisters of the Moon. I had seen them at MSG and DC Verizon Center this week. Chicago was the best concert - NY the worst. Chicago fans better and the sound is so much better at the UC. In any case, I said to my buddy - Stevie says at the end of the song they have not played since 1979. But really it was 1982 for Mirage. At the end of the song, Stevie said - such an old song - have not played in years. Someone yells 1982. She said huh - I've been saying 1979. Damn right - Chicago rocks!!!!!
Old 04-14-2013, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
At the end of the song, Stevie said - such an old song - have not played in years. Someone yells 1982. She said huh - I've been saying 1979. Damn right - Chicago rocks!!!!!
Hopefully she'll start saying 'the early 1980's' from now on.Waiting with baited breath for the SOTM video to surface.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My favorite part of the show was Sisters of the Moon. I had seen them at MSG and DC Verizon Center this week. Chicago was the best concert - NY the worst. Chicago fans better and the sound is so much better at the UC. In any case, I said to my buddy - Stevie says at the end of the song they have not played since 1979. But really it was 1982 for Mirage. At the end of the song, Stevie said - such an old song - have not played in years. Someone yells 1982. She said huh - I've been saying 1979. Damn right - Chicago rocks!!!!!
That was funny, at least now she knows! My favorite part was when she was talking about Buckingham Nicks and how the album tanked, and the whole audience went "aww." And then she says "no, it really tanked!" and Lindsey pipes in with "tanked!" I also thought it was funny how she said it was winter in the morning and summer by the afternoon. I didn't realize 50 degrees was summer!
Old 04-14-2013, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, I'm eager to see the video too. Someone should give Mick a dvd-r copy of the 1982 Sisters Mirage performance at the Meet and Greet to give to Stevie to "remind" her. She might not be aware of how well the staging and performance of Sisters worked for that tour, and she probably doesn't remember that Lindsey was singing the third verse. Or, of course, she may be choosing to conveniently not remember that particular version of the song.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Yeah, I'm eager to see the video too. Someone should give Mick a dvd-r copy of the 1982 Sisters Mirage performance at the Meet and Greet to give to Stevie to "remind" her. She might not be aware of how well the staging and performance of Sisters worked for that tour, and she probably doesn't remember that Lindsey was singing the third verse. Or, of course, she may be choosing to conveniently not remember that particular version of the song.
it's probably a part of her life that's completely erased from her memory if it ever was there

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it's probably a part of her life that's completely erased from her memory if it ever was there
Very true. The band though should at least be familiar with their concert videos, right?? Maybe it's like the case of Without You where Lindsey tells her one thing and she remembers it differently. I will say I was very surprised when on Good Day New York last year the hosts asked Stevie about her excellent impromptu version of Wild Heart at the Rolling Stone photo shoot and she was actually aware of it. So it's hard to tell what she knows and what she doesn't.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Hmm. Sara is an INTERnational treasure. Tusk and Sara are Fleetwood Macs Culthits. Not like the rumours and white album hits.
I wouldn't really call Tusk a cult hit, mainly because the use by the Trojans makes it really widely known. Even before I lived in California where USC was popular, I heard this song played at college games and it seemed to have a life of its own, outside of Fleetwood Mac. In fact, maybe it's just a cover they do.

Michele
Old 04-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"it's really a trip"

"we're gonna be dropping an EP, probably next week online, and then a bit later as a physical piece of work"
A physical piece of work like an art sculpture or something. I will mount it in my backyard and place flowers around it. Perhaps, a fountain.

Michele
Old 04-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Rhiannon

The Chain

Dreams

Old 04-14-2013, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I wouldn't really call Tusk a cult hit, mainly because the use by the Trojans makes it really widely known. Even before I lived in California where USC was popular, I heard this song played at college games and it seemed to have a life of its own, outside of Fleetwood Mac. In fact, maybe it's just a cover they do.

Michele
lol. you know, my son was asking me after the show whose song Don't Stop is and why did they cover it in concert?

Old 04-14-2013, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
lol. you know, my son was asking me after the show whose song Don't Stop is and why did they cover it in concert?
Awwww. And Christine has been gone as long as he's been alive.

Michele