Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-28-2019, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Upcoming tv appearances

Stevie & Sheryl Crow will be on Ellen on 12/4.

Also they will be on Jimmy Kimmel on 12/5.

Last edited by kak125; 11-28-2019 at 09:31 PM..
Old 11-29-2019, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

the new narrative will be "we could have been in FM together except Lindsey put his foot down so we couldn't"
Old 11-29-2019, 03:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
the new narrative will be "we could have been in FM together except Lindsey put his foot down so we couldn't"
Except that's completely true.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie and Sheryl will be working together, then?
Old 11-29-2019, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It had better not be to discuss making “new” music...
That would be the last straw..
Old 11-29-2019, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It won't be about making new music I guarantee. It will be about another frigging tour. Together.
Old 11-29-2019, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
It won't be about making new music I guarantee. It will be about another frigging tour. Together.
You are so correct!
Just like the Rod Steward "Heart and Soul" tour was announced on Ellen. This spring/summer tour will be announced. Sheryl's career has fallen and she needs Stevie to fill those seats. Maybe a performance of Sorcerer or one of Sheryl's songs.
Remember that Stevie believes its foolish to record new music that no one will hear. I also believe this will be a co-headliner tour with both Stevie and Sheryl performing together on stage. Maybe call it Heart and Soul part 2.
Old 11-30-2019, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Let’s not forget Sheryl released a new album a few months ago, and Stevie sang on the opening track. Could be as simple as that. Stevie does like/need to keep herself visible, and she’s got nothing else going on at the moment. But yes, I suspect a double tour could be afoot, too.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It won’t be new music from either. Sheryl Crow has gone on record to say that her latest album “Threads” will be her LAST full length album. Like Stevie, she sees no point in making full length records. She has stated that she will only record and release singles from here on out, and only when she feels the need. Both women will walk through their golden years with “tours only”. The previous post is also correct, Sheryl Crow can no longer fill large venues as a headliner. Rather than playing small venues, I’m assuming she’ll join forces with larger acts like Stevie. Sheryl also served as the opening act for Heart (Ann & Nancy Wilson) for a few shows on their last tour. It’s a Stevie/Sheryl Tour. I’m on board, as long as they play some rare material and keep the set list interesting.

Last edited by WatchChain; 11-30-2019 at 11:06 PM..
Old 12-01-2019, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope it's a Stevie/Sheryl tour, simply for the chance that she might decide to put "If You Ever Did Believe" in the set.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
It won’t be new music from either. Sheryl Crow has gone on record to say that her latest album “Threads” will be her LAST full length album. Like Stevie, she sees no point in making full length records. She has stated that she will only record and release singles from here on out, and only when she feels the need. Both women will walk through their golden years with “tours only”. The previous post is also correct, Sheryl Crow can no longer fill large venues as a headliner. Rather than playing small venues, I’m assuming she’ll join forces with larger acts like Stevie. Sheryl also served as the opening act for Heart (Ann & Nancy Wilson) for a few shows on their last tour. It’s a Stevie/Sheryl Tour. I’m on board, as long as they play some rare material and keep the set list interesting.
well at least she's open to putting out SOME form of new music. Unlike Stevie.
Old 12-01-2019, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Perhaps, they will perform TISL in its entirety. Get your bright red lipstick on.

Michele
Old 12-02-2019, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Both women will walk through their golden years with “tours only”.
You got it.

Ellen? Jimmy Kimmel? Stevie is so El Lay. I go back to YouTube and watch prior appearances on Ellen and I can't shake the mind-numbing boredom. In between commercial breaks, Ellen's band plays some pseudo-funk and Ellen shows us her whitebread moves and then turns to the camera and introduces Stevie as if Stevie were her longtime BFF. I've almost given myself a migraine thinking about the inauthenticity of it all. I'm just not into this talk show stuff with superannuated celebrities who want to announce a tour together. Nothing of any interest will be said or done on the talk show and nothing of any interest will be done on the tour. Everything is marketing. How come all the activist-minded youth everywhere these days excoriate capitalism — and then lap up this marketing swill? I don't understand people. I'm the capitalist around here and I am disgusted with these endless tours, with sports arenas filled with screaming idiots and merchandise and entire server rooms onstage. No sooner is one tour finally finished than another one starts. They have nothing to do with rock or passion or commitment; they're ersatz rock. Do they sell shirts in the lobby with the sponsor and NOT the band on the front? It's great that there's a market today for so much that passes as entertainment, and I always admire a business deal. But can't any of it anymore be artistically rewarding?

Safe travels and happy flying to Madame Nicks and her accountants.

moviekinks.blogspot.com

Last edited by David; 12-02-2019 at 01:01 AM..
Old 12-02-2019, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Perhaps, they will perform TISL in its entirety. Get your bright red lipstick on.

Michele
They probably won't even go out onstage together, except for a campy song like Stop Dragging My Heart Around with Chrissie Hynde (her Kick Me message to her longtime fans).

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-02-2019, 05:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

So true David that its all about marketing and Ellen is the worst. It will be a puff interview with fake laughter and marketing and promotion.

Could you imagine a real interview? Stevie, the dance that Lindsey did was so innocent, why were you upset with him to demand he was fired from Fleetwood Mac?

Instead of: This is so amazing the two of you together. Everyone in the audience is getting a copy of Sheryl's new CD. Tell us about this tour. Oh, this is going to be so special. Make sure to get your tickets for the holidays. This is going to be one incredible tour by two incredible women.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-02-2019 at 05:10 AM..