User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-31-2011, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangdrum View Post
I can't believe I won the Band Bench drawing!
that's so great that big lindsey fan like you will get to be there - have fun!!
Old 10-31-2011, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default First review ever! (hah)

I just got back, so I can get in first with this performance. Incidentally, everyone now has to watch it as I think (couldn't tell for sure with the camera angles) I may well be CENTER back of stage for the entire song...

If you don't want to know what song he did (not IOOT), go away now.

He did End Of Time! (Next single? Best prepared? Just felt like it? No idea.) No pre-song or post-song chatter. Other guests were Heidi Klum and some really really lame comedian. Then they started setting up the stage for LB and marched us "Band Bench" people to this scaffolding setup directly behind the peformance area. For whatever reason, the guy chose me to stand on the second level of scaffolding RIGHT in the CENTER (on the left end). I saw the tech guy Stan (from those other videos) walking around with an RS6, and then Brett appeared from somewhere. Suddenly, there's LB, smiling and whooping at us folks in the scaffolds! I gave him two thumbs up before descending into nonstop clapping, so maybe he noticed me? It's Halloween, and some people were wearing costumes - LB was very interested in this girl right at the front wearing cat ears or something, and mimed cat ears on his head to show he liked it. He whooped and cheered at us a few times before heading to the mic. Neale came out of nowhere and seemed uninterested in us. Wally was literally within touching distance. He had a tray of percussion things next to his kit - I wonder if he thought he'd be using them? When the song started, I spent a while clapping on every beat like some other people, but my hands got tired. So I switched to trying to sway (like one of Stevie's backup singers) like the girl at the right end of the scaffold was doing, and eventually ended up doing god-knows-what while mouthing/singing-under-my-breath every word of the song. LB was so close, I could see his bald spot in the back and JUST HOW TIGHT those jeans are (plus how damn skinny he is!). When the song was done, Jimmy Fallon came over and shook everyone's hand, while we all kept cheering. Once the camera was off him, LB cheered and whooped at us another few times before going STRAIGHT backstage. Brett waved at us, and only some people (me included) waved back. Wally looked like he was going to be friendly, and since he was still holding his drumsticks, I thought I would ask for one if he came over, but then he just went backstage too. Neale disappeared as quickly as he appeared on stage. Then they shooed us all back to the regular seats and then threw us out of taping.

Anyway, yay! Look for me on the show please! I posted my picture here, and I was wearing a purple-tie-die-ish long sleeved shirt with black designs on the front, jeans, and New Balance sneakers (though I doubt those got on camera!).
Old 10-31-2011, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

photo (from today's taping?): http://twitpic.com/78vdqx

maybe we should at this point consolidate bangdrum's thread with her show review and this thread?

EDIT: thanks Michele!

Last edited by elle; 10-31-2011 at 08:17 PM..
Old 10-31-2011, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If you don't want to know what song he did (not IOOT), go away now.
Ooh, that song's quite a surprise. Nice to know that Lindsey kind of interacted with the studio audience the same way he does with his concert audience, cat ears and all.

Great review. Thank you!

Michele
Old 10-31-2011, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Ooh, that song's quite a surprise. Nice to know that Lindsey kind of interacted with the studio audience the same way he does with his concert audience, cat ears and all.

Great review. Thank you!

Michele
No problem. Being (as far as I know) the only Ledgie there, I figured I might as well pass on anything I noticed.

If there'd been pre-song chat, maybe he would've explained why he chose that song. But yeah, he seemed just as psyched that there were us idiots clustered together behind him on a mini-stage as he does for whole (or nearly-full... ) theatres full of people waiting to see him. If he hadn't been on a schedule, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd spent more time with us - shaking hands or whatever.

As for that tweeted photo, I think that might just be generic "LB live" promo material.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No problem. Being (as far as I know) the only Ledgie there, I figured I might as well pass on anything I noticed.
not completely sure, but think there was at least one more ledgie there...

Quote:
As for that tweeted photo, I think that might just be generic "LB live" promo material.
oh, ok. i was getting excited that for once he ditched ugly-buttons shirt for tv appearance.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
not completely sure, but think there was at least one more ledgie there...
Really? Who? Where?

Quote:
oh, ok. i was getting excited that for once he ditched ugly-buttons shirt for tv appearance.
I honestly don't know what shirt he had on - I didn't register it during the short time he was facing the back wall, and the rest of the time I stared at the back of his head! He still had the jacket though. But the stage wasn't as dark as that picture; that's why I don't think it was a live shot.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I honestly don't know what shirt he had on
yeah, ugly shirt with buttons.

was there another song done to be available as online exclusive?
Old 11-01-2011, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Bangdrum I enjoyed your review. I'll have to look
for you when I watch it again.

I thought Lindsey did a very good job this time out.
His voice sounded better than I've heard in a long time.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah, ugly shirt with buttons.

was there another song done to be available as online exclusive?
Nope. WYSIWYG.

My mom watched it with me and asked why he chose such a downbeat, depressing song...

Thanks iamnotafraid. I honestly don't think you can see anyone, but it IS possible the idiot flailing their hands all over who's vaguely visible at times is me. I was right to the right of Wally and probably WAS flailing my hands like an idiot.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought he sounded good too, but I wish he would have picked a different song, maybe Illumination or That's The Way Love Goes? Something a little more catchy to draw in some new fans.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Finally got it uploaded! I recommend watching it fast before YouTube takes it off!

Old 11-01-2011, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Finally got it uploaded! I recommend watching it fast before YouTube takes it off!

cool - thanks!
Old 11-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks for putting up the video. Fallon's site has the episode up, but it always plays jerky for me. Was that a vinyl copy of the album he was holding up, or just a large print? It was a great performance, but something with more intensity would have been nice for late night, in my opinion.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeepingWall View Post
Thanks for putting up the video. Fallon's site has the episode up, but it always plays jerky for me. Was that a vinyl copy of the album he was holding up, or just a large print? It was a great performance, but something with more intensity would have been nice for late night, in my opinion.
i was wondering about that too, probably just a large print.

here's the link to the whole episode on Fallon website (plays fine for me) - lindsey comes on ~34-35 mins:
http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon....-2011/1365554/

also, blurb on stereogum:
http://stereogum.com/864811/lindsey-...28stereogum%29

Lindsey Buckingham Visits Fallon

Nov 1st '11 by tom @ 10:36am

Last night, Cali-rock triple-O.G. Lindsey Buckingham graced Late Night With Jimmy Fallon with his presence, performing “End Of Time,” a smooth wailer from new album Seeds We Sow and bringing the same cool weathered professionalism that he showed on Conan a couple of months ago. Watch it below.

Seeds We Sow is out now on Buckingham Records.