User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoinny View Post
I am thinking they felt they really needed to add it to the set list this time around, esp since they know the fans love it so much (don't they?), plus this is such an iconic live song for them, I bet if Stevie had her way, they wouldn't be doing it tho!
Aww, that's sad. But you may have a point. Stevie wants to do it, but she is probably doubting. Well, we got to hear it (at least once) I'm sure it will pop up on youtube soon.

It was a subdued performance, I will say, but I was glad that they at least tried. It was a good (newer) interpretation.

Last edited by FierySequences; 04-05-2013 at 09:00 AM.. Reason: performance
Old 04-05-2013, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In my mind, this song is about ownership and showmanship. It takes a lot of confidence to pull off this performance. There isn't any liquid or powder courage anymore. Does Fleetwood Mac have the natural adrenaline? Can it be done? I think so. The entire band has to be into it. The song builds from it's very introduction.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I think this totally deserves it's own thread. Now that we've got an MP3 version of Sisters Of The Moon, what are everyone's initial impressions?

:
Well, a forum like this is all about sharing. How can we give you a proper reply when you didn't even suplied a link,of where this mp3 can be found?

So, where is it?
Old 04-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post
Well, a forum like this is all about sharing. How can we give you a proper reply when you didn't even suplied a link,of where this mp3 can be found?

So, where is it?
I believe he was referring to the link in the opening night thread.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i am on the fence about it because some parts of it sound great and others not so great. i dont like the way she is signing the sisters part but hopefully it will get better as the shows go on.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sometimes you have to find a solution. We have a 2.40 minute Not That Funny, their shortest liveversion ever. it doesn't have the eighties treatment where's It's build out into that orgastic theatre, and it lacks the brilliantly weirdo cacaphonic ending of the studioversion. But instead we get this folky arrangement with very highenergy vocalblends that end the song like a powerhouse. It's possible.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post

So, where is it?
I added it to the first post, but here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?l468045hdcaept1#!
My apologies, I was rushing out the door to work this morning when I created the thread.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I really hope it stays in the setlist and I can't wait to hopefully hear it in a few months.
Everyone seems to be really worried about Sisters being dropped. I really don't think that's going to happen. The audience seemed to really react to it first of all. But more than anything, this is the lone 'new' song on this tour for Stevie... she really can't drop it. She brought out Beautiful Child for the Say You Will tour (and later added Sara). Unleashed brought us Storms. Sisters is this tour's unexpected mothballed oldie. Otherwise, Stevie's just relying on the old hits, which is what she's repeatedly said this tour is not about.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Everyone seems to be really worried about Sisters being dropped. I really don't think that's going to happen. The audience seemed to really react to it first of all. But more than anything, this is the lone 'new' song on this tour for Stevie... she really can't drop it. She brought out Beautiful Child for the Say You Will tour (and later added Sara). Unleashed brought us Storms. Sisters is this tour's unexpected mothballed oldie. Otherwise, Stevie's just relying on the old hits, which is what she's repeatedly said this tour is not about.
Well, she also has Without You. Which I also hope stays in the set. I'm just paranoid one of those will be dropped, but fortunately I can't really think of anything they would be replaced with.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I believe he was referring to the link in the opening night thread.
Found it, downloaded the dime torrent and Sisters is blasting thru my Sonos-system right now....sorry for being impatient

Love it! Like it! Chicken skin! Wow! Great! Stunning!

Ok, it doesn't have the loaded energy of the 70s or 8os but hey...haven't we waited for this for over a 30 years...
Old 04-05-2013, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was so happy to hear it last night. Great addition to the set. To make it "perfect" have Lindsey sing a line and have Stevie remove the aviators and extend it a minute ot two longer. Overall awesome and loved it.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I really missed the smokin' guitar solo at the end. It feels like half the song is missing with the abrupt ending, just like Rhiannon. That said, it was very cool and I'm glad they did it. I think it might get better when Stevie gets more comfortable with singing it and can throw it some ad libs to make it more interesting. I missed Lindsey singing a bit of it too, but I missed the guitar solo a lot more.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it sounds good...nice and moody. I mean, none of us expected the exorcism of 1982 SOTM did we? I agree with others than a nice rocking guitar solo ending would have been good, but I'm sure she will add a few things as it goes along.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Sometimes you have to find a solution. We have a 2.40 minute Not That Funny, their shortest liveversion ever. it doesn't have the eighties treatment where's It's build out into that orgastic theatre, and it lacks the brilliantly weirdo cacaphonic ending of the studioversion. But instead we get this folky arrangement with very highenergy vocalblends that end the song like a powerhouse. It's possible.
I'm glad they lost the "Orgasmic" NTF. To me that always felt like I was basically listening to Lindsey masturbate on stage for several minutes and I'd rather hear real singing and playing!

Old 04-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Registered

it's gonna get dropped.