The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My video best viewed at the 720p quality setting on YouTube.

SOTM
http://youtu.be/SNwSspgCjMs

Old 04-27-2013, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My video from Pittsburgh. Best viewed at 720p HD

GDW

http://youtu.be/XA5imCk8PJ8
Old 04-28-2013, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyMac View Post
My video best viewed at the 720p quality setting on YouTube.

SOTM
http://youtu.be/SNwSspgCjMs

Wow, thank you. Great video.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Rhiannon
http://youtu.be/h0XMLev1KqM
Old 04-28-2013, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really like the spooky trees in the background video. Reminds me of the old backdrop they used to use.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I really like the spooky trees in the background video. Reminds me of the old backdrop they used to use.
Yes, that's what I love about it.

Michele
Old 04-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She's definitely still struggling a bit from these videos. Not singing as well as a few shows ago. Hope she recovers fully soon.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-28-2013, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gypsy
http://youtu.be/_ol3kAMOc58
Old 04-30-2013, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Pittsburgh City Paper

http://www.pghcitypaper.com/FFW/arch...-fleetwood-mac
Posted by Nicole Chynoweth on Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Three years have passed since Fleetwood Mac’s last tour, but their performance at Consol Energy Center last night proved their on-stage spark is hardly exhausted. For about two and a half hours, the band sent the crowd on a nostalgic journey through their back catalog with many of their greatest hits, as well as a long lost demo and a new track from their upcoming EP. While the band as a whole put on a great show, the musical chemistry between Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks could not be ignored.

“Second Hand News” opened up the show, presenting Buckingham’s awe-inspiring fingerpicking skills almost immediately. As soon as the last chord sounded, Mick Fleetwood, seated atop an impressively large drum kit, rattled his shimmering chimes and broke into “The Chain.” John McVie’s dark, ominous bass solo hypnotized the squealing audience. Both songs set the tone for the evening: the Mac is back.

After “Dreams,” Buckingham took to the mic to discuss Fleetwood Mac’s return to the road.

“Every time we go apart and come back together, it’s different,” he said. “There are some chapters left to write for Fleetwood Mac.”

With that, the band performed “Sad Angel,” a new song from their next release. Much like many other Fleetwood Mac favorites, the song was upbeat with Buckingham’s fingerpicking driving the song.

Most of the set list seemed to focus on Buckingham’s talent as a guitarist, especially during his solo acoustic performance of “Big Love,” during which he thrashed and smacked his strings. Nicks’ vocals and theatrics also took center stage, specifically during “Rhiannon” and “Sara.” “Landslide” and “Never Going Back Again,” both performed acoustically by the duo, drew even more attention to them, as though the rest of the band hardly existed.

Buckingham gave a brief speech about a business axiom before tearing into two songs from Tusk. He explained the phrase, “If it works, run it into the ground and move on,” reminds him of that album, which shocked Warner Brothers quite a bit.

“It was not what they ever expected and most probably not what they wanted.”

“Not That Funny” allowed Buckingham to get more aggressive with his vocals, while he turned “Tusk” into a chaotic, barbaric chant. He crept up to the microphone like a jungle cat, building the song with increasingly louder coyote-like yelps. Fleetwood’s drum solo further established the savage manner of the song.

In addition to playing old favorites, Nicks and Buckingham performed a song they had recorded as a demo in the 1970s and lost somewhere along the way of their rise to fame.

“It was before we were even doing drugs. We were sober, and we still lost it!” Nicks said.

The song, entitled “Without You,” was a ballad written by Nicks about Buckingham. They rediscovered it on YouTube recently and have been performing it throughout their tour. Fleetwood moved off of his platform and in between Nicks and Buckingham, making the song seem even more intimate, as though the trio were reliving a moment from the start of their career together.

“Gypsy” and “Eyes of the World” had the crowd singing, while Nicks’ performance of “Gold Dust Woman” turned into a haunting, theatrical performance. She writhed around in a gold outfit, like the melting Wicked Witch of the West. Buckingham countered Nicks’ dramatics with his evocative rendition of “I’m So Afraid.” He thrashed and smacked his guitar strings like a man gone mad, creeping across the stage with a slow skip.

“Stand Back” and “Go Your Own Way” livened up the audience after Nicks and Buckingham’s bizarre performances. “World Turning” included an appropriately over-the-top solo from Fleetwood, with him screaming “Are you still with me?” in between his flurried drum rolls.

The band left the stage, only to return with a rousing performance of “Don’t Stop.” Brett Tuggle’s piano solo stole the show. The band left and returned to the stage once more for a poignant performance of “Silver Spring.”

As the band bid the audience farewell one last time, Nicks showed her gratitude for their fans, dubbing them “the dream catchers.”

“This whole thing is all your fault. You did it,” Nicks said as she thanked the crowd for their support over the years.

Fleetwood, donning a red top hat, red shoes, and knickers, gleefully trotted to the microphone to also show his graciousness.

“We are glad to be back doing what we love to do,” he said.

And with a tip of his hat, the ringleader exclaimed a prophetic message.

“Remember…the Mac is back!”
Old 05-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Wow, thank you. Great video.
Yes, thank you Sandy Mac. For it is fans like you that make youtube an exciting place for me to visit. Be my, SOTM.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks Sandymac for the vids.They were great.

I just found this collection from the show on youtube.Looks like he/she went to town filming.

https://www.youtube.com/user/clubdoc/videos

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
She's definitely still struggling a bit from these videos. Not singing as well as a few shows ago. Hope she recovers fully soon.

I have been ill lately and nesting in bed with books. I'm reading one about reflexology...there was a passage in there about how a professional singer could no longer hit the higher ranges of her voice. Said that the person had calluses that were effecting meridians and energy flow associated with those acupressure point...they had several treatments over the course of a few months and they were able to recover their lost tones...I'm wondering if there are things she can do to heal herself and her voice that have little to do with voice therapy. This tour is still at the beginning stages, hoping she gets the care she needs to see it through.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default I thought she sounded pretty great...

After missing the last tour, I had high hopes for this one. I wasn't disappointed. As much as I'd love to hear Crystal, That's Alright, Paper Doll, Blue Letter, etc., I really enjoyed this show. I missed the big "...hoooooooome, Sara" from the Unleashed show, but Sara was still a highlight for me. Once they started I didn't think Stevie's voice was in too bad a shape. She came out strong and held on. Lindsey was on fire (ISA solo was amazing) and Mick and John held it all together. Without You is better on the EP...it just seems to drag on live. If I make the Cleveland show, I'll hope they swap in Miss Fantasy somehow. I can dream. Sisters was a highlight as well considering I wasn't alive the last time they performed it live. The final one-two punch of Silver Springs and Say Goodbye is a nice closing for the show. SG was better than the SYW Tour version to me. Bit of a long post...and a bit late...but it's my first post after quite a few years of reading. Figured I'd get it all out.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^Oh, not long at all. And I love the comparisons you made to the songs this tour vs. the way they sounded in previous tours.

I agree with you that Without You is better on record than live. But maybe it has gotten better live. I can't wait to see them again and listen anew.

Michele
Old 05-25-2013, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie