User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-14-2018, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
I don't know about PTSD issues, I have no idea if she has it. It was just my point of view.

I know he was mad at MusiCares. What I've heard was that there was a fight between Stevie & Lindsey because he yelled at Karen (I don't know what she did, if anything) and Stevie exploded about that.
Also ~ during the first day of rehearsal he supposedly said that she couldn't sing anymore and her voice sounded like sh!t. That's when she was like:"That's it".
I heard it from a good friend who heard it from a band assistant so...
Really?! I didn't know that part of the story. Still, no reason to fire him.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 04-14-2018 at 08:04 PM..
Old 04-14-2018, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am primarily a Stevie fan although I have been around since the Rumours era so was a Fleetwood Mac fan first and I also have Lindsey's solo albums.I stand with Lindsey on this one. If he and La Nicks were in the same room on their death beds they would each be fighting to stay alive so they could get the last word in .This is the way it has been for decades .To fire him now in the twilight of Fleetwood Mac over something so silly is just tacky.

Old 04-14-2018, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The way I look at it, is that it's a good thing for Lindsey. Why should he waste any more of his time with a band that doesn't want to make new music anymore, at least Stevie with him in Fleetwood Mac. Then go on endless tours playing the same songs over and over again. If it's not about money, then Lindsey should be a happy man! Completely free to focus on solo work, or hopefully another venture with Christine.

Lindsey was the glue that held FM together for the last two decades. He deserves a lot of credit for that. The energy and ROCK that he brought to their shows will be hard to top, and sorely lacking on their next tour. Mike Campbell can certainly play a mean guitar, but he is not the showman Lindsey is.

As for FM, it's probably the most viable choice for the band at this point. For whatever reason Lindsey wasn't working in the current mix of things. Stevie will most certainly be happy working with Mike Campbell, someone she has written with in the past and gets along with. The dynamics of the songwriting collaborations have been expanded with the addition of Neil Finn. I can most certainly see Christine working well with him.

I have mixed feelings about all this as I will most certainly miss the chemistry of the Rumours Five. They will always be MY quintessential FM.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
This is what I assumed from the outset. They cannot stand touring with him anymore.
Thank you for confirming the man did absolutely nothing to warrant being expelled!

That’s exact story I’ve been hearing for 2 months and couldn’t believe that’s all. As my kid nicely said, this bunch of people are just senile and cranky, there’s no cause or reasoning for this.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-14-2018, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Really?! I didn't know that part of the story. Still, no reason to fire him.
It’s bs going around the same as “he was not fired he left” kept going around the whole week. That same story further goes that this happened in March. They cut him off at the beginning of February.

The amount of trolling in this thread, and throwing bs against the wall to confuse everyone and see if something sticks is toxic and ridiculous.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 04-14-2018 at 08:18 PM..
Old 04-14-2018, 08:15 PM
sodascouts
This message has been deleted by sodascouts. Reason: duplicate
Old 04-14-2018, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lindsey can't be any worse than he has been in the past... in fact, he's probably better than he was back in the day!

They've dealt with it before and been rewarded handsomely for their pains. What changed?

I feel like there must be more to it than "Lindsey's a jerk."

Old 04-14-2018, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Lindsey can't be any worse than he has been in the past... in fact, he's probably better than he was back in the day!

They've dealt with it before and been rewarded handsomely for their pains. What changed?

I feel like there must be more to it than "Lindsey's a jerk."
There is - Stevie and Mick are even bigger jerks?

And McVies are standing idly buy appeasing the hostile takeover.

Old 04-14-2018, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Weeellll... as a long-time fan who has been around awhile, except for lately (lol), my 2 cents is... I was more than a little concerned over Stevie's recent lack of participation and the subsequent pairing of BuckMcVie. Not one to think negatively, I kept an open mind. Needless to say, this latest news does not surprise me one bit. Although, I was a little late in finding out and surprised I didn't see anything of it in my Facebook News Feed. But then with all the manipulation of FB News Feed as of late, perhaps I should not be surprised I didn't see anything of it there.

I agree - RIP Fleetwood Mac.

So many changes happening in the world the last few years, and not good ones. Add this one to the list. It makes me sad.

But I digress, if this must be, then so be it. And I want to acknowledge Lindsey's enormous contribution to the band, from the beginning. Under-rated, under-appreciated, etc. I met him at an after-show for an autograph on the GIS tour. I love watching him play.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Thank you for confirming the man did absolutely nothing to warrant being expelled!

That’s exact story I’ve been hearing for 2 months and couldn’t believe that’s all. As my kid nicely said, this bunch of people are just senile and cranky, there’s no cause or reasoning for this.
With all due respect, it is not for us to determine whether he warranted being expelled. Clearly the band thought he did. It s over, Elle.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post

I know he was mad at MusiCares. What I've heard was that there was a fight between Stevie & Lindsey because he yelled at Karen (I don't know what she did, if anything) and Stevie exploded about that.
Also ~ during the first day of rehearsal he supposedly said that she couldn't sing anymore and her voice sounded like sh!t. That's when she was like:"That's it".
I heard it from a good friend who heard it from a band assistant so...
I can see SN explosively reacting to LB being rude to Karen. LB also making cutting remarks about her voice too is just asking for trouble, when his has deteriorated also. But definitely not reason to FIRE someone.

These petty type of incidences I have no doubt would have SN running to Mick saying 'him or me?'

SN should know better and rise above it, LB shouldn't goad and pick fights.....all so very childish
Old 04-14-2018, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
That's because people have bought into the misogynistic led group think of this Ledge, this Rumours forum who have bought into the objectification and vilification of Stevie for so long that some of her long time followers have begun to wonder if it might be true. And when someone dares question these narcissistic abusers who spew this crap then they too are marginalized and vilified using those very same tactics (Crazy! Slut! Troll!). There are plenty who feel that way about Stevie's treatment on this board but would rather leave than deal with it. I don't blame them.
Believe me sweetheart I am quite real. Wanna step outside? Can't handle it? Put me on ignore.
I haven't bought into anything and I can make up my own mind. I have been a fan since Rumours and since Day One I have loved Stevie, no matter what. Through thick & thin. If you care to take a look back at my posts you'd see I always loved her. But.... instead of love making you blind, you'd also have to be objective and truth is she has changed big time. I'm not crucifying her, she just changed but for me it wasn't a change for the better. I have no idea what happened but like I said in an earlier post, she changed from a rock 'n roll hippie into a rock 'n roll diva. And for me it all started with the Destiny Rules documentary when she says to Lindsey:"You wouldn't say that to Bob Dylan". I'm sure I've said in the past that I thought it was great she was standing up for herself and she shut him up, "she told him". But in actual fact, she is NO Bob Dylan. When I listen to her songs now, objectively, her songwriting was great from BN to RAL. After that it went downhill for me. What I liked about her songs was that I had to figure out what she was talking about (and I wasn't the only one, Christine was wondering about the same thing) but when Tango came along I didn't need to figure it out anymore because she wrote exactly about what was going on. The same goes for the albums after that.

Than I've heard (and seen) horror stories from fans, die hard fans and she treated them like sh!t. One girl went to London for a SYW show, waited hours outside in the pouring rain. Stevie got into the car and just drove by. That would NOT have happened in my day. Here's an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKEVqTpkugw
She says "I'd have to stop for all of you and I can't". You can actually hear someone say:"You never can".
And there are lots of videos like that on youtube. That to me was a huge disappointment. And my point of view is not based just one video. Here's another one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMWJ7e2u_Ls
"I really can't stop. Sorry". Look at her face, she'd rather be anywhere else than to spend some time with her fans. To me her attitude says:"Don't bother me". And yes, I can see when sometimes it's too much and she'd be like:"I just want to go home". But this is the path she has chosen and there are consequences along that path. One of them being:"Be nice to the people who put you up there".

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-14-2018, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's it! I've had enough of this foolishness! My family and I have been tirelessly saving up money so that we could see ALL of Fleetwood Mac for the last time. Its not FM without Lindsey. Behind the Mask proved that! If they don't get their crap together soon I'm taking the money I've saved for concert tickets and spending it on a trip to the wolf preserve in Florida that I've been wanting to go to. You've got a choice FM: Bring Lindsey back or lose money!
Old 04-14-2018, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
It’s bs going around the same as “he was not fired he left” kept going around the whole week. That same story further goes that this happened in March. They cut him off at the beginning of February.

The amount of trolling in this thread, and throwing bs against the wall to confuse everyone and see if something sticks is toxic and ridiculous.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I thought it was a weird story. Oh btw, I'm not a troll

You got a sweet heart
Old 04-14-2018, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
I can see SN explosively reacting to LB being rude to Karen. LB also making cutting remarks about her voice too is just asking for trouble, when his has deteriorated also. But definitely not reason to FIRE someone.

These petty type of incidences I have no doubt would have SN running to Mick saying 'him or me?'

SN should know better and rise above it, LB shouldn't goad and pick fights.....all so very childish
As I said, I heard that via someone else, I do not know the source. I just thought I'd share because in the past my friend's info was always legit. Seems she's wrong about this.
I'm sorry for spreading fake news...

You got a sweet heart
Old 04-14-2018, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
With all due respect, it is not for us to determine whether he warranted being expelled. Clearly the band thought he did. It s over, Elle.
By the band you mean, Mick and Stevie? Because John and Christine were completely left out.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.