User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-22-2018, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Yes, also Leelee referred to Stevie as "my Queen". Lindsey and his family clearly didn't know what was going on.

If all that love at Musicares wasn't fake, then why was Lindsey fired a couple of days later? What happened with all that "genuine" love that was pouring from Stevie's heart?
I hear ya--It's just BS all the way around. I like to hope it's not as sinister as we are perceiving it. We will probably never know
Old 04-22-2018, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
don't you find it interesting though, that everyone - everyone! - including Christine, Mick and John - praise the experience of working with him. Trent Reznor. Little Big Town. those electronica guys. all sides of the spectrum.
That guy in your sig pic kicked a reporter in the face from the stage. Birds of a feather and all that.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
That guy in your sig pic kicked a reporter in the face from the stage. Birds of a feather and all that.

I can't believe that someone would actually type this comment and what it implies out...
If you want to say that Lindsey did it to himself and deserved to get kicked out of the band, you can do that all you want and talk about the things that most likely led directly to this. You can say he's too demanding, too much of an asshole, too unreasonable, too arrogant, wants the band to work around what he wants, all of that.
But if you want to talk about his personal problems and history with abusive behavior, then that's something that should be talked about on its own and seriously and not referenced in a throwaway line that, like so many of your recent comments, has very, very little to do with what people are actually talking about, which is their frustration with how the band has handled this.

Imagine if I wanted to talk badly about Stevie and instead of saying things like "she's difficult to work with, she's a diva, she's too dependent on her entourage", I just made a bunch of references to cocaine addictions and sleeping around and going nutty on klonopin. Imagine how inappropriate that would be.

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 04-22-2018 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: added point
Old 04-22-2018, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I can't believe that someone would actually type this comment and what it implies out...
she's talking about Josh Homme of QOTSA. the pic i'm using is from NIN/QUOTSA/LB/Dave Grohl performance from the grammys couple of years ago. you can see Josh Homme in the pic. apparently she has enough time to google him and dig out dirt on anything she sees on TL. either that or she's Josh Homme fan so she knows this stuff.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-22-2018, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
If you want to say that Lindsey did it to himself and deserved to get kicked out of the band, you can do that all you want and talk about the things that most likely led directly to this. You can say he's too demanding, too much of an asshole, too unreasonable, too arrogant, wants the band to work around what he wants, all of that.
But if you want to talk about his personal problems and history with abusive behavior, then that's something that should be talked about on its own and seriously and not referenced in a throwaway line that, like so many of your recent comments, has very, very little to do with what people are actually talking about, which is their frustration with how the band has handled this.

Imagine if I wanted to talk badly about Stevie and instead of saying things like "she's difficult to work with, she's a diva, she's too dependent on her entourage", I just made a bunch of references to cocaine addictions and sleeping around and going nutty on klonopin. Imagine how inappropriate that would be.
I don't think any of it's funny despite my snappy patter. In case you missed it, as I've said before I sometimes say things in a certain way to make a point. When people are physically abusive and stop I don't necessarily think they stop being emotionally abusive. I don't know if that's the case here but everyone certainly has their jump to conclusions mat out. I do apologize if I've offended you. I've been the recipient of domestic violence myself including when I was pregnant so my viewpoint may be somewhat skewed. I just wanted to see if she was going to blindly defend Josh Homme too. She's yet to make a cogent argument that Stevie got Lindsey fired.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
She provokes him in front of everybody and instead of ignoring her, he just explodes.
All abusers blame the victim.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
she's talking about Josh Homme of QOTSA. the pic i'm using is from NIN/QUOTSA/LB/Dave Grohl performance from the grammys couple of years ago. you can see Josh Homme in the pic. apparently she has enough time to google him and dig out dirt on anything she sees on TL. either that or she's Josh Homme fan so she knows this stuff.
It was all over the news. You sure do like the women beaters don't you?
Old 04-22-2018, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
It was all over the news. You sure do like the women beaters don't you?
i hope there are moderators left in this place. trolling is one thing but personal attacks like this are way over the top.

i know nothing about Josh Homme. unlike you, apparently. yet i don't accuse you of anything.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-22-2018, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
All abusers blame the victim.
I'm the one blaming your victim, not him.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 04-22-2018 at 09:43 PM..
Old 04-22-2018, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think any of it's funny despite my snappy patter.
no my dear. your patter is not snappy. you are bully.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
no my dear. your patter is not snappy. you are bully.
It takes one to know one.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
i hope there are moderators left in this place. trolling is one thing but personal attacks like this are way over the top.

i know nothing about Josh Homme. unlike you, apparently. yet i don't accuse you of anything.
So you don't like women beaters then? Also you've been calling me a "troll" or trolless on pretty much every thread that I'm on. Trolling would imply that I'm pretending to be someone else and believe me I am quite real. That's not a personal attack?

via GIPHY

Last edited by gldstwmn; 04-22-2018 at 10:04 PM..
Old 04-22-2018, 09:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

Oh my... it's getting rough in here... so don't beat me up about the info I'm sharing - I know it's not complete.
Anyhoo, I found out from a fellow crew buddy that one of the corporate gigs he worked, FM was the entertainment. He said that LB left after NGBA, however the rest of the band kept on... it happened about 3 months ago. It doesn't sound right to me cuz WHO was playing the friggin guitar for the rest of the show? Neil? I'm trying to find out more info but it's hard cuz of the insane hours.
Then —— he said he's booked on a gig with SN in Denver on October (he did not say FM)....
So if this future info is correct - the question is obvious... SN is booking solo corporate gigs while on tour with FM?
And the plot thickens...

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 04-22-2018, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid View Post
Oh my... it's getting rough in here... so don't beat me up about the info I'm sharing - I know it's not complete.
Anyhoo, I found out from a fellow crew buddy that one of the corporate gigs he worked, FM was the entertainment. He said that LB left after NGBA, however the rest of the band kept on... it happened about 3 months ago. It doesn't sound right to me cuz WHO was playing the friggin guitar for the rest of the show? Neil? I'm trying to find out more info but it's hard cuz of the insane hours.
Then —— he said he's booked on a gig with SN in Denver on October (he did not say FM)....
So if this future info is correct - the question is obvious... SN is booking solo corporate gigs while on tour with FM?
And the plot thickens...
Fleetwood Mac played a corporate gig recently? I didn't know that.
But that is interesting. If the band cut him off in February I imagine that the seeds of whatever was going on had already started so I guess it makes sense.

And if that's true about Stevie then it's pretty ridiculous. While we don't know much details, we do know for sure (thanks to Rick Turner's comments) that Lindsey wanting to do some solo dates had a big role in this so that's just unfair if true.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid View Post
And the plot thickens...
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy... between this and the tour dates being announced people are going to lose their minds around here all over again.