User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-14-2018, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
I can see SN explosively reacting to LB being rude to Karen. LB also making cutting remarks about her voice too is just asking for trouble, when his has deteriorated also. But definitely not reason to FIRE someone.

These petty type of incidences I have no doubt would have SN running to Mick saying 'him or me?'

SN should know better and rise above it, LB shouldn't goad and pick fights.....all so very childish
That's all Lindsey's fault. It's unbelievable after 53 years of knowing each other Lindsey still doesn't her game.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
When I listen to her songs now, objectively, her songwriting was great from BN to RAL. After that it went downhill for me.
I'm a HUGE fan of TISL! One of my favorites of hers.

Quote:
Than I've heard (and seen) horror stories from fans, die hard fans and she treated them like sh!t. One girl went to London for a SYW show, waited hours outside in the pouring rain. Stevie got into the car and just drove by. That would NOT have happened in my day. Here's an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKEVqTpkugw
She says "I'd have to stop for all of you and I can't". You can actually hear someone say:"You never can".
And there are lots of videos like that on youtube. That to me was a huge disappointment. And my point of view is not based just one video. Here's another one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMWJ7e2u_Ls
"I really can't stop. Sorry". Look at her face, she'd rather be anywhere else than to spend some time with her fans. To me her attitude says:"Don't bother me". And yes, I can see when sometimes it's too much and she'd be like:"I just want to go home". But this is the path she has chosen and there are consequences along that path. One of them being:"Be nice to the people who put you up there".
Funny, I've had people tell me that have had interactions with her, whether it's backstage or on a plane, that she's not demanding or diva-like at all.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I haven't bought into anything and I can make up my own mind. I have been a fan since Rumours and since Day One I have loved Stevie, no matter what. Through thick & thin. If you care to take a look back at my posts you'd see I always loved her. But.... instead of love making you blind, you'd also have to be objective and truth is she has changed big time. I'm not crucifying her, she just changed but for me it wasn't a change for the better. I have no idea what happened but like I said in an earlier post, she changed from a rock 'n roll hippie into a rock 'n roll diva. And for me it all started with the Destiny Rules documentary when she says to Lindsey:"You wouldn't say that to Bob Dylan". I'm sure I've said in the past that I thought it was great she was standing up for herself and she shut him up, "she told him". But in actual fact, she is NO Bob Dylan. When I listen to her songs now, objectively, her songwriting was great from BN to RAL. After that it went downhill for me. What I liked about her songs was that I had to figure out what she was talking about (and I wasn't the only one, Christine was wondering about the same thing) but when Tango came along I didn't need to figure it out anymore because she wrote exactly about what was going on. The same goes for the albums after that.

Than I've heard (and seen) horror stories from fans, die hard fans and she treated them like sh!t. One girl went to London for a SYW show, waited hours outside in the pouring rain. Stevie got into the car and just drove by. That would NOT have happened in my day. Here's an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKEVqTpkugw
She says "I'd have to stop for all of you and I can't". You can actually hear someone say:"You never can".
And there are lots of videos like that on youtube. That to me was a huge disappointment. And my point of view is not based just one video. Here's another one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMWJ7e2u_Ls
"I really can't stop. Sorry". Look at her face, she'd rather be anywhere else than to spend some time with her fans. To me her attitude says:"Don't bother me". And yes, I can see when sometimes it's too much and she'd be like:"I just want to go home". But this is the path she has chosen and there are consequences along that path. One of them being:"Be nice to the people who put you up there".
There are tons of pics of Lindsey with fans of his fb groups.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-14-2018, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I'm a HUGE fan of TISL! One of my favorites of hers.

Funny, I've had people tell me that have had interactions with her, whether it's backstage or on a plane, that she's not demanding or diva-like at all.
TISL has some good some good songs like TISL and FFG but that's about it for me.

That could very well be. I'm just going by what I've experienced myself in the early days (up until the early 90's) where she really wanted to be with her fans and interact with them.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-14-2018, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
There are tons of pics of Lindsey with fans of his fb groups.
I know. Mine is one of them

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-14-2018, 10:41 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Thank you for confirming the man did absolutely nothing to warrant being expelled!
To play devil's advocate, perhaps being an a**hole that no one wanted to be around anymore does warrant being expelled? I mean, I have to work with people I don't like...but these are a bunch of 70-something millionaires who have the luxury of saying "Nope, not gonna do it anymore." (In saying that, I'm not trying to imply that Lindsey's is the only difficult personality in the band. I don't know that any are easy to get along with, but it's pretty obvious that within the context of "the five", he was the outsider more often than not).

Admittedly the hardcore level of my fandom has ebbed and flowed over the years, so I'm able to look at this with a level of detached amusement that I wouldn't have had 15 years ago. That said, I keep coming back to the board now to see if we've been given any further actual, verified information beyond "so-and-so says" and "I heard..."; from what I can make out, we don't know anything more from legitimate media outlets about what went on and led to the current situation today than we did on Monday when everything hit the fan. It seems like there is a a lot of speculation being taken as gospel when we really don't know. Perhaps I've missed something?

Regardless, I don't think any of the five owe me anything other than to show up and play for a couple hours if I buy tickets to their show. It looks like they're going to do that with Lindsey this go-round, so it is what it is.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:07 PM

Quote:
I know. Mine is one of them
I can't quote all your posts. But, I generally agree with everything you've posted in this thread. My sources have told me virtually the same thing. And I have a few. I love Stevie's solo work. After OSOTM the writing lost it's sparkle. The magic that took your heart strings was gone. She tries to be a version of herself instead of just being herself. Sure there's great tunes afterward. I love Illume and a few others.

She's become the kind of person I never thought she would become. She and Christine are such polar opposites in class and elegance. A friend of mine, (who isn't into FM, but into rock and roll) said, "Stevie Nicks is the Rosanne Barr of music." The trajectory of attitude and class have diminished. Her fame is based on people's love of the fantasies she's built over the years. Me included.

I don't fault her for not signing everyone an autograph. It's sad that people do wait in the rain and don't get to talk to her. But, she simply can't do it.

However, it brings a story to mind: I sat next to Judith Light on a trip to LAX from JFK. I got to chat with her for 6 hrs. She said to me, "Part of my job is to touch and talk with as many fans as I can. I enjoy it. And it reminds me that my art is nothing without them" I was shocked when she said that to me. I personally would hate to be famous. I mean look at the folks here on The Ledge.
Some of them are plum crazy. Imagine what it's like out there.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I haven't bought into anything and I can make up my own mind. I have been a fan since Rumours and since Day One I have loved Stevie, no matter what. Through thick & thin. If you care to take a look back at my posts you'd see I always loved her. But.... instead of love making you blind, you'd also have to be objective and truth is she has changed big time. I'm not crucifying her, she just changed but for me it wasn't a change for the better. I have no idea what happened but like I said in an earlier post, she changed from a rock 'n roll hippie into a rock 'n roll diva. And for me it all started with the Destiny Rules documentary when she says to Lindsey:"You wouldn't say that to Bob Dylan". I'm sure I've said in the past that I thought it was great she was standing up for herself and she shut him up, "she told him". But in actual fact, she is NO Bob Dylan. When I listen to her songs now, objectively, her songwriting was great from BN to RAL. After that it went downhill for me. What I liked about her songs was that I had to figure out what she was talking about (and I wasn't the only one, Christine was wondering about the same thing) but when Tango came along I didn't need to figure it out anymore because she wrote exactly about what was going on. The same goes for the albums after that.

Her line that she can't sign autographs predates those videos by decades .I went to a Tom Petty concert at the San Diego Sports Arena in 1985 a few months before the release of Rock a Little where Stevie was a guest performer and when she was getting on a bus after the show a fan asked her for an autograph and she turned and said "If i give you one I have to do it for everyone"

Old 04-15-2018, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As I said, I heard that via someone else, I do not know the source. I just thought I'd share because in the past my friend's info was always legit. Seems she's wrong about this.
I'm sorry for spreading fake news...
I never questioned your source, this is very believable to me and I was supporting your comments.....
Old 04-15-2018, 02:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I thought it was a weird story. Oh btw, I'm not a troll ;)
you know i would never say that to you.

your posts are extremely constructive.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-15-2018, 02:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There's probably going to be a lot of different stories and claims going around in the following weeks about this. To me (and I know I've said this before) I think it's not that much more complicated than a business/scheduling conflict that just went south. There was undoubtably a lot of shadiness and more than one person being stubborn and difficult, it ended up like this and it just shouldn't have happened.

Honestly, what band member has put more hard work into the band than Lindsey? I don't doubt he could make things hell, especially back in the day, but really, he did SO much for the band, whether he liked it or not. He doesn't deserve this.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As I said, I heard that via someone else, I do not know the source. I just thought I'd share because in the past my friend's info was always legit. Seems she's wrong about this.
I'm sorry for spreading fake news...
i never heard it, but can't say for sure. i know they cut him off in February and were immediately after getting MC, but also that there was supposedly a minuscule possibility or hope they may reconcile.

maybe he tried to visit them while they were doing tryouts with the newly added guys? idk. it would be a really awkward dynamic, i would think. so if he tried to join and make peace, and Stevie said something like "get outta here you a**hole, you're not with this band anymore" i can see him pulling "when she goes low, i can go lower" kinda thing.

disclaimer on the last paragraph: pure speculation, haven't heard anything like that actually happen.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-15-2018, 02:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i never heard it, but can't say for sure. i know they cut him off in February and were immediately after getting MC, but also that there was supposedly a minuscule possibility or hope they may reconcile.
Wow really? That's awful
I'm so surprised to hear that. I just don't understand any of this.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post
To play devil's advocate, perhaps being an a**hole that no one wanted to be around anymore does warrant being expelled? I mean, I have to work with people I don't like...but these are a bunch of 70-something millionaires who have the luxury of saying "Nope, not gonna do it anymore." (In saying that, I'm not trying to imply that Lindsey's is the only difficult personality in the band. I don't know that any are easy to get along with, but it's pretty obvious that within the context of "the five", he was the outsider more often than not).
i don't know where is that obvious. Christine was raving last year how much she loves working with him, and always did, and that the only member of FM where he has tensions is Stevie.

John and Lindsey were always staying same places when on FM tour, and watching DR doc, you'd think that whatever initial disagreements they had back in 1975 are long gone and forgotten.

Mick always praises Lindsey.... or he did, until he fired him . all recent tours, at all m&gs Mick had when fans would press him to single out Stevie, he would instead always single out Lindsey as the bands driving force, musical director, etc.

so from everything we know, it's pretty obvious that within the context of "the five",the only person who has a problem with Lindsey in FM is his ex.

Old 04-15-2018, 06:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As infuriated as I am with this band right now, here's something to ponder:
How many bands, if a member was fired, would generate this kind of publicity? I think the number is less than one hand, more like one or two fingers....seriously....that implies a band of import.

All the negative blowback is well deserved, IMO this is the worst thing they've ever done. EVER. I'm still waiting for Lindsey's take but the words from the band themselves IMO showed a total disregard for the feelings of their fans and not that they owe them anything, they can do as they like...but for me, as a longtime fan, I don't really like musical chairs and I believe some are just irreplaceable, Lindsey Buckingham being example no. 1.

RIP Fleetwood Mac.