The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-22-2018, 02:47 AM
Senior Ledgie

Can't wait for the interview & coming to the Ledge to read about your takes on it.
I hope we get at least a little impression of what went down.
I mostly have been on the Stevie side of the Mac, but having played the guitar for many years, I must say Lindsey holds a special part of my heart as well. I feel like my parents got divorced and I don't know which side I shall support.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by missundercover View Post
Can't wait for the interview & coming to the Ledge to read about your takes on it.
I hope we get at least a little impression of what went down.
I mostly have been on the Stevie side of the Mac, but having played the guitar for many years, I must say Lindsey holds a special part of my heart as well. I feel like my parents got divorced and I don't know which side I shall support.
I say... support them both, if you're so inclined. Doesn't have to be exclusive.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I read a post on Micks Instagram saying people were going to make their voices heard to CBS. Does anyone know whether some sort of demonstration is going to take place during this forthcoming morning show?

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-22-2018, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I read a post on Micks Instagram saying people were going to make their voices heard to CBS. Does anyone know whether some sort of demonstration is going to take place during this forthcoming morning show?
i doubt it. like people here say, it sounds like a pre-recorded interview.

but i've seen a lot of social media clamoring and telling CBS to ask hard questions.

#notgonnahappen

PS i've also heard about Heartbreakers fans wearing shirts to demonstrate what they see as a Mike Campbell sellout and backstabbing action, to both Tom's memory and to LB, yesterday at the benefit where Heartbreakers members were a house band. there were also people going around with those flyers that seem to be popping up around LA and particularly Mick and Lindsey's neighborhoods.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-22-2018, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i doubt it. like people here say, it sounds like a pre-recorded interview.

but i've seen a lot of social media clamoring and telling CBS to ask hard questions.

#notgonnahappen

PS i've also heard about Heartbreakers fans wearing shirts to demonstrate what they see as a Mike Campbell sellout and backstabbing action, to both Tom's memory and to LB, yesterday at the benefit where Heartbreakers members were a house band. there were also people going around with those flyers that seem to be popping up around LA and particularly Mick and Lindsey's neighborhoods.

Flyers? Not heard about that.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-22-2018, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Flyers? Not heard about that.

there was another one i can't find right now saying something like "Mick Fleetwood is an a$$hole".

there were showing up in different colors, popping up all over social media.

different theories on who went to trouble to make these, and whether it's just a single person, a group of people, or multiple unrelated people, like with #istandwithlindsey shirts. there were some twisted theories about plotting in some secret SN groups how this would somehow make LB look bad, or much less convoluted general theories of enraged FM fans making them.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 04-22-2018 at 03:44 PM..
Old 04-22-2018, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

He says he found it in Brentwood. Does Lindsey still live there? I wonder what he would think if he saw it.

Old 04-22-2018, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

there was another one i can't find right now saying something like "Mick Fleetwood is an a$$hole".

there were showing up in different colors, popping up all over social media.

different theories on who went to trouble to make these, and whether it's just a single person, a group of people, or multiple unrelated people, like with #istandwithlindsey shirts. there were some twisted theories about plotting in some secret SN groups how this would somehow make LB look bad, or much less convoluted general theories of enraged FM fans making them.
OMFG, I need a T-shirt made of this!
Old 04-22-2018, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it's tacky that anyone would bring Tom Petty into this. He's dead. Mike Campbell has a right to play guitar and continue to make a living. I really don't think Tom Petty would care that Mike joined Fleetwood Mac, in fact I suspect he would have a higher level of consciousness and realize that when it comes to life and death, this here is pretty petty stuff. No pun intended.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
PS i've also heard about Heartbreakers fans wearing shirts to demonstrate what they see as a Mike Campbell sellout and backstabbing action, to both Tom's memory and to LB, yesterday at the benefit where Heartbreakers members were a house band.
You have got to be kidding me. How rude. Mike Campbell is just the last person who should ever be accused of selling out of anything. His best friend of 50 years dies suddenly so Mike decides he wants to go back to work again which is good for grief. One of the great unwashed accuses him of being a backstabber and sellout? What a piece of sh*t...
Old 04-22-2018, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
You have got to be kidding me. How rude. Mike Campbell is just the last person who should ever be accused of selling out of anything. His best friend of 50 years dies suddenly so Mike decides he wants to go back to work again which is good for grief. One of the great unwashed accuses him of being a backstabber and sellout? What a piece of sh*t...
so now you are picking up a fight not just with FM fans but with Heartbreakers' fans too? maybe their facebook groups would be a better place to do it.... somehow i doubt they'll see your helpful thoughts here.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
so now you are picking up a fight not just with FM fans but with Heartbreakers' fans too? maybe their facebook groups would be a better place to do it.... somehow i doubt they'll see your helpful thoughts here.
You brought it up. I responded.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Like what, a flash mob in Times Square? It's NBC with the street level studio not CBS. If they play the Today Show then the five of you can go and make some signs or something.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 04-22-2018 at 07:59 PM..
Old 04-23-2018, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Like what, a flash mob in Times Square? It's NBC with the street level studio not CBS. If they play the Today Show then the five of you can go and make some signs or something.

Hey, you really don't need to be rude. I asked a question related to something I'd read. I don't even live in your country so I have no idea about any of these these TV programmes.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-23-2018, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hey, you really don't need to be rude. I asked a question related to something I'd read. I don't even live in your country so I have no idea about any of these these TV programmes.
I wouldn't worry about it, if I were you. Rude people come and go.