User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Maybe she thought the album sucked but was too polite, quiet and modest to say so.

Michele
Even after more than 40 years in the industry I still can't trust Stevie's musical knowledge.
Politeness, quietness and modesty don't suit her.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Please no, not This is 40. That's harsh. I rate it around the same place as Sad Angel and Miss Fantasy. I actually like the song and can't stop singing it. I am disappointed with Lindsey's vocal effect though, especially on the chorus.

Michele
I can't stop singing it too. I go to sleep singing it. That's how excited I am. One song doesn't have to set the tone of the whole album.

I'm laughing at Lindsey's vocal effects. Que sera, sera.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:38 PM

Quote:
The rest of the songs on the album are reminiscent of Trouble. So, don't worry.

Michele
40 more minutes of oh Ah oh
Old 04-14-2017, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was trying not to set my expectations too high here. But wow. It's not a very good song, IMO. And the supposed "Album cover" photo is horrific.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
I was trying not to set my expectations too high here. But wow. It's not a very good song, IMO. And the supposed "Album cover" photo is horrific.
I was furious that Stevie was ruining the chance for one last great Fleetwood Mac album with the five but now it is starting to seem that she knew something that we didn't.

Old 04-14-2017, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanJT View Post
I'm curious, Michele, why you think the rest of the album sounds like 'Trouble'? Thanks for any insight!
because i can't stand Trouble. she's giving me hard time. inside joke.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-14-2017, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was furious that Stevie was ruining the chance for one last great Fleetwood Mac album with the five but now it is starting to seem that she knew something that we didn't.
Took the words straight out of my mouth.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Trying to make you laugh whilst tying in a timely Star Wars reference (The Last Jedi trailer dropped today).

I wouldn't worry too much. For what it's worth, when I listened to 24 Karat Gold the very first time I wasn't crazy about it at all. Then after a few listens I loved it like I never thought I could. Maybe that'll happen with you with this.

Jamie
<3

Quote:
Peacekeeper was better than What's the World Coming To, but that's all I can say about it. If you do take prisoners, it might be good for waterboarding, though.

Michele
oh come on! Peacekeeper is sooooo much better than this! especially the fast solo version.
Quote:
Please no, not This is 40. That's harsh. I rate it around the same place as Sad Angel and Miss Fantasy. I actually like the song and can't stop singing it. I am disappointed with Lindsey's vocal effect though, especially on the chorus.

Michele
this is 40 songs are ok, just half finished. this is just boring and blah. and - blasphemy! Sad Angel and Miss Fantasy are so gorgeous compared to this. so LB recorded 8 songs with Mick and John in 2012. this is the 4th we heard now, and by far the worst. let's hope the other 4 are more like the first 3. and let's hope that 5 he worked on with Christine, while poppy, are still interesting and not like this one.

but you are right - while i might not enjoy this live if they do it, i'm still incredibly excited to see the 2 of them live together and hear whatever songs they decide to play, as long as it clocks on about 2 hrs +. i'll complain once i see the setlist, i'm sure!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-14-2017, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
Took the words straight out of my mouth.
hahaha. guess you guys don't have much trust in Stevie's abilities to make any songs better or add something to it.

Old 04-14-2017, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
hahaha. guess you guys don't have much trust in Stevie's abilities to make any songs better or add something to it.
It's not that. I just hoped this would have been better. It's really boring.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I don't know why people keep alluding to Stevie declining due to music quality. That's almost certainly not one of the reasons she declined. Music is subjective and Lindsey and Christine seem fine with the song, they put it on their album after all and allowed it to be the first single. I doubt Stevie would have objected.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 04-14-2017 at 11:56 PM..
Old 04-14-2017, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
She added nothing to Lindsey's SYW songs.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
come on people, i'm in mourning. what if the whole album is like this? not happy!
I'm with ya, sistah.........

It sounds like what it is..... a leftover. A song you can understand why it might not have made it onto whatever album it was in contention for. It doesn't make you think "WOW! Where have you been hiding THIS song all this time??"

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 04-15-2017 at 12:05 AM..
Old 04-15-2017, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
She added nothing to Lindsey's SYW songs.
well he produced them
Old 04-15-2017, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I don't know why people keep alluding to Stevie declining due to music quality. That's almost certainly not one of the reasons she declined. Music is subjective and Lindsey and Christine seem fine with the song, they put it on their album after all and allowed it to be the first single. I doubt Stevie would have objected.
Chris .Lindsey and Mick have been discussing the music on this album like it is the second coming of Rumours leading people to believe that every song on the album must be a masterpiece or close to it .The single is not terrible but seems like a middling Lindsey solo single. The song and the album cover suggest a kind of can't be bothered thrown together project .Even the much maligned on this forum 24GK album seemed to have more thought put into it ..but I guess we'll soon see.