User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-01-2018, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Well in this situation, practically everyone's argument is roughly equivalent to:
"Lindsey's a big jerk! That's why he got kicked out! He deserved it!"
Well then let's just say Lindsey is a big ole jerk, mean and nasty 24/7, ego the size of Russia and lets that be known every minute of every day. Even then, his work and what he's done for the band over the years is remarkable, and it is undeniable that he HAS been the musical leader of the band and the whole rest of the band AND those very same 'fans' have clearly appreciated the work he's always done.
So even in that situation, regardless of what you think about him as a person, the fact that he was axed so suddenly, in the twilight of their careers, over some basic conflict, after everything he's done, after having JUST finished making and touring what was essentially a Fleetwood Mac album (an experience that everyone involved seemed to love), is wrong.
I don't think Lindsey did something wrong and therefore deserved to be kicked out. I think the band just felt they couldn't go any further, for whatever reason, whether it was a disagreement over when to tour or whether they wanted to tour while Lindsey was also doing his solo gig. I do think if it could have been worked out, it would have been, because all of them would have made big money. They couldn't come to an agreement, so they fired Lindsey. I certainly don't think he deserved it, and he's not a jerk anymore than any of them. I mean, I don't know any of them, they all could be jerks, but I don't think so.

I guess what I'm saying is, I don't think most people here think Lindsey is a jerk and deserved to be fired, because that suggests be did something wrong or bad, when more likely it was a disagreement that led to his firing.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I don't think Lindsey did something wrong and therefore deserved to be kicked out. I think the band just felt they couldn't go any further, for whatever reason, whether it was a disagreement over when to tour or whether they wanted to tour while Lindsey was also doing his solo gig. I do think if it could have been worked out, it would have been, because all of them would have made big money. They couldn't come to an agreement, so they fired Lindsey. I certainly don't think he deserved it, and he's not a jerk anymore than any of them. I mean, I don't know any of them, they all could be jerks, but I don't think so.

I guess what I'm saying is, I don't think most people here think Lindsey is a jerk and deserved to be fired, because that suggests be did something wrong or bad, when more likely it was a disagreement that led to his firing.
I mostly agree with you!
But there are a lot of people, including the person on the previous page, who are insinuating Lindsey was let go because he's such a jerk and the band suddenly got fed up of his jerkiness, which I think is a silly argument to make.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think his skill at producing hit records gave him a lot of sway -- back when they were still making/selling lots of records. Given that Stevie won't make records with them, that reduced his clout on that front. Maybe she realized this, who knows? If she suddenly wants to record again, as she's hinted, that would be perhaps a clue.
Old 05-01-2018, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie's checkmate move?

this is what someone shared with me as an example of some of the typical posts in SN groups - i thought i'd put it up for discussion here, since there's a lot to unpack:

There were a lot of people who hated it when Christine and Lindsey along with the rest of the Mac put out an album that didn’t include Stevie. She didn’t want it and they did. This time around he didn’t want to tour and they did. I’d say Stevie pulled a checkmate move at the end of the day.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-01-2018, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She's in, he's out, the fans suffer.

Call it a "checkmate move" if you like, there doesn't seem to be much to unpack...
Old 05-01-2018, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 05-01-2018, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
She's in, he's out, the fans suffer.

Call it a "checkmate move" if you like, there doesn't seem to be much to unpack...
that statement by a Stevie worshiper says it plain and simple: getting Lindsey fired was Stevie’s revenge because of Buckingham McVie.

which is what various Stevie worshiping fans have been disputing in every. single. thread. on here. but they say it in SN groups.

but i agree, there's not much to unpack to that statement, and probably just a bit more than that in this whole situation.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-01-2018, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Nailed it. Mi¢k couldn't care less as long as there's a check, mate.

Old 05-01-2018, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Well first of all, Lindsey did not insist on delaying the tour or give any ultimatums.
And if Lindsey's got such an awful, egomaniacal attitude, then why is it that just one year ago, he and Christine made an album together, with Mick and John playing, and him producing and just about everybody involved had nothing but great things to say about the entire experience?
He and Christine also went out on tour for it and also had a fantastic time. Christine has always been quite honest hasn't she? And she had glowing things to say about it all and about working with Lindsey.
and here is a really nice tweet from Wilderado, band that opened for BuckVie the second leg of their tour -

@WILDERADO

last trip we were on was with friggin lindsey buckingham. we’d roll into these massive venues, eat a catered lunch, sound check, eat a catered dinner, then lay around in expensive green rooms until it was time to wander out to thousands of people and launch into ocean + sea

you know, because LB is such an a**hole to everyone.

Old 05-01-2018, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Where to say it?

A million threads, which one to pick.
So I'll just say it here.

I don't know how anyone that calls
themselves a Fleetwood Mac fan can
go and see them on this upcoming tour.

They're are not the Green, Buckingham
Nicks version of the band. Not even the
very much inferior band that put out BTM
and Time.

Just a bunch of rich old wrinkled up has-beens.
And with those ticket prices I figure they must
be charging by the wrinkle.
Old 05-01-2018, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

friggin Lindsey Buckingham. Damn friggin right!! Excellent tweet
Old 05-01-2018, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Old 05-01-2018, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
A million threads, which one to pick.
So I'll just say it here.

I don't know how anyone that calls
themselves a Fleetwood Mac fan can
go and see them on this upcoming tour.

They're are not the Green, Buckingham
Nicks version of the band. Not even the
very much inferior band that put out BTM
and Time.

Just a bunch of rich old wrinkled up has-beens.
And with those ticket prices I figure they must
be charging by the wrinkle.
"Meet and greet" my a$$, more like "Meet and reek". So shameless.

Mi¢k thought Peter Green was absolutely nuts for refusing royalty money but, whatever his mental state, Peter had more integrity in his little finger than any of these oldies tour has-beens.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
that statement by a Stevie worshiper says it plain and simple: getting Lindsey fired was Stevie’s revenge because of Buckingham McVie.

which is what various Stevie worshiping fans have been disputing in every. single. thread. on here. but they say it in SN groups.

but i agree, there's not much to unpack to that statement, and probably just a bit more than that in this whole situation.
Yeah, that's totally ridiculous. First of all, that doesn't make sense- they gave Stevie every opportunity to be on the album, and she refused to participate, so what's to get revenge for?

Second, of course a SN forum is going to have SN worshippers, just like a LB forum is going to have LB worshippers. The Ledge, I think, appeals to folks who love the band as a whole. I'm sure a LB group is going to have posts claiming Stevie and Mick have been scheming to get Lindsey out of FM for years.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
If you don't like the new lineup, don't go. Don't turn up with intent of ruining or sabotaging it for other audience members who want to go there and enjoy the experience. Talking about concert protests is stupid, with how security conscious they are nowadays - major concerts now being a target of terrorist attacks.

What is age level of people here? I would've thought more maturity with how long this group has been around. I consider myself neutral on the issue but am almost feeling ashamed of being FM fan with this sort of behaviour.

They tried to continue on the road, but they don't work together well in studio anymore. That's just how it is. Can't always get what you want. I guess you'll be happy though if they all walk off the stage and event spoiled for everyone else.

For years Lindsey has been acting as if he is leader of this band, and they were nothing before he came along. Could be the other long term members got sick of that and want to also cover the band's earlier history on these final tours. Not just the first few years of Stevie and Lindsey, ignoring all the others.

He's never cared about the roles of others in this band. Yes he is a great guitarist, probably the best I'll ever see live. But his attitude is a concern. He is no 'victim', I'm sure if he was more willing to compromise and negotiate something could've been worked out with him. Why should they put up with his self-important, controlling attitude for the rest of their years?
Oh, don't worry, we're not going. More seats for you, I guess.

Hmm, I don't see how neutral your post can be if you have been bashing him all the time. Since when Lindsey has been acting of the leader of the band? May I remind you who was in the cover of Rolling Stones during the last tour?

Stevie never cared about pre-1975 FM songs. She used to walk off stage every time Lindsey played 'Oh,Well' during the 2009 tour.

He never cared about the roles of others? That's why he worked on Stevie and Christine's songs on every album?

Stevie wanted him out. She didn't want to tour with him anymore. He was willing to negotiate until the very last minute but the decision was already made. But hey, if you want to believe all the lies Mick and Stevie said on CBS, fine by me.

Self-important, controlling attitude? I think you're talking about Stevie.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.