Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Who on Tour.....

Any fellow WHO fans here? Has anyone seen the Who on tour before? My husband just flew me to LA to see them for my birthday, Nov.7-10. It was a surprise! The trip my husband planned that is, not the show. The show was amazing! I saw them from the fourth row center. They still have it. I was really impressed. I was just wondering if anyone had seen them on this tour or any tour, and what they thought.

LONG LIVE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 11-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77 View Post
Any fellow WHO fans here? Has anyone seen the Who on tour before? My husband just flew me to LA to see them for my birthday, Nov.7-10. It was a surprise! The trip my husband planned that is, not the show. The show was amazing! I saw them from the fourth row center. They still have it. I was really impressed. I was just wondering if anyone had seen them on this tour or any tour, and what they thought.

LONG LIVE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love the Who (I haven't stopped listening to Quadrophenia for a few days straight now), but I haven't seen them on tour. I don't think that I could see them now, without John Entwistle. Great to hear that they are still rocking, what songs did they play?
Old 11-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoS View Post
I love the Who (I haven't stopped listening to Quadrophenia for a few days straight now), but I haven't seen them on tour. I don't think that I could see them now, without John Entwistle. Great to hear that they are still rocking, what songs did they play?
I wanted to see them on their last tour (the one that John passed away on), but due to circumstances beyond my control, I didn't make it. I was really upset I didn't get to see them with John, but it was still amazing to just see Roger and Pete. I just wished that I would have been old enough to see them all together....Roger, Pete, John, and Keith! Man, that would have been something to see!

Here is the set list for the night I saw them. I saw them on November 9. The second night they were in LA.

Can't Explain
The Seeker
Relay
Fragments
Who Are You
Behind Blue Eyes
Real Good Looking Boy
Sister Disco
Baba O'Riley
Getting In Tune
Eminence Front
Love Reign O'er Me
Won't Get Fooled Again
My Generation
Naked Eye

Pinball Wizard
Amazing Journey
Sparks
See Me/Feel Me
Tea And Theatre

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin

Last edited by golddustwoman77; 11-21-2008 at 09:55 AM..
Old 11-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Saw them at Madison Square Garden in the early/mid 90's. It was a great show just cant remember the year!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

saw them on their european tour last year. The funny thing was my best friend who i also warmed up for fleetwood mac (and has become a fan cause of me) tried to turn me on to the who sound for a few years already before i became a fan, but there is something that has to click and i can't force it and yes when i became a csi miami fan and found out the origianl csi tune was also theirs aswell as pinbaal wizard i browsed some albums (i was working in a record store at the time so i had access to the material in stock) and by the time they came to holland last year "who's Next"was one of my favorite albums and i had browsed up in history so i knew who (pun intended) they were now and before with Keith and John
so me and my best friend saw them together so everything came full circle ;-)
Old 11-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I never saw The Who but in 1982 they were on tour & it was the biggest tour of the year. Their numbers all outdid Fleetwood Mac's numbers for their tour that year. Never having been a Who fan, I remember how consistently disappointed I was that year, always hearing about The Who & never hearing about Fleetwood Mac (once the US Festival was over).

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-21-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I never saw The Who but in 1982 they were on tour & it was the biggest tour of the year. Their numbers all outdid Fleetwood Mac's numbers for their tour that year. Never having been a Who fan, I remember how consistently disappointed I was that year, always hearing about The Who & never hearing about Fleetwood Mac (once the US Festival was over).
Actually that used to make me mad too...

My uncle went to see Phil Collins once and sat next to John Enwhistle... weird huh...
Old 11-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

I would LOVE to see the Who! I have seen just about every band I am a fan of in concert, and The Who are one of those rare exceptions. John Entwistle was amazing, I was fortunate to see him perform with a Beatles Tribute show the year he passed away. Keith Moon was just a madman on the drums, and he (along w/John) were critical to the band. They are irreplaceable. Still, you can't be a Who fan w/o being a Pete Townshend fan. He is a bloody genius! I would settle seeing Pete solo if I had to. Love Roger's voice, but all the great words & music come from Pete's head. Sure, his head is a little twisted, but most geniuses are weird in some way, right?