Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:53 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Plastic surgery

I was reading that interview w/Stevie...

When she got them, in 1976, to enhance her 5ft 1in figure, there was of course no hint that silicone could be toxic. She is convinced they precipitated her long bout with Epstein-Barr Syndrome (aka chronic fatigue syndrome), which set in in 1987 and culminated in major surgery two years ago to remove the implants. "The operation to take them out is horrible," Nicks says. "They were totally broken inside me. All that silicone was all through me, poisoning me. When they were put in they were clear little silicone bags. When they take them out, they're black and green and yellow. I've got them in a freezer in Phoenix to remind me."

Yikes! Seriously, I think people, even up to this day, dont realize how bad putting some chemical substance into your body can be. Have you seen that Korean woman? (alhough that's a different story, at some point she's been injecting cooking oil into her face.) Has anyone here had plastic surgery?
Old 11-17-2008, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

La Nicks later refuted that she has them in her freezer.

I have never had any plastic surgery.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 11-17-2008, 03:42 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
I was reading that interview w/Stevie...

When she got them, in 1976, to enhance her 5ft 1in figure, there was of course no hint that silicone could be toxic. She is convinced they precipitated her long bout with Epstein-Barr Syndrome (aka chronic fatigue syndrome), which set in in 1987 and culminated in major surgery two years ago to remove the implants. "The operation to take them out is horrible," Nicks says. "They were totally broken inside me. All that silicone was all through me, poisoning me. When they were put in they were clear little silicone bags. When they take them out, they're black and green and yellow. I've got them in a freezer in Phoenix to remind me."

Yikes! Seriously, I think people, even up to this day, dont realize how bad putting some chemical substance into your body can be. Have you seen that Korean woman? (alhough that's a different story, at some point she's been injecting cooking oil into her face.) Has anyone here had plastic surgery?
I cant imagine going THAT far with my body.

Then again, I am covered in tattoos. Which, some self designated pyscho (babble) analyst told me was merely an extension for the dislike I have of my own body. Uh yeah. I'm sure it is. Most of us dislike our bodies in SOME way. Thanks for telling me something I already knew, Mr. Fortune Teller.

ANYWAY...I would never go as far as plastic surgery. Although I've seen some shows on TV where people get lifts and tucks, and nips here and there...and it's perfectly understandable WHY they would do it.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
La Nicks later refuted that she has them in her freezer.
isn't there any law to stop the over-creative interviewers?
Old 11-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
isn't there any law to stop the over-creative interviewers?
I think that article writers out to be subject to a bitch slap for every fact they neglect to check. Same for political ads. I thought they were over, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO -- Georgia has a fukcing run off for the Senate seat. They air the BS every 20 minutes

Old 11-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

Yes, I remember reading the article about how she has them in her freezer as a reminder to the dangers of plastic surgery and how she felt the silcone leakage caused the epstien virus and nearly killed her. Stevie had also stated in that interview something to the effect of being 5'1" and felt like she was competiting with the 5'8' 95 pound models at the time. ( now we all find that crazy ---cause Stevie is one of the most beautiful people of all time) but that's how SHE felt about it.

The breast augumenatation has come a long way since back then. I do not doubt one bit , they leaked and got into her bloodstream and created a severe illness.

On a little off the beat here---Epstein Barr Virus has still yet to be identified of its origin but has a relation to chronic fatigue in which both are still a mystery. (Cher has bouted with Chronic Fatigue). Thousands of people suffer without a remedy except for "it's in your head" ............
Old 11-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
DJ: Stevie we have a National Enquirer story here regarding your boobs.

Stevie: Oh, this is the ah freezer story, huh.

DJ: Yea, it says here Stevie Nicks had her breast implants removed and now keeps them in her freezer.

Stevie: No, the real freezer story is I did that interview where that came from in London.

DJ: Yea

Stevie: Well I don't keep them in my freezer but my doctor who took them out keeps them in his freezer.

DJ: Ohh

Stevie: And yes they keep them there in case I want to sue because they were broken and very gnarly. And so they keep them, you know, but I don't personally have them. But and the reason, you know I mean I'm getting a lot of flack about that, and I don't care because I really feel so strongly about that whole situation that I hope people read that and get scared before they go and have implants put in. So that's all I have to say about that.

DJ: Well you certainly scared me from getting them. Stevie, thank you very much for your time and we'll see you in June at Great Woods.

Stevie: OK

DJ: Bye bye

Stevie: Bye bye

DJ: Stevie Nicks everybody. Nice.
http://www.nicksfix.com/interv5.htm

Old 11-17-2008, 09:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Good interview.

I am going to look for more that Stevie spoke about this. I dont remember this particular article. I remember there being far more to Stevie implying these implants being proven to have leaked silcone and the sickness that followed.

If anyone can find it quicker than I, please post. Thanks
Old 11-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember that too.

I often wonder if she, like Loretta Lynn, has saline ones put in after the silicone ones were removed. Loretta Lynn said she just hated being flat chested

Old 11-17-2008, 10:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

Well,Stevies weight gain has filled in her chest area naturally.

My curioustiy goes with her beautiful face now. Hard to believe a 60 year old woman is wrinkle less and can smile without a crows foot.
Had I the money she does, I'd surgerate my entire body, it's just a curiosity that makes me bring this up
Old 11-17-2008, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseGarden View Post

My curioustiy goes with her beautiful face now. Hard to believe a 60 year old woman is wrinkle less and can smile without a crows foot.
Had I the money she does, I'd surgerate my entire body, it's just a curiosity that makes me bring this up
I think she wears a ton of pancake make up on stage, which causes her to look years younger. Granted, she has aged well, but I think she uses a few tricks of light when filmed to sustain the illusion. I do not blame her one bit. I'd do it too.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:19 PM
Registered

Quote:
On a little off the beat here---Epstein Barr Virus has still yet to be identified of its origin but has a relation to chronic fatigue in which both are still a mystery.
I think its been pretty well established that its a clearly defined virus in the herpes family, and one of the most common at that (up there with Chicken Pox). Its when its chronic that it becomes a noticeable, ongoing, daunting problem. It has nothing to do with Stevie's former breast implants.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Ok, so I held on to the belief that Stevie had NOT had plastic surgery until I watched Lindsey's and Stevie's Soundstages back to back. In Lindsey's Soundstage (recorded 2005, right?) Stevie was starting to get really droopy in the corner of her eyes. If you look at her in her own Soundstage (recorded late 2007), Stevie magically has very tight, upturned eyes... like she had back in the late 1970s. But not unnaturally so. At the very minimum the woman has had an eye lift. It's really not that big of a procedure... my boyfriend's Mom had one earlier this year, it was an outpatient procedure, and she healed almost instantly. Takes years off your face without the complications and recovery time of a facelift, and without the Joan Rivers stretched taffy look either lol. My 'mother in law' had her eyelift done as a medical thing... her upper lids were drooping to the point that it impaired her field of vision. I could absolutely see Stevie saying the same thing "my droopy eyes make my Stand Back twirls DANGEROUS!" lol. Plus, eye lifts are about the least invasive plastic surgery out there... I think she finally relented and had it done .
Old 11-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie may need a little work on her thighs.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Stevie may need a little work on her thighs.
Oh, but she's already had that done! Just look on the back of your Live In Boston/Soundstage DVD. Does airbrushing half your thigh away count?