Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Edge of Glory - Lady GaGa

Old 05-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm a bit confused about this -

At first I thought "Judas is not doing well as a single, so another one was picked."

Then I thought "No, it's just a money grab - the album is two months away and we're on the third single already?" But this isn't the case, since any purchase of this single (on iTunes) counts as a credit towards the album purchase price.

So I came full circle, and decided I'm not the only one who thinks Judas is out of place on the radio, and another single was needed.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 05-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
So I came full circle, and decided I'm not the only one who thinks Judas is out of place on the radio, and another single was needed.
I agree with this. I think they were like "Oh ****. This song is not hitting like all her others." They got worried and released one more friendly.

.....and another comes out next week. 4 songs prior to the release? WTF?
Old 05-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Really? I hear Judas on the radio all the time, and think it's really popular, at least in my school
Old 05-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Another cute techn0-pop ditty same sh*t, different day. She is destroying any hope I had for this album, track by track. Lady Gaga= single most promising, yet frustrating artist ever

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 05-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't like it as much as "Born This Way" or "Judas" but it's fun. It's just not that unique, which is a problem I've been having with all of the songs on this album so far. I think I have really high expectations for Gaga's uniqueness and so far, she's not living up to them.

Also, there is a Clarence Clemons sax solo in this song, so it gets automatic points for that, with a few taken away for the fact that it's a bit overproduced to the point where it takes away from the awesomeness of having Clarence Clemons wail on your song to begin with.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's better than the first two, and I have no idea why it wasn't the lead single. I've seen a lot of other people on other websites have the same opinion, too. Either way, I love it.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
I'm a bit confused about this -

At first I thought "Judas is not doing well as a single, so another one was picked."

Then I thought "No, it's just a money grab - the album is two months away and we're on the third single already?" But this isn't the case, since any purchase of this single (on iTunes) counts as a credit towards the album purchase price.

Her album actually comes out in 2 weeks... Judas peaked at #10 on the Hot 100... It may climb beyond that now that there is a video... but the first single stayed at no.1 for like 5 weeks so in comparison, Judas didn't do very well. That's likely the reason for the issue of another single so quickly.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristochango View Post
Really? I hear Judas on the radio all the time, and think it's really popular, at least in my school
I'm with Chris - Judas is eating up the airways & people's iPods around here anyway!.....excluding the catholics etc.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's only a promo single, and if you buy it on itunes, the cost of the single is deducted from the cost of the album; which is pretty funky, really.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
It's only a promo single, and if you buy it on itunes, the cost of the single is deducted from the cost of the album; which is pretty funky, really.
I think that is the case with any singles from albums that are yet to be released on iTunes. Good plan too, because at this point, I've already spent $4 on Gaga's album that still ain't out yet, I'm not gonna want to spend those $4 again to get three of the same songs!
Old 05-11-2011, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The song "Hair" will also be released prior to the album release. It's a retail strategy ("iTunes countdown singles") that has worked quite well for Taylor Swift and Black Eyed Peas.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't like this, and I only slightly like Born this Way because of what they did on Glee.

At least Judas has an awesome back beat for part of the song, although I think most of it is garbage. I will NOT be buying what she's selling this time around.

Maybe I just don't get it.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i like this song better than judas or born this way but it still doesnt grab me like any of the songs on the fame or the fame monster. i loved every single song on both of those cd's.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

'Judas' has been gaining more airplay in the past week I believe. I don't think the record company is panicking. GaGa just wants to get her material out to the public so she's teasing us with "Edge" and then we get "Hair" next week. I've thoroughly enjoyed these songs and the direction she's heading with this record.