Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Any Young & Restless fans here?

I have been watching Y& R for 30 years. this weeks segment has brought back many older characters. Would anyone like to care on comments on seeing 'Nina", Brock, or others?

I was glad to see these actors seem to be healthy and doing well. As for the plot lines well, hey---that's Holleywood!!! I just liked to see some characters come back for the one eposidode that was for Cahtherines funeral---which we all know is false as that was her "twin" that died.

Curious if anyone else is a fan of this sopa opera? Oh---for the record I LOVE Don DIAMOND--the handsome man that plays Brad. He makes me sweat!!!! ha ha

Anyone care to share? would love to hear your input!

Last edited by RoseGarden; 11-19-2008 at 07:57 AM..
Old 11-19-2008, 06:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

i watched this soap for like 20 yrs, i haven't caught an episode in ages, but afterwhat you mentioned, i will have to give a watch again!!!~ is catherine chancellor still on?~
Old 11-19-2008, 08:02 AM
Senior Ledgie

Catherine Chancellor is STILL on !!!! ( This last epsiode was about her"car accidet"---it's her look alike that really died;
Victor Newman is still on----wow , industructable!
and ocasionaly, John Abbot Sr makes an appearance.

If you get the chance check it out---they had Dina (John Abbots ex wife), Nina, Jill Foster Abbots mother, and Tracy on. Actors we haven't seen in years but have contributed over time. Kind of neat
Old 11-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseGarden View Post
Catherine Chancellor is STILL on !!!! ( This last epsiode was about her"car accidet"---it's her look alike that really died;
Victor Newman is still on----wow , industructable!
and ocasionaly, John Abbot Sr makes an appearance.

If you get the chance check it out---they had Dina (John Abbots ex wife), Nina, Jill Foster Abbots mother, and Tracy on. Actors we haven't seen in years but have contributed over time. Kind of neat
holy crap, i remember tracy & all of them, i will have to watch~ i can't believe catherine is still on, she was old on the show when i was little & i am 40 now~
Old 11-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I've watched that soap forever, although As The World Turns is my favorite, been watching that since I was in fourth grade (because my Mom watched it). ATWT has gone downhill though since Craig Montgomery is no longer a character on it; loved Scott Bryce as Craig (and Hunt Block as Craig as well). Back to YnTR, I love Peter Bergman as Jack. He's my absolute fave on there.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

it is kind of cool to remember all these characters. I was about 10 while watching Catherine Chancellor as a mean drunk (and she really was drunk on the set)---boy she scared me!!!
I can remember Snapper and Michael Hasslehoff on there.---yeah, I am in my 40's!

The way the script is written today is to bring in a younger crowd----which bores me to tears! But what ever they are doing works as there is a loyal fan base from all these years.
I had just recently learned the woman who plays Jill Abbot is actually a crazy rock n roller that hung out with mackenzies phillips father during his drug days!

Oh, and if some didn't know, Jack and Victor have actually had real fist fights behind the set. This must be one heck of a place to be a fly on the wall!!

well, my time to watch it comes on at 7 pm est, so if there is much more juice , I will be sure to let everyone know!
Old 11-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I record it every day and watch most of it when I go home for lunch. Our receptionist watches too - I crack her up w/ my Victor Newman impression. I've been watching for 20+ years.

Yeah, the twin and ghost storylines have been so played out over the years. And of course Catherine has a case of soap opera amnesia!

I agree, Don Diamond is a hottie. Although in desperate need of eye concealer...that's wild about Jill's "real life." Brock's a terrible actor, I hope he's gone soon. Cool to see Nina again. Daniel played a drug dealer on the new 90210 recently. I think he's adorable, but I don't like him with Amber. I really hate Chloe. I really love Cain.

I met the guy who played Ryan, right before the Nashville FM show in 2003. "Ryan" had moved to Nashville to start a music career - he was looking forward to seeing the Mac. He was a doll!
Old 11-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseGarden View Post
I have been watching Y& R for 30 years. this weeks segment has brought back many older characters. Would anyone like to care on comments on seeing 'Nina", Brock, or others?

I was glad to see these actors seem to be healthy and doing well. As for the plot lines well, hey---that's Holleywood!!! I just liked to see some characters come back for the one eposidode that was for Cahtherines funeral---which we all know is false as that was her "twin" that died.

Curious if anyone else is a fan of this sopa opera? Oh---for the record I LOVE Don DIAMOND--the handsome man that plays Brad. He makes me sweat!!!! ha ha

Anyone care to share? would love to hear your input!
[QUOTE=Livia;784929]I record it every day and watch most of it when I go home for lunch. Our receptionist watches too - I crack her up w/ my Victor Newman impression. I've been watching for 20+ years.

Yeah, the twin and ghost storylines have been so played out over the years. And of course Catherine has a case of soap opera amnesia!

I agree, Don Diamond is a hottie. Although in desperate need of eye concealer...that's wild about Jill's "real life." Brock's a terrible actor, I hope he's gone soon. Cool to see Nina again. Daniel played a drug dealer on the new 90210 recently. I think he's adorable, but I don't like him with Amber. I really hate Chloe. I really love Cain.

I met the guy who played Ryan, right before the Nashville FM show in 2003. "Ryan" had moved to Nashville to start a music career - he was looking forward to seeing the Mac. He was a doll![/QUOTE

I would love to hear your Victor imitations!! Thats funny. Cain is HOT!! But I feel in love with Brad the first time they showed him with his shirt off doing the Abbot lawn
I agree so much much with what you've said. I forgot about Ryan--he was a doll too! The guy that plays Michael Baldwin has always taken such good care of himself--I remember him form ASWT and he was buff then too! This is fun chat!

Last edited by RoseGarden; 11-19-2008 at 07:16 PM.. Reason: trying to make my signature picture come through
Old 11-20-2008, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have been watching Young and the Restless since I was a kid.....25 years. I love the show. They usually have story lines that are a little more realistic. That is why I like the show. This latest story line is a little far fetched for the Young and the Restless...IMO. Anyway, it was nice to see all the old faces at Catherine's funeral....some were people I had forgotten about like the women who played Jill's mother and Catherine's maid.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of the show as well.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 11-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I used to watch as a kid with my mother and then off and on in college. I probably haven't watched in at least five years, although I read up every now and then on what's happening. I don't recognize several of the characters.

I did love Nina and the actress who portrayed her. I liked Tricia too, and the original Nick/Sharon/Matt/Amy storyline. I really enjoyed watching this when I was younger. Remember when Michael Damien (Danny) had his hit with "Rock On" and they used to intersperse the song in many of the episodes when he was with Cricket?
Old 11-21-2008, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

HA! Rock On! That was dreadful - like most of his music.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

^^Yeah, I didn't care for that particular song either. I even hated it more when he and Lauren sang togehter. Though I like both actors.
If anyone has missed this weeks episodes, Esther has inherited 1/2 the Chancellor Mansion. (although Mrs C isn't really dead). Now Chloe will treat her mother like gold because she has money---

I don't know what it is about Y&R that has kept me watching for decades but the writers do come up with some good things and for the most parts some AWESOME actors. I used to be mad that "Victoria" went to another station but got over it.

I am trying to think of some of their most interesting guest stars. Lionel Ritchie played one song for Jill. That Eveance girl was the restless style cover for the magazine. .....anyways I hope you guys are having as much fun as I chatting about this fictional show.

Last edited by RoseGarden; 11-21-2008 at 06:03 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 11-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tara Lipinski, the figure skater, was on one summer. She played "Marnie" I think. Once they showed a "daydream" sequence in which she skated.

Wasn't Jesse Ventura on there too?
Old 11-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

^^^Yes your right---forgot that too.

Pat Benetar was a guest to help a singer out , but I can't remember which actor she was giving advice to! I think it was one of Neils freinds she was advising. A year or so back. I thought Pat looked HOT! These guest only do about 2 minutes if that but it is so cool to have them on!

Has anyone heard the new young black girl sing , it's Damons real sister. She sings beautifully!!

I've tried subscribing to the Y&R fan club and there is a problem with getting through the system. Kind of peeves me but it should be worked out. Glad to have Y&R fans on here to share these trivial things.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry

I was a fan of Days of our lives for long time and now I can't stand to watch it anymore. The storylines are awful and the fact that the cast changes as much as the weather is ridiculous. I wonder if the writers and the actors even stop to wonder why for a long time now the show has never recieved a major nomination at the Daytime Emmy Awards in any of the major catagories. The las time I think was 97 when Eileen Davidson was nomminated for Best Actress and lost to Susan Flannery from the Bold and The Beautiful.

Matt