The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Rap music stars appear on CD that advocate killing gays & their families

I'm not surprised that Eminem, Kid Rock, Ice Cube and Dr. Dre appear on a new CD with lyrics that advocate killing gay men, lesbians and their kids.

The CD in question is from Detroit rapper Trick Trick. It's actually titled "The Villain" (Koch Records, the same label that releases The Wiggles, Sesame Street, & Barbie.) Koch is distributed by Epic Records in the U.S.

The CD was released this week. The CD's second track, "Trick Trick" (yes, he named his big introductory song after himself) is particularly vile.

"He goes both ways, Either way he’s gay /Ain’t no other way to say / He’s a f*cking faggot so I’m lettin’ off my AK / Bust ’em in his forehead, He ain’t worth lettin’ live / A man and man shouldn’t raise another man’s kids!" which blurs into called Ellen DeGeneres and Rosie O'Donnell "dyke bitches" and promises to send a ’scud missile right through their ****ing cruise ship.’ (Rosie O'Donnell hosts an annual Family Cruise vacation that was documented on an HBO special. The cruise welcomes all families.)

Trick backed up his CD's lyrics during a recent interview to promote the CD.

Trick Trick: "I’ma go on the record right now with this. Homosexuals are probably not gonna like this album. Faggots hate me and I don’t give a ****. I don’t want your faggot money any goddam way. I don’t like it. Carry that **** somewhere else. It’s just that every time that you turn on the TV, that sissy **** is on. And they act like it’s ****ing okay. The world is changing for the worst when **** like that happen. And I address that issue. I address it hard as hell."

Albums are not recorded in a vacuum. This guy's homophobia is so pronounced that I'd find it hard to believe that Kid Rock, Eminem, Ice Cube, Lil John, Dr. Dre and the others who appear on this CD would be unaware. Eminem produced three tracks; Dr. Dre produced a track. They either agree with his positions, or they don't care. Either way, it makes them just as bad. They chose to work with this guy and Koch Records chose to produce and distribute it.

http://www.edgeboston.com/index.php?...&sc3=&id=83269

Last edited by GoldDustOrphan; 11-12-2008 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 11-13-2008, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, when money and greed is most peoples god, everything goes.
I find the whole rap music industry disgusting anyways.
SHAME on the artists and the record companies that promote this crap and hatred towards ANY group of people. We all have our own beliefs and morals, but this is just wrong.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think I'm going to throw up. This is horrible. Yet we have free speech in this country. Best to do is just spread awareness of this kind of hatred and fear, and try to educate people and stear them from ignorance.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This kind of crap is terrible, I hate rap. The only current music I listen to is John Legend, but anyway...... The only thing we can do is NOT buy it.....
Old 11-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Well, most of "rap" is trash. Don't know why you're just noticing this now.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why does everyone have unfounded fear/resentment to people who are different? (Why can't people understand that when the swear every third word they only sound stupid?) If this was a white guy saying this about blacks, this rapper would call that guy all sorts of names, but just because you can't see any difference, it must be okay. I hate this. I love that America was founded with all this freedom and stuff, but we were founded primarily on, not freedom, but equality (Ya know, that crazy idea that says that everyone is the same). That is why the first people came here. And when our founding fathers weren't treated equally they broke away. So many people nowadays just like to remember the freedom part.

(Has anyone seen the youtube video of the crazy religous woman going into a heated rage about how she and those like her are "prophets" that are trying to save Americans before God destroys America? The whole time she is holding "God Hates Obama" and "God Hates Biden" signs. That was the first time this week that I considered opposing the 1rst amendment.)
Old 11-13-2008, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Even though I find this "Person's" opinions repulsive, I would rather know right up front that someone hates me than have them be 2 faced about it.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The best thing to do is not to buy the piece of $!#t CD! Thugs don't like a lack of benjamins in the pocket...so hit them there!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchen View Post
The best thing to do is not to buy the piece of $!#t CD! Thugs don't like a lack of benjamins in the pocket...so hit them there!!!
i agree..... 100%
Old 11-16-2008, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hip Hop music is a genre hated by a lot of people who prefer rock-n-roll. I'm not one of them. I take lyrics tongue in cheek. Not literally. Yes Rick those lines are offensive but it wouldn't make me not listen to the song if I liked the music. All those artists mentioned refer to women as bit&*%s and ho's. Do you think that is what they call their mothers and sisters? Believe you me these guys really rank on women big time but still admire them just the same. And us gay guys know that any man who protests too much about hating on gays are usually gay themselves. Eminem already ranked on gays in a song but then appeared with Elton John on stage to show the world he doesn't hate gays. I'm sorry though if anyone is offended by these lyrics. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it though.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry, I can't get myself any more upset or disgusted with the rap industry. Artists of that genre have rapped for years about killing cops and taking advantage of or objectifying women.

Matt