The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-04-2019, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A year later and I don't think I've ever seen somebody nearly miss his cue for the entire solo and then fumble through it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Rl5zlRQsw

I don't mean to be hard on the guy but....yiiiikkkeesss

Clearly Lindsey is easily replaceable. Everything is fine LOL.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
A year later and I don't think I've ever seen somebody nearly miss his cue for the entire solo and then fumble through it.

If Steve were here he could be kind enough to post that clip of a certain former member starting the wrong song at the promotional appearance on one of the morning shows a few years ago. Clearly musicians can make the occasional mistake. Not sure why this was worth mentioning on multiple threads.

Last edited by Feather Blade; 02-05-2019 at 07:36 AM..
Old 02-05-2019, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

He's actually done this several times and I always figured it would work out as the tour progresses, but apparently not. How many shows have they done so far? Yet it still sounds like an unrehearsed mess.

There's a huge difference between an 8am flub on a morning show BEFORE a tour has even started and butchering the parts and missing the cue throughout an entire tour.

I love the heartbreakers and Mike's playing which is why the sloppiness has been even more of a shock. He does well with the blues numbers, but not when it comes to those signature buckingham parts.

Last edited by BigAl84; 02-05-2019 at 08:19 AM..
Old 02-05-2019, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He's actually done this several times and I always figured it would work out as the tour progresses, but apparently not. How many shows have they done so far? Yet it still sounds like an unrehearsed mess.

There's a huge difference between an 8am flub on a morning show BEFORE a tour has even started and butchering the parts and missing the cue throughout an entire tour.

I love the heartbreaker and Mike's playing which is why the sloppiness has been even more of a shock.
To be fair, playing these songs is still fairly new to him.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Let the justification continue...the video speaks for itself at the end of the day.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Let the justification continue...the video speaks for itself at the end of the day.
Justification? You mean like you excusing Lindsey's mistake for it being early in the morning? Mine is no worse than yours. Mike makes mistakes, Lindsey makes mistakes, you make them, I know for sure I do. It doesn't seem worth mentioning it in multiple threads. Have a good day Al.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe you didn't understand my post, I'll say it again:

Hope you have a great day too!
Old 02-05-2019, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Let me be clear. I'm not trying to pick on the guy for a one time flub. The sloppy playing and missed cues is not a rare occasion on this tour. I'm also bringing this up, not just because Mike isn't Lindsey and Lindsey is gone. That's really not my point.

I just don't understand why he cant solidify what it is he's going to play and come in on the mark.

Here's a tribute band that nails the solo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLydlS6fHFg

Last edited by BigAl84; 02-05-2019 at 04:46 PM..
Old 02-06-2019, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Yeah, I heard the Fleetwood Mac version of Edge of Seventeen, and the genius couldn’t hold a candle to Waddy. They all have different strengths as guitarists. Vito is still the best player, in terms of technique and versatility, they ever had. Not the most original…
Agreed, Vito is brilliant.
Disagreed, Waddy cannot produce near as well as Lindsey.

But Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham co-producing Without You had AMAZING results.

Old 02-06-2019, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Watched the video. Not nearly as bad as I was expecting based off of your comments.

Old 02-06-2019, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That sounds like a very bad Karaoke version of Gypsy and the solo is the least of it's problems. What the hell is Stevie doing to that song here? And why is it so slow and why does it sound so distorted? While I KNEW that I would see a clip of Gypsy when I klicked on the link, I basically recognized the song based on the lyrics. Vaguely.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Neil Finn just gave an interview on BBC Radio and he said that band members are emailing him short musical ideas and he's organizing them and starting to write songs out of some of these ideas.
Just listened to the interview, and the only one sending him bits of music is Mick.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-07-2019, 12:44 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

I love the heartbreakers and Mike's playing which is why the sloppiness has been even more of a shock. He does well with the blues numbers, but not when it comes to those signature buckingham parts.
To be fair, it's a wonder that he can even stay awake during that dull mess. It's a ponderous, sludgy, god-awful version of the song. Failure to maintain even a cursory interest is totally understandable.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
That sounds like a very bad Karaoke version of Gypsy and the solo is the least of it's problems. What the hell is Stevie doing to that song here? And why is it so slow and why does it sound so distorted? While I KNEW that I would see a clip of Gypsy when I klicked on the link, I basically recognized the song based on the lyrics. Vaguely.
Brutal is the best way to describe it. Gypsy has so rarely ever worked on stage. I have some fondness for the raw ramshackle versions from the Mirage Tour and I do appreciate the back to basics version from 1997 (when she could still hit the high notes). This is peak brutal for Gypsy, however. I know it's 2019 and not 1982 or even 1997, but, yikes. Mike seems bored, that stupid piano thing he plays is ridiculous looking, and his solo is a complete embarrassment. Stevie isn't hitting any of the right notes (and what on Earth is with the continued use of the god awful "yasayheyyyyybehbayyyyyyy" with the dorky wave?), and it seems painfully slow.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL...I wonder how much of Stevie's vocals Christine has mixed into her earpiece.....-5?