User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-07-2014, 02:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Tacoma Dome 11/21 - bad sound

I'm thinking about going to the Tacoma show
but wondered if anyone knows if the sound/acoustics have improved?
I know for years it was always known as an arena with dreadful sound quality.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Location: By the beautiful 3 rivers in southeast Washington State

I wouldn't waste big money to go to the Tacoma Dome unless you have floor seats in the front sections. I went to the show there last year and in 2009 and unless you were up front the sound is pretty muddy. But, I think that's typical of a big arena. I'm not sure how much better the sound is in Portland, but at least the Rose Garden doesn't feel like it's going to come down on you.
I don't know how much help this is, but thought I'd at least comment. Good luck!
Old 11-08-2014, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks. That's what I figured.
I know Arena sound can be tricky; but the Dome might be
the worst. I wish there was a better option for Seattle.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

November 21, 2014 at 10:55 AM, The Seattle Times, by Gene Stout

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/soundp...oncert-review/

Fleetwood Mac at Tacoma Dome with Christine McVie like a ‘family reunion’ | Concert review

With the return of singer-pianist Christine McVie after a 16-year absence, a re-energized Fleetwood Mac wowed a near-capacity crowd with a powerful, sometimes explosive concert Thursday, Nov. 20, at the Tacoma Dome.

See more photos of Fleetwood Mac.

“Our songbird has returned,” drummer Mick Fleetwood proclaimed gleefully in a nearly three-hour show packed with such classic songs as “Dreams,” “Second Hand News,” “Sisters of the Moon,” “Rhiannon,” “Gold Dust” and “Go Your Own Way.”

Indeed, McVie’s spotlight performance of “Songbird,” with accompaniment by guitarist Lindsey Buckingham, was the soaring finale in a triumphant show celebrating her return. Despite her many years off the road, McVie, 71, sounded as though she had never left.

She was clearly an inspiration to her fellow bandmates, who treated the show like a family reunion. The crowd cheered as she sang, “This feeling follows me wherever I go,” from “You Make Loving Fun,” bringing back memories of the band’s heyday for an audience dominated by exuberant baby boomers.

“Welcome back, Chris,” said singer Stevie Nicks, who joined McVie on songs they had not sung together in more than a decade.

Rounding out the veteran rock band were longtime bassist John McVie, as well as three background singers and an additional guitarist and keyboardist.

The show featured dreamy, sometimes eye-popping videos and neon-colored lighting. Musically, there were many special moments.

Buckingham reprised his vigorous, guitar-driven song, “Big Love,” explaining that its focus had changed over the years to reflect his changing view of the world and greater maturity. The ominous-sounding “Tusk” featured Christine McVie on accordion, though her playing was somewhat lost in the mix of instruments.

Explaining that “Landslide” was one of her father’s favorite songs, Nicks dedicated the haunting tune to several women in the audience and dedicated “Gypsy” to young people who choose to believe in themselves and follow a dream.

During “World Turning,” the opening song of a first encore, Fleetwood offered an explosive drum solo.

Before leaving the stage, Fleetwood delivered an impassioned message to fans, thanking them for years of support, urging them to take care of one another and promising many more shows to come.

“The Mac is definitely back,” he bellowed.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seattle Times, pictures

http://seattletimes.com/html/picture...acomadome.html
Old 11-21-2014, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was at Mick's book signing today and he actually commented that "they've done something to make the sound better" in the Tacoma Dome…or at least he thought so.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:30 AM
Senior Ledgie

Location: By the beautiful 3 rivers in southeast Washington State

I thought it sounded pretty decent, but the place never looks like they do anything to it, including cleaning the floor!
I'm not going to complain though. I had great seats and it was a fantastic show. I was surprised there weren't more youtube posts because I never saw security shut one person down with a camera. There was a guy behind me with a full on dslr going to town.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

by Greg Roth, Seattle Music Insider
http://seattlemusicinsider.com/2014/...t-dome-photos/

Photos by John Lill

It was interesting that Mick Fleetwood waited until the completion of Fleetwood Mac’s brilliant, Tacoma Dome performance to proclaim, “The Mac was back!” It was as if Fleetwood was spiking a metaphorical football in the end zone after scoring a game winning touch down. He let the legendary group’s music and highly energized performance do the talking first.

Longtime fans know that the band was formed in 1967 by Peter Green and the group’s lone original member Mick Fleetwood, later to be joined by then husband and wife, John and Christine McVie. But it wasn’t until when the singer and songwriting duo of Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks joined that group that Fleetwood Mac went from just the critics darlings, to critic darlings and mega-hit makers.

The house lights went down and the subtle sound of Mick Fleetwood’s chimes came up through the speakers and the band launched into the haunting and romantic angst ridden “The Chain.” Juxtaposed by the band’s second number “You Make Loving Fun” sung by their prodigal sister, Christine McVie, who rejoined the group as a full time member for the first time in 16 plus years, the endless stream of hits just kept on coming one after another and continued over the course of the next couple hours.

Fleetwood Mac was in vintage form. Stevie Nicks one of a kind vocal delivery coupled with Buckingham’s heart felt free-fingered guitar styling, brought greater energy and intensity to the bands overall sound. Of course McVie and Fleetwood, (who may be one of rock’s best rhythm sections next to the likes of Cream’s Ginger Baker / Jack Bruce and Led Zeppelins’ John Bonham / John Paul Jones), provided a solid foundation for the band who was also backed by an additional guitarist, keyboardist, percussionist and 3 piece vocal section.

Stevie Nicks, donning her trademark black flowing dress, effortlessly glided effortlessly across the stage with her charming and bewitching style while performing the classic “Rhiannon” and “Gold Dust Woman.” Buckingham poured every ounce of his soul into each solo from his custom made, Turner Model 1 guitar like a man possessed on songs like “I Know I’m Not Wrong,” “Big Love” and “Go Your Own Way.”

One of the shows highlights was a rousing version of the title track from Fleetwood Mac’s eclectic follow up to Rumors, Tusk. Fleetwood’s tribal style drumming was on full display while vintage video and sound footage of the USC Marching Band horns blasted in the background as the song reached its powerful crescendo.

The Tacoma crowd was treated to a sample platter of hits throughout the set with pop-rock gems like, “Gypsy” from Mirage and “Little Lies,” and “Seven Wonders” from the 1987 release, Tango In The Night, but Fleetwood Mac favored selections from their self-titled 1975 release and Rumors (The complete setlist is below).

Fleetwood Mac is an outfit whose history is notorious and synonymous with the 70’s, the era in which they became a Rock n’ Roll Juggernaut. The behind the scenes soap opera of love triangles and drug use are stuff of legend but behind the music never overshadowed the music itself. Fleetwood Mac has always been about well written songs, strong arrangements, finely crafted records and impeccable chops.

The group has always been the type of band where the whole is greater than the sum of their parts and that is saying a lot because individually, each member has created incredible music of their own as solo artists. However, it is the classic lineup of Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and incomparable Stevie Nicks that created a solid body of work that has transcended decades and generations and will continue to do so in the future.

When McVie was out of the fold an integral piece was missing it was felt. Seeing and hearing Christine McVie on stage with her mates after a multi-year hiatus really made things complete. Her presence brought a special sentimentality and pop to a fantastic concert which took longtime Mac fans on a romantic journey down musical memory lane.

Fleetwood Mac’s “On With The Show Tour” was not just a nostalgia trip. “The Mac” were not just content to just deliver a greatest hits package to placate long-time or newer fans that have not seen them perform the classics. Moreover, this was not a band was trying to prove itself as much as they were simply celebrating (in a powerful way) their 40+ year body of work they created together and the wars they went through collectively and individually. It was fun to see the playful interaction between Buckingham, Nicks and McVie on stage their almost childlike joy was infectious.

With McVie back in the fold for a full-fledged tour all the pieces were finally in place and the band relished every note, every chorus and every ovation from an animated and adoring audience.

After performing “Go Your Own Way” at the end of the set, Fleetwood Mac came back out to give the Tacoma crowd a helping of more hits like “World Turning,” the Bill and Hillary Clinton inauguration theme song “Don’t Stop” and the exquisite “Silver Springs” The band exited the stage, save McVie – who sat behind her piano and ended the night with a lovely and beautiful rendition of “Songbird” …A perfect musical end to a brilliant performance and triumphant return from one of the best groups in rock and pop history.

After the last song the band’s founding father and heartbeat, Mick Fleetwood came back out to center stage to graciously thank the fans for years of support, inviting them to “take care of each other.”

“The Mac” was back indeed…
Old 11-25-2014, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sarah Toce Huffington Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sarah-...=Entertainment

MUSIC: Fleetwood Mac Reunites the Full Band After 16 Years

Posted: 11/25/2014 12:14 pm EST Updated: 2 hours ago

Rock legends Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, Christine McVie, John McVie, and Mick Fleetwood are jamming together as if no time has passed during their 2014-2015 world tour. Their recent stop in Tacoma, Washington proved one thing: they're still on the map as one of rock's greatest bands.

Nicks had an unusually intimate moment with the nearly sold-out crowd before belting out one of her most recognizable tunes. The 66-year-old shared that prior to her 40-year career with Fleetwood Mac she dreamed of going into the rock n' roll clothing paradise known as the Velvet Underground and purchasing her "rock n'roll clothes." When Fleetwood Mac took off, she returned to the place she loved.

"So I'm back, to the velvet underground...back to the floor that I love. To a room with some lace and paper flowers," Nicks playfully recalled. Then she sped off into the song as only she could.

Buckingham's over-the-top performance of "Big Love" was a bit dramatic in parts, but impressive nonetheless. No picks? No problem. Buckingham tore the guitar to shreds with his bare hands.

One song noticeably lacking on the set list was "Sara," but the energy level during the entire two-plus hours more than made up for it. "Tusk," "Landslide," "Dreams," and "Silver Springs" were major highlights.

Sixteen years after her last tour stop with the band, Christine was celebrated in front of thousands as Nicks put the spotlight on her self-professed Buckingham "buffer."

The reason for Christine's abrupt departure from music?

"I had a fear of flying," Christine said in a recent TODAY show interview. "I hadn't flown for 15 years."
When she returned, however, all was well.

"I was so warmly and affectionately received back into the band like the prodigal daughter or something," Christine said in an interview with Yahoo! Music.

Fleetwood Mac continues on their world tour into 2015. Check for remaining tour dates here.