User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-16-2004, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Welcome to the Room...Whitney

Singer Houston Enters Drug Rehab Facility
2 hours, 3 minutes ago Add Entertainment - AP to My Yahoo!

LOS ANGELES - Grammy-winning pop singer Whitney Houston (news) has entered a drug rehabilitation facility, her publicist said.

Houston "thanks everyone for their support and prayers," publicist Nancy Seltzer said in a statement Monday. She declined to offer any further details.

Houston, 40, admitted in a December 2002 television that she had abused drugs in the past, but told interviewer Diane Sawyer on ABC's "Primetime" that she had gotten beyond that time through prayer.

Houston's husband, R&B singer Bobby Brown (news), was sentenced to 60 days in jail in late February for violating probation. One of the violations included a December misdemeanor battery charge for allegedly striking Houston, leaving her with a bruised cheek and a cut inside her lip.

In January 2000, Houston left behind a bag at Keahole Kona International Airport in Hawaii that allegedly held less than half an ounce of marijuana and three partially smoked marijuana cigarettes.

In 2001, a petty misdemeanor drug charge relating to the incident was dismissed against Houston after a drug counselor filed an assessment with prosecutors stating that Houston did not require treatment for substance abuse.

Brown and Houston have been married since 1992 and have a 10-year-old daughter, Bobbi Kristina.

- Jake
Old 03-16-2004, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Whitney was using drugs, you say? Why, i'm flabbergasted! Crack is whack, Whit. Crack. Is. Whack.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Well...

'Bout time.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Long overdue. Wish her well.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
Whitney was using drugs, you say? Why, i'm flabbergasted! Crack is whack, Whit. Crack. Is. Whack.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm glad. I hope she is able to kick it. She certainly has been on the decline for the last several years. Such a shame -- she's beautiful and has so much talent.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I can't count myself as a fan, but it's undeniable that the woman is amazingly talented.

It would be a damn shame for that talent to be lost, so I hope she's able to conquer her demons once and for all.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

i wish whitney great health, wealth, joy, and satisfaction, as long as i won't have to listen to any of her masterpieces ever again

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2004, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
It would be a damn shame for that talent to be lost, so I hope she's able to conquer her demons once and for all.
Her demon:

Bobby Brown

The sooner she gets rid of that psycho, the sooner she'll recover.

He's from the same psychotic pea pod as Mike Tyson...Whitney should take a lesson from Robin Givens.

Last edited by chiliD; 03-16-2004 at 05:36 PM..
Old 03-16-2004, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't think you're far from wrong, chili.
It seems that all of Whitney's troubles began when she married him.

And as recently as December, he was charged with battery, for hitting her.

She needs to leave him, and get a fresh start on life. I think she still has a lot of talent left untapped.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Whitney is whack. She needs to stop dreaming about her hot, sweaty monkey love with Bobby and start thinking about her own damn self. The King of R&B, my ass.

The fact is that she lost her voice years ago and her career is shot. The nightclubs will come a-calling in a year or so.

Old 03-17-2004, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope she is well intentioned and this is not a publicity stunt or that she is just doing this because someone made her, etc. This type of thing only works if the individual is serious about it. In the very recent past, WH celarly was not serious about it. Hopefully, she is this time. I really like her earlier music and her earlier personage.

As for her voice - I think that although she is older and will never have the voice of her youth, she can get her older voice back by staying off of drugs and being disciplined in her lessons because I think enough of her voice is still there as evidenced by her good appearance on Boston Public last year. Whether she does that remains to be seen.

As for her career - people love a comeback kid. The only thing with her is she has to lose the "I a black finger snapping, finger waving, in your face , head bobbing , ya know what I'm sayin,' umm hmmmm, Diva honey " attitude and appear contrite. Otherwise, I think no one will buy her newfound self, etc. I mean look at how bitchy she acted in that Diane Sawyer interview. People were horrified and that really hurt her. Then there was that radio interview in NYC where she was so wasted she did not make sense. Then she hauled off to of all places the Holy Land and was cracked out of her head and had to be hand guided around while babbling incoherent rubbish. Hopefully, she is not like that sober. Otherwise - goodbye career.

Finally, I live in Atlanta and trust me when I say Bobby "I was mildly poplar when I was 15" Brown is viewed by many and certainly everyone I know as a notorious idiot/drug addict/jerk/has been/etc. I think she needs to lose him but quick unless he also enters rehab and, more importantly stick with it. Of course, he is in jail now so who knows

Sad very sad. I wish her well but am fearful for her and her life.

My $0.02

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-17-2004, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"I a black finger snapping, finger waving, in your face , head bobbing , ya know what I'm sayin,' umm hmmmm, Diva honey " attitude
ROFLMAO! "Crack is cheap! I don't DO crack." I saw that clip again last nite and thought to myself, "Only the FINEST Peruvian marching powder for ME and my baby, Diane!"
Old 03-17-2004, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I want to think she's 40 and finally acting like a grown-up.

I am tired of seeing her destroy her life. I wouldn't care but the woman DOES have an amazing voice. She DOES have talent and it's a shame she snorted it away or whatever the hell she's doing.

Its the man she's with I'm sure. Two drug addicts will only bring themselves down.

Great for the kids, dads in jail and mommy's in rehab. I had a similar experience, and years later that never leaves you. Poor kids.

SELFISH PARENTS. She had everything at her fingertips and getting high was more important. Yech!
Old 03-17-2004, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Livia
ROFLMAO! "Crack is cheap! I don't DO crack." I saw that clip again last nite and thought to myself, "Only the FINEST Peruvian marching powder for ME and my baby, Diane!"
Me too at your's

"Crack is whack - ya hear what I'm sayin' "

save the cheerleader - save the world