Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-09-2004, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
I believe there will be a difference, to be sure. But I'm thinking Americans seem to need a huge kick in the ass so that they start demanding that the parties don't keep trying to outdo each other in terms of what they can give away to the corporate interests while screwing you and me.
Knowing that our president is pushing for a constitutional amendment that will make certain for all time that I'll never have the opportunity to marry, or to enjoy the same rights and benefits heterosexuals have, is more than enough of a kick in the ass for me.

Four more years of Bush will pretty much seal the fate of several million people.
So economic strategies and national security policies are of little consequence to me, as long as Bush is working to discriminate against the people who help make up the country he's supposed to be leading.

One millions gays and lesbians voted for him the first time... I hope they've seen his true colors by now.
Old 03-09-2004, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Knowing that our president is pushing for a constitutional amendment that will make certain for all time that I'll never have the opportunity to marry, or to enjoy the same rights and benefits heterosexuals have, is more than enough of a kick in the ass for me.

Four more years of Bush will pretty much seal the fate of several million people.
So economic strategies and national security policies are of little consequence to me, as long as Bush is working to discriminate against the people who help make up the country he's supposed to be leading.

One millions gays and lesbians voted for him the first time... I hope they've seen his true colors by now.
Last time it was abortion. Remember? Vote for Bush, or vote for Nader, and Roe v. Wade will be overturned. Fear tactics, plain and simple.

Same here. There's no way in hell such an amendment would ever pass. And if it ever came close, I would join you on the streets to march against it.
Old 03-09-2004, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And if it ever came close, I would join you on the streets to march against it.
Now THAT woud be a sight.

Carne, Johnny, Dissention, Goldie, Rob, and myself all marching with arms locked in unity and mouths a bitchin at each other on every other issue!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-09-2004, 04:49 PM

Old 03-09-2004, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind

Carne, Johnny, Dissention, Goldie, Rob, and myself all marching with arms locked in unity and mouths a bitchin at each other on every other issue!!!!

Just don't get Carne and me started on Lindsey & Stevie, and it should be a pretty peaceful rally!
Old 03-09-2004, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Last time it was abortion. Remember? Vote for Bush, or vote for Nader, and Roe v. Wade will be overturned. Fear tactics, plain and simple.

Same here. There's no way in hell such an amendment would ever pass. And if it ever came close, I would join you on the streets to march against it.
It's being argued in state courts right now.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
It's being argued in state courts right now.
Not to mention the Fifth Cir., I think, has agreed to rehear it. I am unsure what that means though; I have never heard of that. I do remember Roe asked the court to rehear it. Does anyone know anything about this? Make no mistake, the far religious right does not see it as the right to make decisions about one's own body. They only see the killing of babies and want it to end. They will do anything, including killing, to stop it.

Old 03-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up I would march...

Quote:

along side y'all...But I am a somewhat lone-wolf.

Brian "Ozzy in 2004...The words outta his mouth make more sense than either Bush's/Kerry's" j.

ps-Nader is supposed to be on Fox (Faux) News Channel tonite.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 03-09-2004, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: I would march...

Quote:
Originally posted by estranged4life
along side y'all...But I am a somewhat lone-wolf.

Brian "Ozzy in 2004...The words outta his mouth make more sense than either Bush's/Kerry's" j.

ps-Nader is supposed to be on Fox (Faux) News Channel tonite.

All are welcome. However, the only thing you and I would be arguing about is if Rush's Neil Peart is indeed the world's greatest drummer

Old 03-09-2004, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Re: Re: I would march...

Quote:
All are welcome. However, the only thing you and I would be arguing about is if Rush's Neil Peart is indeed the world's greatest drummer
I still say Peart is the man among the living (He no longer needs to prove himself), But Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater (Think Neil Peart on speed/acid/whatever...That's Portnoy) is very, very close behind.

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 03-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: I would march...

Quote:
Originally posted by estranged4life
I still say Peart is the man among the living (He no longer needs to prove himself), But Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater (Think Neil Peart on speed/acid/whatever...That's Portnoy) is very, very close behind.

Brian j.
I do not know of Mike Portnoy. I'll have to check him out. I always thought Stewart Copeland, formerly of The Police, became a great percussionist over time. But Peart clearly is amonst the best I have ever heard. AND - his kit is just mindbendingly cool and ornate Also, MF is up there

Old 03-10-2004, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

(I meant to comment on this earlier.)
Like I said in the other thread, I haven't really given any weight to the propaganda... my fears are solely based on statements made directly by the President.

For me, his support of this amendment is a scary thing, and already enough to warrant that we do everything in our power to make sure he isn't elected again.
Just thinking that it will never pass anyway, isn't going to help.

If everyone who goes to the polls on election day just takes a minute to look at their own lives, and think about what it would be like to be told that they couldn't marry the person they love, maybe they'd realize the importance of not having someone in the White House who is supporting this amendment.

As stubborn and single-minded as it might seem, right now my feeling is that a vote for Bush is a vote for discrimination.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
As stubborn and single-minded as it might seem, right now my feeling is that a vote for Bush is a vote for discrimination.
I wouldn't call it stubborn. Single-minded perhaps, but that's Ok. It's a legitimate reason to want to get the guy out. I didn't vote for Clinton in 1996 because of the welfare bill. I am a naturalized citizen and when Clinton signed that bill knowing full well that it curtailed benefits to LEGAL immigrants, it proved to me that he was a low-life, unprincipled wretch who would stop at nothing to get himself reelected. That provision was struck down after the election, but the bill as a whole was an atrocity. It was the immigration clause, however, that determined my vote. So I'm no stranger to single-issue voting. Sometimes it's necessary.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Kerry blasts 'crooked' Republicans

ROTFLMAO!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...rry/index.html

At least we can get him inadvertantly to tell the truth!!!!

Old 03-10-2004, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Kerry blasts 'crooked' Republicans

Quote:
ROTFLMAO!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...rry/index.html

At least we can get him inadvertantly to tell the truth!!!!

He didn't know it was on, but I'm glad it was.