The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-09-2004, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oops Joe. I was speaking in general and not at anyone in particular. Again, I think the finger pointing is pretty much usless now as both Clinton, W, Reagan, an Bush I all made massive mistakes IMO and as long as we have learned from these mistakes they are in the past my book. The focus I think should be on how to solve the problems we currently face. Will the concept of a free and democratic Iraq work? Who knows and the odds are against it. But, at least something is bieing done, even though and again I do not agree with W's tactics for going to war to establish this state.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Isn't that sorry emoticon one of the coolest. I think we should use it more often, not that you really had to. No problem Jason, and I definitely agree with your moving forward and learning from our past mistakes sentiment.

PEACE

Joe
Old 03-10-2004, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
With all due respect, I think Rob as just posting that letter for discussion and not asserting it as fact. I have seen all of us do that with different articles, etc.
Then he shouldn't get so bent out of shape when someone makes him see that the article is rooted in falsehoods.

If the article is bull****, he should have no problem with people posting the truth. And it's probably highly suspect whether he actually read the real testimony that we posted.

Old 03-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
The fact is that you posted an inflammatory piece of smut about John Kerry that just didn't have any basis in fact.

As for the question about why liberals get so bent out of shape when a Repug disagrees, gimme a break. The same thing happens when liberals disagree with Repubs, but in that instance, the Repugs call us "traitors" and "treasonists."
No...I posted an article written by a guy who disagrees with John Kerry. I even said I wasn’t sure how accurate it was and I have never flamed anyone. I just threw it out for discussion.

And you are correct, the far right is also guilty of some of the same things…that’s why you both are kooky!!!

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller

Last edited by Rob67; 03-10-2004 at 11:28 AM..
Old 03-10-2004, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob67
No...I posted an article written by a guy who disagrees with John Kerry. I even said I wasn’t sure how accurate it was and I have never flamed anyone. I just through it out for discussion.
Yeah, like I said, you posted an inflammatory piece of smut about John Kerry that just didn't have any basis in fact.

Old 03-10-2004, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

It's just like a conservative to compare Pearl Harbor and 9/11. To say that the Pearl Harbor attack was a bigger security failure than 9/11 is an utter joke and you know it. As for Bill Clinton, "when all else fails, blame Bubba." You sound like the mouthpiece of the White House and you don't even seem to realize it. Say all you want about Clinton, but his family members didn't do business and socialize with the Bin Laden's.
As opposed to when all else fails, blame Bush???

I would disagree with you about Pearl Harbor, I wrote a pretty thorough paper regarding the Intelligence errors leading up to Pearl Harbor that concludes that there were multiple mishaps and failed actions leading up to the attack. It was one of most important events in our history and a complete security fiasco. And interestingly there were those who accused FDR about knowing of the attack and not doing anything so the US would be drawn into the war. I think that was and is a load of horsesh*t and I feel the same way about the current administration’s involvement with 9/11.

Peace out,

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 03-10-2004, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, like I said, you posted an inflammatory piece of smut about John Kerry that just didn't have any basis in fact.

That is not exactly true. The letter posted is this guy's version of what he saw in Nam and he says what he saw contradicts the testimony of Kerry. So, this could not be anything more than opinion just like Kerry's version is his opinon of what he saw, heard about, etc.

Note: I am not saying this guy's letter is correct. In fact, I think he is wrong and clearly pandering to the right perhaps for attention. I am just saying I think Rob posted it to promote discussion and did not assert it as fact. I mean Rob stated

"Someone sent this my way via email. Not claiming that these are all truths but I thought it was interesting. I don't have the time to research the validity of some of the claims but his reasoning seems grounded. Thought I would share it for our resident Kerry fans.

Rob "

Then, everyone jumps all over him as if he did

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 03-10-2004 at 11:28 AM..
Old 03-10-2004, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Then he shouldn't get so bent out of shape when someone makes him see that the article is rooted in falsehoods.

If the article is bull****, he should have no problem with people posting the truth. And it's probably highly suspect whether he actually read the real testimony that we posted.

Now, now. Remember what happens when you make assumptions!

I am not, nor have I ever, been “bent out of shape” by anything ever said on this board. It takes a lot more then political talk, honey, to get me riled up.
I always view radical statements with a humorous curiosity…that’s about it.

Cheers!

Rob

- Dennis Miller
Old 03-10-2004, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
That is not exactly true. The letter posted is this guy's version of what he saw in Nam and he says what he saw contradicts the testimony of Kerry. So, this could not be anything more than opinion just like Kerry's version is his opinon of what he saw, heard about, etc.

Note: I am not saying this guy's letter is correct. In fact, I think he is wrong and clearly pandering to the right perhaps for attention. I am just saying I think Rob posted it to promote discussion and did not assert it as fact. I mean Rob stated

"Someone sent this my way via email. Not claiming that these are all truths but I thought it was interesting. I don't have the time to research the validity of some of the claims but his reasoning seems grounded. Thought I would share it for our resident Kerry fans.

Rob "

Then, everyone jumps all over him as if he did
I was just getting ready to quote myself...uh...myself!

Thanks!

Rob

- Dennis Miller