User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-13-2004, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
When I was in 2nd grade we took a trip to the Museum of Natural Science and we were all bored to tears. We didn't want to stand and read everything that went along with the exhibits...we just wanted to run around and play. Well, I suggest no school EVER take students to see the mumers museum. And I thought the Museum of Natural Science was boring...hell, that would be a serious snooze fest
The University Museum had the Egyptian mummies when I was in 3rd grade. (Yes, they were already long dea, thankyouverymuch.)
That was cool. Also the hear you walk through at the Franklin Institute. Ever been there?

- Jake
Old 03-13-2004, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, seeing as my mirror on my drivers side is set up so that I see the road and not myself, I won't be having that problem. Maybe that's why you've gotten into like, 5 accidents in the past few years
Ahem, that's TWO accidents. Shouldn't be hard to remember. One for each of your brain cells.

- Jake
Old 03-13-2004, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
The University Museum had the Egyptian mummies when I was in 3rd grade. (Yes, they were already long dea, thankyouverymuch.)
That was cool. Also the hear you walk through at the Franklin Institute. Ever been there?

- Jake
I LOVE the Franklin Institute. That was another class trip. I've been there several times...it never gets old. They just remodeled the planetarium in the past year. I always loved going to the IMAX films (i'm a nerd for that kind of thing). One thing I never got to see there was the laser light show set to either Pink Floyd, Nirvana, etc. Now they don't do it anymore...at least not to my knowledge.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I LOVE the Franklin Institute. That was another class trip. I've been there several times...it never gets old. They just remodeled the planetarium in the past year. I always loved going to the IMAX films (i'm a nerd for that kind of thing). One thing I never got to see there was the laser light show set to either Pink Floyd, Nirvana, etc. Now they don't do it anymore...at least not to my knowledge.
I've been to IMAX down here a few times, mostly with the kids. Last year we went to the premiere of Cameron's Titanic documentary. That day one of my students was able to ask Cameron a question (she was one of about ten selected from around the country) about the film (we were all linked up via satellite or something), and it later aired on Disney with the kids' questions, I hear. I'm sure the kids will remember that.
My favorite was at my old job, one of my colleagues had a very "distracted" student. After watching a recreation of the battle of the Alamo at the Imax (in the context of a full year of Texas history lessons), the child shouted out to the crowded theater "Did we win?" As they say down here, Bless his heart.

- Jake
Old 03-13-2004, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ahem, that's TWO accidents. Shouldn't be hard to remember. One for each of your brain cells.

- Jake
Or one for each of your lost....

Oh nevermind
Old 03-13-2004, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've been to IMAX down here a few times, mostly with the kids. Last year we went to the premiere of Cameron's Titanic documentary. That day one of my students was able to ask Cameron a question (she was one of about ten selected from around the country) about the film (we were all linked up via satellite or something), and it later aired on Disney with the kids' questions, I hear. I'm sure the kids will remember that.
My favorite was at my old job, one of my colleagues had a very "distracted" student. After watching a recreation of the battle of the Alamo at the Imax (in the context of a full year of Texas history lessons), the child shouted out to the crowded theater "Did we win?" As they say down here, Bless his heart.

- Jake
At the one down near you, do they do the whole opening like they do up here before they show the film? You know, when they do a fly over of Philadelphia (only down there i'm sure it would be of Houston...obviously). Maybe that's just a Franklin Institute thing.

A few years ago I was in a production of Annie Get Your Gun. We went to a special student presentation that included a question and answer session with the cast in New York City. Out of everyone there that day, my question was chosen and answered by Bernadette Peters....I nearly had a heart attack sitting in my chair

"Did we win?"
Old 03-13-2004, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Two more--Titanic--I know, it's not the best movie in the world, but it did make me cry. And. . .how could I forget The Way We Were?
Old 03-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Yep...

Quote:
Originally posted by estranged4life
The Green Mile (The very end of the movie)
That movie is on ABC right now....and ITA. When I first saw it, the part where Michael Jeter dies...OMG....I had tears. They didn't show it just now because it's too graphic, but OMG...just.....