The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-22-2004, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The last movie I saw in the theaters was The Return Of The King. I almost never go to the movies. I do want to see Big Fish though . The last movie I saw period was Ghost. I'd never seen it before, and I thought it was pretty funny. And it wasn't that tear-jerking...
Old 02-22-2004, 07:51 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bent

...about a gay man in the holocaust. Very dark and bloody amazing. Plus, Mick Jagger plays a drag queen and he's very good. (The ugliest drag queen I've ever seen, but very good . Amazing that someone who is naturally so androgynous-and hotter than hell, IMO-in real life makes such an ugly drag queen. )
Old 02-26-2004, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

gldstwmn...who is that with john lennon in your sig?

Does anyone else like the movie "Adaptation" I LOVE that movie....saw it on tv and then went out and go the DVD not long ago. I love the narrations.

Alex
Old 02-26-2004, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by BigAl84
gldstwmn...who is that with john lennon in your sig?

Does anyone else like the movie "Adaptation" I LOVE that movie....saw it on tv and then went out and go the DVD not long ago. I love the narrations.

Alex
It's John Kerry.

Adaptation is a GREAT movie.

Old 02-26-2004, 03:22 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: What movies have you seen lately?

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
"Monster" was brilliant. Charlize Theron rocks. Period. I got quite misty-eyed when I saw it. Really sad.
Finally saw this.

WOW. Great performances. Charlize did a spooky transformation. She can start making the space for her Oscar on the shelf.

I could never sit through it again - simply too difficult to watch. Now, I want to see the documentaries.

My only quibble with the movie is they really made Aileen seem too sympathetic. Maybe she was, in some ways, but that was a little suspect. A bad Hollywood trick to make us like a villain. Minor issue. It is a great film.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by EveryHour
Bent (The ugliest drag queen I've ever seen
State the obvious, how about! How much make-up and silicone and botox would it take to make him look like an ATTRACTIVE woman! (Wel,, maybe if you also stood him next to Keith in drag.)

- Jake
Old 03-03-2004, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by ryan8472
The last movie I saw in the theaters was The Return Of The King. I almost never go to the movies. I do want to see Big Fish though
I saw it and it was awful, IMO. I was glad it was up for so few Oscars.

- Jake
Old 03-03-2004, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Last week, on vacation, my cousin, broother and I went and "saw" Miracle in the theaters which was the most boring movie EVER. We watched maybe forty minutes of it, then left and spent probably twenty bucks on the arcade while we waited for the grownups to pick us up.

"Being in this band really f**** up relationships with chicks."
-Lindsey Buckingham

"Lindsey and I were as close to married as I'll probably ever be. I took care of him, I cooked for him, I ironed his jeans, I adored him."
-Stevie Nicks

"Quite frankly, I think I can presume on Stevie's behalf that she wasn't too sad seeing Lindsey go."
-Mick Fleetwood

"I play bass."
-John McVie.

I love this band.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Siri Ruane
Last week, on vacation, my cousin, broother and I went and "saw" Miracle in the theaters which was the most boring movie EVER. We watched maybe forty minutes of it, then left and spent probably twenty bucks on the arcade while we waited for the grownups to pick us up.
Wow...first bad review I have heard about that. I can't wait to see it. Herbie Brooks was with the Penguins when he died. He is missed!

Last movie I saw was Matchstick Men. I thought it was great, expecially Sam Rockwell. Oh yeah...I saw Passion of the Christ last night and thought it was fantastic.

Why the heck do some people think it's anti-semetic? **sigh**....

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 03-19-2004, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob67
Wow...first bad review I have heard about that. I can't wait to see it. Herbie Brooks was with the Penguins when he died. He is missed!

Last movie I saw was Matchstick Men. I thought it was great, expecially Sam Rockwell. Oh yeah...I saw Passion of the Christ last night and thought it was fantastic.

Why the heck do some people think it's anti-semetic? **sigh**....

Rob
For the record, from what I've followed, the accusations were not that the movie is antisemitic but that if it follows the model of the Passion Plays it could foster an increas in antisemitic feelings and actions.

- Jake