User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-17-2003, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
I liked Destiny Rules right out of the gate.
What I mean is, I love it even more. It gets better everytime you listen to it, which is what a good song does.
Old 03-17-2003, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by secondhandchain
After you listen to Smile at You , go and listen to Destiny Rules.
I think some of us had a concern about Stevie's voice bieng so deep. When you listen to Destiny Rules again, you have a new appreciation for it. Try it. For those of you who didn't like the low vocal, I think you'll love it now. It shows her range is still there. Once the concern about Stevie's voice is gone, Destiny Rules can be taken for what it is, a great song.
Good point. I agree .
However, it doesn't change my concern about Say You Will: It is a fun, pretty song that I enjoy, but I'm a bit disappointed it doesn't have much of a melody...it's kinda monotone. Then again, I've only heard the clip, so there might be some surprises in the second half of the song.
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 03-17-2003, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Can you make out the chorus?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad4stevie
I have listened to it over and over and I still can't get the lyrics down to the chorus!

"I should have turned away . . . . (something unintelligible) . . . as fast as I can . . . ."

What the heck are they singing??
I think it's "I should have turned away and prayed just as fast as I can" which gramatically doesn't make sense...but who cares
(or is it "turned away angry") I DON'T KNOW LOL BUT I LIKKKKKKKE IT P.S Are we sure this wasn't a vocal take lifted from the 80's sessions, because that's how good she sounds! lol

Last edited by secondhandchain; 03-17-2003 at 01:13 PM..
Old 03-17-2003, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
It's going to take me a while to learn to overlook the obvious grammatical goof in the chorus lyrics though.

lol That is making me wince too but I'm sure I'll get over it.

Last edited by sodascouts; 03-17-2003 at 01:04 PM..
Old 03-17-2003, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking I was...

going to TRY and wait a few weeks to hear it, But I tried that with the 6 clips and I received those on cd...So, I'll check it out this afternoon when I get home...Brian J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 03-17-2003 at 01:12 PM..
Old 03-17-2003, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WOW!!!

Not that I disliked them, but, I really did not like the demos that much. This is a very good take on this song. LB pulled out the stops. It has TITN and a little Make Me a Mask in it. And how about that guitar at the end.

My hat is off to Ms. Nicks for that vocal. Remember, she said they did not use "pro tools" on this record. So, if that means no vocal enhancement was used, then that is really her. Where the hell was that voice with that range for the last 10 years?

WOW!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-17-2003, 01:43 PM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 03-17-2003, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts
lol That is making me wince too but I'm sure I'll get over it.
Ah... I knew you'd pick up on that.
Old 03-17-2003, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Stevie, Lindsey, and Christine have all bent (or just flat-out broken!) the rules of grammar, at various times... but I'm of the mind that, as long as it sounds great, then who cares!
And this sounds GREAT!!!

Stevie's vocal is out of this world (i KNEW she could still sing like that, when she wants to!), and I love how they handled the chorus.

(Oh, and I think the lyric is, "I should've turned away and ran... just as fast as I can....")

With every new clip we get to hear, I grow more and more impressed with the sound of this album, and the song choices.
I really think people will be hard-pressed to find anything to seriously complain about with this album.

Is it April 15th yet?!

Johnny Stew
Old 03-17-2003, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

originally posted by Johnny Stew

"With every new clip we get to hear, I grow more and more impressed with the sound of this album, and the song choices.
I really think people will be hard-pressed to find anything to seriously complain about with this album."

Is it April 15th yet?!

I agree with everything you said in your post.
"I should have turned away and ran just as fast as I could" just doesn't sound as good. I bet they knew exactly what they were doing on that one! I can't wait for the 15th either!!!!

Last edited by secondhandchain; 03-17-2003 at 02:43 PM..
Old 03-17-2003, 02:44 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Stevie, Lindsey, and Christine have all bent (or just flat-out broken!) the rules of grammar, at various times... but I'm of the mind that, as long as it sounds great, then who cares!
And this sounds GREAT!!!

Not quite, Johnny. It's one thing to say "ain't gonna" or to use a double negative for effect. To use "ran" when it should obviously be "run" smacks of ignorance, or at the very least, carelessness. Then to say, "as fast as I can" instead of "could," though not entirely incorrect, does give you pause.

I don't mean to kick off another huge discussion on the mechanics of language, but this particular infraction is so objectionable that it is affecting my listening enjoyment. I just had to take two Tylenol as a result.
Old 03-17-2003, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I suppose the plus for me, is that the guitar parts missing here - maybe confirm the big solo will still be there on "Come". You wouldn't put the original Smile At You with those bluesy licks straight after Come - so fingers crossed Come is still sounding as godly as before.

I agree Stevie sounds great on it by the way. But those guitar licks, coupled with Stevies' firey vocal performance on the "angry" version were just superb imo, and I would have liked to have seen them do it live.
Old 03-17-2003, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Smile At You!!!

Lively Music discussion here!!! Could a
kind person post the way to the Web-site...
for me to click on...like...HERE!!! I can't find it!!!
WWWWAAAHHHHHHHH!!! Thanks Lots! Sky

Peacekeeper song ... Lindsey
Old 03-17-2003, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

WOW!!!
this song is SOOOOO GOOOOOODDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!
i need this album NOW!!!!!!!

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2003, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie sounds awesome! wow. I didn't realize how much I'd missed hearing that voice sound like that.

I really do like this version, but I guess I was just sooo looking forward to hearing her rip it out like she does on the demo that it was almost disappointing to hear it toned down so much. I miss the "flaming" wail.

Maybe there's still hope for that if they do it live.

~Angela~
Old 03-17-2003, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is there any chance this isn't the final version?

I haven't heard it yet, I'm just reading opinions, but maybe it will be another case like Thrown Down.

Maybe?

-Sharon