Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-06-2004, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Priceline.com

Plus, since he comes from a well-to-do family, his inheritance probably has been pretty significant, as well.
LMAO - can you see it - bidding on the Presidential Suite at the Four Seasons for a year. Shatner would give LB a personal note of thanks for that commission LOL!!!!!!!

Also, Stevie's parents are pretty wealthy in their own right and LB shared with two siblings (I think). So, who knows.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 07-06-2004, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

strand, I can tell you exactly how many copies of "Home" were sold, and I can tell you exactly how many spins "Landslide" has received at radio to date in the United States, and Stevie's paycheck off of "Landslide" was more than likely approximately $2.5 million and not much more.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Priceline.com

Plus, since he comes from a well-to-do family, his inheritance probably has been pretty significant, as well.
He spent the early money he inherited on some multiple track recorder. Hopefully he's spent later inheritance money on the facility he is building at home. Like I said, I hope he finds that he NEEDS to work. This "Rumours" generation group of the FM band got waaaaay too comfortable early on ("money in the washing machine") and never felt the belly hunger of having to scrape and work - we made them rich and lazy.

I hope the Buckinghams had MAJOR room service while living in the 4 Seasons during the building of their hotel! I hope Mrs. B. does some serious shopping. To quote the Eagles, "take it to the limit one more time." Let's get this band spending more and MAYBE they'll be motivated to get some more music out!
Old 07-06-2004, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
He lived there then. But, I think he also lived there while he and K's current house was being built. Could you imagine that bill. A suite there that could accomodate his family is about $5,000 a night, which would be about $150,000 a month. I am sure he got a deal because of the number of days, but still, I am guessing $75,000 to $100,000 a month in the 90's and a little less in the 80's AND that is not counting room service, staff, etc.
Can you imagine

Did Law and Order and Go Insane sell well? I seem to remember they did not and I think he toured for one and not the other. OOTC (tour and record) did not not sell well, which is a shame IMO.
You're losing your point.

What does living at the Four Seasons tell you? That he could afford it. Do you think he would be so dumb as to live there knowing that it would deplete a great deal of his wealth? I think not. He was the richest one, he could afford living there for so long.

Old 07-06-2004, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley
strand, I can tell you exactly how many copies of "Home" were sold, and I can tell you exactly how many spins "Landslide" has received at radio to date in the United States, and Stevie's paycheck off of "Landslide" was more than likely approximately $2.5 million and not much more.
Then there you have it

Old 07-06-2004, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I got The Corrs income from something Mick said in a recent interview. he said Stevie made a lot of money off of them or something like that. But, certainly she made the most off of the DC. Again, I heard it was way over $5 million, but others say it is closer to $3 million. So, let's say it was $4
How could she make a ton of money off of that Corrs cover? I don't get it. It wasn't a hit single, to the best of my knowledge, and was but one of eleven covers on a Rumours tribute album.

And refer to the numbers John Run posted when it comes to Landslide. She got a base fee of $250,000 for giving them the rights to record it. Then she made $2 mill off of it's single success.

Old 07-06-2004, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
You're losing your point.

What does living at the Four Seasons tell you? That he could afford it. Do you think he would be so dumb as to live there knowing that it would deplete a great deal of his wealth? I think not. He was the richest one, he could afford living there for so long.
I know that. But, my point is it cost a tom to live there. So, if he had no significant income for a few years, it probably ate into his stash. Plus, that house had to have cost 10 million dollars. So, while he certainly has a wad of money, I am just saying he spends it freely and most certainly is not frugal in that sense.

Old 07-06-2004, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know that. But, my point is it cost a tom to live there. So, if he had no significant income for a few years, it probably ate into his stash. Plus, that house had to have cost 10 million dollars. So, while he certainly has a wad of money, I am just saying he spends it freely and most certainly is not frugal in that sense.
My whole point is that he took all the money that he made and INVESTED it wisely. There are numerous quotes from Stevie saying as much. For all we know, he invested in a small company that made it big and made $60 million off of that one investment. I find it hard to believe that he would stay at the Four Seasons without a steady source of income and let the bill for it eat away at a lot of his money. It's implausible.

Old 07-06-2004, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How could she make a ton of money off of that Corrs cover? I don't get it. It wasn't a hit single, to the best of my knowledge, and was but one of eleven covers on a Rumours tribute album.

And refer to the numbers John Run posted when it comes to Landslide. She got a base fee of $250,000 for giving them the rights to record it. Then she made $2 mill off of it's single success.
I was also played in concert and there were the DVD sales. So, she got money off of that. Plus, it was a hit in Europe and around the world. I am just speculating off of that. But, if people in the industry say differently - who am I to argue Plus and as an example of these peoples' lives, the two or three million $$$ difference we are arguing about here is not a lot of money in the big picture when you make 15 million a year WHY CAN'T IT BE ME

Old 07-06-2004, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My whole point is that he took all the money that he made and INVESTED it wisely. There are numerous quotes from Stevie saying as much. For all we know, he invested in a small company that made it big and made $60 million off of that one investment. I find it hard to believe that he would stay at the Four Seasons without a steady source of income and let the bill for it eat away at a lot of his money. It's implausible.
He may have invested wisely. I hope he did. I am just saying he is not frugal as that term is generally defined.

Old 07-06-2004, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was also played in concert and there were the DVD sales. So, she got money off of that. Plus, it was a hit in Europe and around the world. I am just speculating off of that. But, if people in the industry say differently - who am I to argue Plus and as an example of these peoples' lives, the two or three million $$$ difference we are arguing about here is not a lot of money in the big picture when you make 15 million a year WHY CAN'T IT BE ME
Having a song of yours being played in concert by another artist does not mean you get any money from it. And to say that she got any significant amount of money from the DVD sales doesn't wash. As for making money form it in Europe, she may well have done so.

Old 07-06-2004, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He may have invested wisely. I hope he did. I am just saying he is not frugal as that term is generally defined.
I think that he is frugal with his money. He stayed at the Four Seasons, big deal. My point is he wouldn't have done so if it was going to cost him much of his wealth and I'm sure he looked out for that before staying there. And if Stevie says he never spent as much as the rest of them, who am I to disagree?

Old 07-06-2004, 06:12 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LIVING in a 5k a night hotel is idiotic and self indulgent no matter how much money a person has. Rent a furnished house. Hire a cook and a maid. There's a difference between being able to afford 5k a night - for months at a time, and just throwing money out the window. I am sure his accountant was having a heart attack. It's so unnecessary to throw money around like that. It seems out of character - you don't get money by handling money in such a manner. Preposteruous when you can rent a furnished mansion and have hired help for about 1/4 the cost monthly. Whatever. It's like leaving the faucet on all night just because the water works.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At least he didn't put $5k a night up his nose like a couple of his bandmates did.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:24 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
At least he didn't put $5k a night up his nose like a couple of his bandmates did.
Perhaps he found out that he couldn't. I understand cocaine significantly raises the possibility of seizures. It certainly was the party drug of choice then . . . and now for many people.