The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-17-2003, 11:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

I thought it was Mick when I first saw it, but then I thought that it was a little weird for her to be hugging him like that...at that moment.

Aw, that's sweet that it's her brother though.

Did anyone weigh in on the guy who has his arm around her with the dark brown hair right before that?
& the voice of a choir
& a melody...
nothing else mattered
Old 06-18-2003, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
This was great... I really enjoyed it. Though I have to echo the "it wasn't long enough" statements.
For Fleetwood Mac fans, too much is never enough.

I really hope the 'Making of Say You Will' documentary sees the light of day, as well as the "basement tapes."
We'd be discussing/debating/analyzing those for YEARS here on The Ledge!

I wonder which song Stevie was saying she just knew Lindsey wouldn't like.
Who wants to bet it was "Silver Girl"?!? *hehehe*

(Actually, I'm still of the mind that that song would have been much more effective, if done in a more upbeat, perky way... like "What's The World Coming To.")

Through it all, you really do get a sense of love and tenderness from these people.
Even Stevie and Lindsey, and all their intensity and stubbornness, you know that at the end of the day they do care about each other.

But isn't that the best of both worlds? Enough love to keep them wanting to work with each other, but enough tension to keep the music from ever going stale.
I agree, Silver Girl is the weakest track on the album. They either needed to step it up a notch tempo-wise, or bring in Sheryl Crow (who it was supposedly written about) to do a a nice vocal harmony to spice it up a bit.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I noticed that towards the end when Stevie comes off stage and is emotional, she goes to her brother for a hug...he is there waiting. She still needs her family so much. Chris is there for lots of reasons other than merchandising, although I understand he is not as accessible to backstage and all as he is with the other tours.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by cliffdweller
I agree, Silver Girl is the weakest track on the album. They either needed to step it up a notch tempo-wise, or bring in Sheryl Crow (who it was supposedly written about) to do a a nice vocal harmony to spice it up a bit.
That song just does not do it for me at all. I think that Stevie was thinking about Sheryl more than the song, cause it is so bubble gum and below her quality, imo. I really do not like it at all...it is a fast forward, skip for me. I reburned the cd and removed it.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Did everyone see the part of them in the House with Sheryl Crow putting the headphones on and there are a bunch of others there too. It must of have been for her vocals on "Silver Girl"
Old 06-18-2003, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueGrass
Did everyone see the part of them in the House with Sheryl Crow putting the headphones on and there are a bunch of others there too. It must of have been for her vocals on "Silver Girl"
Where was that bit? I'll have to look again

I have only watched this online (have a video on it's way...thanks to a friend) but I really enjoyed it.

I love the bit of Stevie with the singing bass.... something tells me she has a wicked sence of humour... lol. I bet she would get a kick out of the singing hamsters we have over here... hehehe.

Lindsey tearful and Stevie looking away.. would love to know what that was all about! And what was the song Lindsey didn't like I wonder... hmmmm.

And it was so sweet to see Stevie hugging Chris at the end. I'm sure they are very close to each other

Pip
Old 06-18-2003, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

<< sigh >> Wishing I had cable.

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 06-18-2003, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't have cable either but I just went up to my friends house and watched/recorded it their. I thought it was really good- I loved the old footage of the Rumours tour- and CM about her and John's relationship was TOO FUNNY!

But it seems like they had SO MUCH they could have showed and crammed it all into about 20 minutes. And I didn't really like how they showed video of live performances but had the studio version played....like when they were showing "Destiny Rules", I wanted to hear her acually singing but it sounded like the album version to me. okay, negativity over

Overall all, it was GREAT for a 30-minute show.

adam
Old 06-18-2003, 02:34 PM
Ledgie

It was a great half hour. I too was wondering why LB was crying. Oh to be a fly on the wall there.
Old 06-18-2003, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gypsysara
<< sigh >> Wishing I had cable.
I'm sure if you ask nicely on here someone will help you out with a copy. There are a lot of people who trade

Pip
Old 06-18-2003, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeehaw. I got to see it last night. What fun ! My favorite part was the old clip of Stevie down on the ground, wildly flailing the batwing sleeves all over. Is that from the Japan documentary that people say is available on ebay ? Anyone know ?
If so, it is a must have. She is in classic form in that sequence.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by flyfirefly
I loved it!

I got the impression that...that part that's showing Fleetwood Mac in Japan and Mick is saying something like Stevie was playing around with the roadies and you see her sort of, dancing all over the place, and she comes up to the camera, laughing. Yeah, I got the impression that she might be like that when she was high. Heh. Funny.

The "Japan tapes" I think are already out there - if that is what they showed and exerpt of on the All Access show. I have a vhs tape of that exact clip where Stevie is dancing all over the place - and yes, she is high as a kite! There is so much more to that clip, believe me!! You can overhear her at one part saying, "But I only had one hit" . . . .

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 06-18-2003, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I could be spared Mick in his underwear
Now, if Lindsey were in his underwear , that would be a nice sight to see

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 06-18-2003, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad4stevie
and yes, she is high as a kite! There is so much more to that clip, believe me!! You can overhear her at one part saying, "But I only had one hit" . . . .

Where does she say that? Is that towards the end...after she's pushing that guy in the trunk...when she's talking to that older dude w/ the glasses?

I love, love, love this video! It's nice to see her act so warmly to the road crew. How many guys does she hug and say her little 'goodbye' to? About 4? 5? I love it!

Susie
Old 06-19-2003, 07:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by LilyRose

Where does she say that? Is that towards the end...after she's pushing that guy in the trunk...when she's talking to that older dude w/ the glasses?

I love, love, love this video! It's nice to see her act so warmly to the road crew. How many guys does she hug and say her little 'goodbye' to? About 4? 5? I love it!

Susie

I agree - this part is too funny!!

She says this while she is talking to the older guy with glasses - she kinda whispers to him. I think this is the same conversation where she says how much fun it is to be on the road with the crew, instead of the band.

Another favorite part that I found interesting is where Stevie, LB and Robin are talking and then LB walks away from them and toward the camera and totally rolls his eyes at what Stevie had just said!

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .