The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-17-2003, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I loved the special, I just wish it had been longer and that there will be an official documentary with this kind of stuff. Also like I said in a prior thread on Led Zep fans get a DVD but what do Mac fans get? I told you Mick is sitting on a pile of good stuff that he needs to unearth and release.
I laughed when Mick was on that stepper machine saying he felt like a rat in a wheel!
Christine was funny with that sex symbol remark "Ask Stevie Nicks.."
Lindsey saying that he has no allies in the group and he is always named the bad guy.
Lindsey getting emotional with Stevie was so sweet and touching.
By the way, I have the fish that Stevie was playing with! He is rather funny!

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 06-17-2003, 03:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
[B]I'd really love to see it...anyone know where I can get a copy???
------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ??? isn't where to get a copy of Rosebud, it's where can we get a GOOD CLEAR copy. LOL.

Nae
Old 06-17-2003, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just saw it, man was it awesome! I loved to footage we never saw of them before like them in the House and some of the older stuff. LOL @ Lindsey saying he would cry. Haha, I hope to God they put out a DVD with the making of the album.
Old 06-17-2003, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Very cool show - BTW, the nicksfix doesn't list this show time, but VH1 does! TONIGHT (Tuesday 6/17) at 8PM!

Paula
Old 06-17-2003, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have watched it now three times and it was done so well, esp all the behind the scenes action and the openess that they all were.
Funny though with Lindsey...he says that this is not closure for him and Stevie but the beginning of closure. Did he not say that during the Dance tour interviews?? I dont think they will ever have closure...too much attraction and memories....
Oh and in regards to the say you will behind the scenes DVD..lets hope Lindsey does not take as long to do that as he does with his solo albums....lol Gotta love the man!

Tamara

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 06-17-2003, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I have finally seen it on a televsion as opposed to the comp. copy on Tracy's site (kudos to burnish.net!!!!!).

I must say Stevie look fantastic, almost beyond words, in her interview. Also, I think they are hamming it up just a little bit with the arguments, but "we'll never really know" what is real, etc., to paraphrase Stevie. Poor LB has no allies. Also, does anyone else think some of these comments were perhaps made in one context and then editted into another. For example, we have no frame of reference for SN's comment about this not being about art but about finance, etc. She could have been talking about anything much less her music

One of the sweetest things was in the final five seconds Stevie is in her pink shawl and is hugging in what looks like joy and relief all at one time her brother Chris after the show and apparently is crying. It happens very fast, but it caught my eye.

Also, don't you love when they put the album or CD track over the live performances like Stevie in Rhiannon from the Mirage tour or when they are playing, I think, Sara and showing Stevie during The Chain on the Tusk tour. Finally, it was nice to see the boots instead of the Reeboks.

I want that DVD and I want it NNNOOWWW!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-17-2003, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
[i]I must say Stevie look fantastic, almost beyond words, in her interview. Also, I think they are hamming it up just a little bit with the arguments, but "we'll never really know" what is real, etc., to paraphrase Stevie. Poor LB has no allies. Also, does anyone else think some of these comments were perhaps made in one context and then editted into another. For example, we have no frame of reference for SN's comment about this not being about art but about finance, etc. She could have been talking about anything much less her music

[/B]

I was thinking the same thing. Those were probably edited out of the proper context. I do think Miss Nicks is far more dollar savvy than we may give her credit for though.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
Also, does anyone else think some of these comments were perhaps made in one context and then editted into another.
Yes. VH1 is famous...or perhaps infamous for that.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay - there are so many images flashing in this; I see something new everytime. I just saw the shot in the beginning of Stevie from the "Everyday" video shoot where she holding the crystal ball. I also noticed they had the famous (infamous) 40 yard long shot of Stevie in the "big days" for the Sometimes its a Bitch video Also, is that LB's wife in the room on the rented mansion in some of the shots?

Also, when SN is talking about her wardrobe and they flash for the final time to her spinning in the Practical Magic video, I cannot tell what outfit they show next. It looks like a reverse image with sort of a white polka dot top. Does anyone recognize this?

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-17-2003, 09:12 PM
Junior Ledgie

VH1 is totally infamous for their "editing skills." To the point of ridiculousness at times. See, I don't think Stevie's talking about *her* finances...I think she's talking about other members' or the record company's....something like that. I don't think she's speaking about herself.

And Strand---I saw that small shot too in the pink shawl, I mistakenly thought it was Lindsey, not Christopher. Thanks for the bit that it's Christopher, good on ya! I'll have to watch it again (oh well!!! ) so I catch it.

My favorite part is *still* "I wear black because as we all know, black makes you look skinny. Da da!"

(seriously lol right now)

I also like "What is that?"--MF "A spirit catcher."--SN
"A spirit catcher?!??!!"--LB hahahahahahaa. I think it was on Tracy's board that I said that Stevie looked like she was in a parade.

Of course, the LB quote I put in my sig. is just *wonderful*.
"We may be making, maybe in some ways making the best music of our lives, but what's under that is the tenderness--and the care that still exists and somehow managed to survive through all of those times, and through all the twists and turns that we have taken."--Lindsey Buckingham
Old 06-17-2003, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I loooved the spirit catcher bit. It was the best part. As for her embracing someone in the pink shawl, I thought it was Mick.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:26 PM
Junior Ledgie

Ha--you think it's Mick...now I *have* to see it again...because I can't make it out on the computer version!

"We may be making, maybe in some ways making the best music of our lives, but what's under that is the tenderness--and the care that still exists and somehow managed to survive through all of those times, and through all the twists and turns that we have taken."--Lindsey Buckingham
Old 06-17-2003, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart vh1...

VH1 did a darn good job for once as you all have
mentioned! Mick in undies was too much but John
asking "Can we play now?" was dear! We went nuts
as Lindsey says he's going to cry and then does so!!!

This opportunity must mean a great deal to Lindsey
and that is so great he is making a documentary with
Neal Preston taking photos at the concerts! His wife
was in several shots but I missed his son Will!!! Stevie
is hysterical in her glasses and she best be careful with
her walker when she's 80 as Lindsey may fight back with
his as they "try to win" at the posh Actors Nursing Home
in Beverly Hills!Lindsey's many hahahaha's tickle me!Sky
Old 06-17-2003, 10:16 PM
Ledgie

What was with that huge black and white stuffed (??????) dog in the background. I watched the show about 4 times before I realized it wasn't real. Or was it??
Old 06-17-2003, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default drum roll please....

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
As for her embracing someone in the pink shawl, I thought it was Mick.
At first I thought it was Mick too, then I paused the frame and low and behold, its .....Chris!! I have had the pleasure of standing next to him and Strand you are right! Can't miss that face and frame..lol

Tamara

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN