The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Look at John in the b&w pic, isn't that the cutest smile ever?
I really like these, I wish there was a whole bunch of them.

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 04-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

That's it! That's it. That's the one! Both you and dnightshade got it! I thought it was two chairs, but it's obviously one.

I know this photo features pre-Rumours so indulge me.

I love this photo featuring the Hollywood sign. Has the Rumours line-up MAC ever been photographed in front of a famous landmark?

I think I've seen others where they are all posing more to expose the sign. Since Bob was from California, I wonder whose idea it was.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There are a lot of photo's, you can find the whole set here: http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Se...ochs&src=quick (also some pics on page 2)

I don't think I've seen similair pictures with the Rumours line-up

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie

Last edited by Sanne2; 04-23-2008 at 06:19 AM..
Old 04-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

Sweet! Thnx! (There are so many pictures over there!)
Old 04-24-2008, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Another Rolling Stone Shoot

It wasn't until I joined the Ledge that I discovered the other band members existed in this picture. I thought it was taken with only Mick and Stevie. (Unfortunately, I don't have the full photo.)

While the cropping is stunning, had I been Christine, John or Lindsey, I would have been disappointed when I saw the cover.

Anyone got variations?

Old 04-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Aside from the uncropped version I've never seen other variations.
Everytime I see that pic I wonder how the hell Stevie stays up there, it's a really weird pose and Mick is barely holding her.

Old 04-24-2008, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really like how John looks here. He looks - normal - comfortable - somebody I could have a beer with.

The others all look like they came from having a "make-over." And Lindsey is not happy that Mick's make-over included a hat, and his didn't. (LOL)

Last edited by Betsy; 04-25-2008 at 10:36 AM..
Old 04-25-2008, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sanne2 (or anyone else out there in cyberspace)

There is a photo. (1976 ?) B & W. Stevie has on a top hat. Mick is to the left of her. I don't remember where John is positioned, but Christine is standing next to Lindsey, like she is whispering something to him. He has his guitar in hand and is looking sideways at the camera - a brooding sort of look. I have seen it a bzillion times and have been trying to find it. I was wondering if there were variations of that photo. There might be a Fleetwood Mac banner off to the left hand side, to the left of Mick.

But after re-reading that paragraph, I think I am describing any number of photos. Guess, I gotta start searching the web again, to find the real one.

(P.S. It's Friday and the workpace is nuts! I am hanging out here, where it is safe. )
Old 04-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
Sanne2 (or anyone else out there in cyberspace)

There is a photo. (1976 ?) B & W. Stevie has on a top hat. Mick is to the left of her. I don't remember where John is positioned, but Christine is standing next to Lindsey, like she is whispering something to him. He has his guitar in hand and is looking sideways at the camera - a brooding sort of look. I have seen it a bzillion times and have been trying to find it. I was wondering if there were variations of that photo. There might be a Fleetwood Mac banner off to the left hand side, to the left of Mick.

But after re-reading that paragraph, I think I am describing any number of photos. Guess, I gotta start searching the web again, to find the real one.

(P.S. It's Friday and the workpace is nuts! I am hanging out here, where it is safe. )
I'm thinking you're talking about this one??

Talking 'bout my angel
Of my dreams
Old 04-25-2008, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Aww, pre-boobjob Stevie
It always looks likew Christine is about to grab Lindsey's ass

Old 04-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by throughthefog View Post
I'm thinking you're talking about this one??

Yes, yes, yes. THAT's the photo.

It reminds me of a group of carnival people, just hanging out. Stevie's gonna go tame the lions, Mick is gonna get in the ring with the Russian acrobatic team, John is getting ready to run the shell game, Christine is whispering to Lindsey that she thinks the cameraman is an easy mark.

I love that picture.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
Yes, yes, yes. THAT's the photo.

It reminds me of a group of carnival people, just hanging out. Stevie's gonna go tame the lions, Mick is gonna get in the ring with the Russian acrobatic team, John is getting ready to run the shell game, Christine is whispering to Lindsey that she thinks the cameraman is an easy mark.

I love that picture.
Is it just me or does Lindsey look ENORMOUS in that picture? He looks as tall as Mick. I'm sure it's from him being closer to the camera or he's in big ole boots, but that really threw me for a loop.

Not to mention that's a kick ass photo all around.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, what is the deal with Lindsey? I realize his hair takes up 3 inches, but still. But Christine looks big too and Mick looks small. It's like everyone on one side of the room became an amazon.

You know, I'm really not into pre-haircut Lindsey's appearance. Too grungy for me. But even then, if you could get a clear shot of his face, it wasn't too shabby. Michele