User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-09-2016, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Wink Favorite Stevie on stage antics

What are some of your favorite Stevie antics live on stage? I know many love the spins and twirls but here are some of mine.

Edge Walk
So cool. It used to spook me to watch people touch Stevie. I used to admire these people so much. I finally got to be one of those people, touching both of her hands.

When Stevie would stand behind Waddy and spread her arms around him draping him in white like a white winged dove at the beginning of Edge of 17 in the early 80's

During the wild 80's days when Stand Back would end, Stevie was still wound up and would keep singing........stannnnnnndinnnng in it. Well you will be standing in it.
LMAO

Bringing Sharon front mic for "I hear you in the morning......" during Edge of 17

Stevie's brilliant Sisters of the moon entrancing dance during the Mirage tour with her hair all wigged out

During the FM 1990 tour Stevie would egg the crowd on during the Stand Back intro and it made people go NUTS.

During the 1981 live Rhiannon encore for the HBO show...."I'll never forget you either"
She heard a fan and got that in between lyrics. Just too cool for words.

I only saw Stevie do this once but its the coolest thing ever. During her professionally shot Timespace tour during the beginning of Outside the Rain she punches the microphone twice to make the sound of a heart beat... "outside the rain and my heart skips a beat "punch punch" are you lonely? With her black gloves on it was pure rebel
LMAO

Speaking in tongues during the HBO 1982 show Sisters of the moon.

Stevie's dance at the end of How Still My Love during the Wild Heart tour.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When she would stand behind Waddy is my favorite.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

On either the Tango tour or Behind the Mask tour in Pittsburgh someone in the audience was tossing a Frisbee around. At one point, I think it was during Don't Stop, it landed on the stage and Stevie picked it up and threw it back.

Another time, I think it was during the Mirror tour, she had done the spoken word part of Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You, and made it about Woodstock. Then some fan jumped up on stage and gave her a hug. Security had to come and drag him off. She said to the audience something about not being afraid and that we shouldn't be afraid either. She handled it really well.

One of my favorites was at the Starlake Amphitheater. I want to say it was the Street Angel tour but I could be wrong. I wasn't used to hearing her speak much but during Outside the Rain and Dreams a storm started up on the horizon surrounding the outdoor theater. When the song ended she said something like "Did you see the lightning? There was lightning all around us it was, like, totally cool". And I was floored that she sounded like a valley girl when she said "like, totally cool". LOL
Old 05-10-2016, 04:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndoingTheLaces View Post
On either the Tango tour or Behind the Mask tour in Pittsburgh someone in the audience was tossing a Frisbee around. At one point, I think it was during Don't Stop, it landed on the stage and Stevie picked it up and threw it back.

Another time, I think it was during the Mirror tour, she had done the spoken word part of Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You, and made it about Woodstock. Then some fan jumped up on stage and gave her a hug. Security had to come and drag him off. She said to the audience something about not being afraid and that we shouldn't be afraid either. She handled it really well.

One of my favorites was at the Starlake Amphitheater. I want to say it was the Street Angel tour but I could be wrong. I wasn't used to hearing her speak much but during Outside the Rain and Dreams a storm started up on the horizon surrounding the outdoor theater. When the song ended she said something like "Did you see the lightning? There was lightning all around us it was, like, totally cool". And I was floored that she sounded like a valley girl when she said "like, totally cool". LOL
You are from Pittsburgh? I was at those shows too. The Street Angel show had her sing Edge of 17 with the microphone in her hand. Very rare and yes the lightening added to the show.

I love it when she talks like a valley girl.

Check this out. In Ohio during the Wild Heart tour after Dreams she says "They'rrrre here" Like from the movie Poltergeist. In 1982 and 1983 this was a common saying because of that movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIxL...o9eUVw&index=6
Old 05-10-2016, 05:24 AM

I've always loved the Stand Back high kick. It's awesome that she did it at such a mature age, she stop doing it just a few years back, I think 2011?
Old 05-11-2016, 11:44 PM
Junior Ledgie

The Tambo dance and toss during Gold and Braid for me is very iconic!
Old 05-12-2016, 12:27 AM
Senior Ledgie

Definitely the Tusk version of Angel, Stevie's dancing near the end of the song! Love it.

Love the world turning spinning and "yeaahhh" Stevie yells sporadically.

Gold Dust Woman from Japan Rumours tour, the entire band was on a different level. Stevie's dancing while creeping of the stage.

Ummm, lastly Gold Dust Woman with Bob Welch at the Roxy. Stevie air drumming next to Mick, she looks like she is having a blast. Then when she picks up the tambourine and hops around, yeah amazing energy.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I only saw Stevie do this once but its the coolest thing ever. During her professionally shot Timespace tour during the beginning of Outside the Rain she punches the microphone twice to make the sound of a heart beat... "outside the rain and my heart skips a beat "punch punch" are you lonely? With her black gloves on it was pure rebel
LMAO
There was a professional shot Timespace show?? What??

One of my favourites has to be in between songs at Woodstock 98 when it's raining and she's making banter about the guys coming out to mop the stage and telling stories about all the songs.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:45 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
You are from Pittsburgh? I was at those shows too. The Street Angel show had her sing Edge of 17 with the microphone in her hand. Very rare and yes the lightening added to the show.

I love it when she talks like a valley girl.

Check this out. In Ohio during the Wild Heart tour after Dreams she says "They'rrrre here" Like from the movie Poltergeist. In 1982 and 1983 this was a common saying because of that movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIxL...o9eUVw&index=6
Oh wow I wasn't aware of any bootleg video WH shows, that audio quality is pretty amazing compared to the potato it was videod on! Haha. Thanks for sharing
Old 05-12-2016, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
There was a professional shot Timespace show?? What??

One of my favourites has to be in between songs at Woodstock 98 when it's raining and she's making banter about the guys coming out to mop the stage and telling stories about all the songs.
Yes, it was professionally shot but not commercially released. Probably because Stevie looked zonked out. Most of it is on Youtube except outside the rain. During that song, she sings the last verse twice in a row. Her band keeps it together though.
The Wild Heart Tour and TOSOTM tour were also professionally shot but not commercially released. Probably for the same reasons
Old 05-13-2016, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The Wild Heart Tour and TOSOTM tour were also professionally shot but not commercially released. Probably for the same reasons
I know OSOTM tour was filmed and copies of the show were given to the band and crew. That show was on YouTube too. It had this weird effect at the end of every song where the image was frozen and then faded into the next song.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Dance Tour 1997 when Stevie and Lindsey would interact quite a bit and they did Silver Springs and thanked each other. Pure , raw emotion...................
Old 05-13-2016, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndoingTheLaces View Post

Do you rememher how good her toss was?

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-14-2016, 04:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
It was extremely weak as if she never threw a Frisbee in her life. For how bad the throw was, it went pretty far - about 20 rows back.
Old 05-14-2016, 07:43 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
watch this ....