User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-14-2018, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I agree with everything you said. For a band with 3 vocalists the Chain is the perfect song to showcase the new lineup. Not to mention, it's a killer song, a crowd pleaser, and was featured recently in a huge movie. The idea that they performed it as some sort of vendetta against Lindsey is typical of some people's mindset against Fleetwood Mac. It's not like they performed Big Love or Never Going Back Again.
Also, "the chain" of the band as an entity isn't broken. It soldiers on as it has for many decades. No snide messages there.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
See, this is the type of drama that seems completely unnecessary to interject into the conversation. I can guarantee you that they weren’t thinking of Lindsey when they picked The Chain.

Just from a practical perspective, The Chain is one of their better known songs, it features the voices together, has brief male lead vocals, and has a blazing guitar solo. Perfect way to show the new male lead vocalist and the new lead guitarist within the context of the band.
A "guarantee" about the song choice decision-making process -- a process you certainly were not involved in. Who's being dramatic now?

I think the song choice was deliberate and made with Lindsey in mind. You have to put yourself in their shoes. This is the band that called the 94/95 tour, the "Another Link in the Chain" tour. It seems like "The Chain" has come to symbolize, at least in Mick's mind, the many links in this band's complicated story rather than a binding force keeping the Rumours 5 together. It sucks because I have to imagine that is a minority view among fans.

Plus, SteveMacD is right, it does showcase the new guys, which in and of itself is kind of a bold strategy... Given everyone's reaction around here, I don't think it paid off.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time View Post
There is something seriously wrong with you.

The real question is "who really did break the chain?" Lindsey? FM? Or maybe the supplemental links of Neil and Mike signified that "The Chain" was never really broken at all.