The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-07-2006, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking I don't want to go to work today---I would rather be doing...?

So here is my circumstance-
It is Tuesday morning and I just do not feel like going to work today at all!!
I have the perfect job to boot- I am the secretary to a Principal in an elementary school in the woods of New Hampshie... Who could ask for more- No real pressure, smiling children all around (unless they are in trouble-which is rare) and mostly the benefits of Vacations, vacations, vacations, but I digress...

I am SO SO not in the mood today!!!!!!

I would rather be driving a new/old whatever... Porshe 911,
down the highway , at fast speeds- with the sun in my face- Stevie or at least the Mac on the CD player, drinking a Diet Pepse (I'd rather have something else to drink-but hey, I am driving )-
and just thinking about N O T H I N G-
Except, perhaps how much I love to sing along and do background's with Stevie, maybe I will wonder...am I hitting the right notes?
And oh yeah, and do I have enough gas...to just KEEP going????
That fanatasy is all my little mind wants to comprehend today...
That is what I want to do today-
However.. I have to go now so I can take a shower and go to school/work
How about you??
hugs,
~eclipse~~

For never have I been a blue calm sea...I have always been a storm, always been a storm... sln
~~eclipse~~

Last edited by eclipse; 03-07-2006 at 07:22 AM..
Old 03-07-2006, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And now that it has taken me so long to write this ....
I am not only, not going to want to be there, I am going to get some crap for being late!AAAAHHHHHH

For never have I been a blue calm sea...I have always been a storm, always been a storm... sln
~~eclipse~~
Old 03-07-2006, 07:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't want to go to work today either. To be honest I rather just sleep.
I have to go because I am working tonight and this will be my only chance this week to get any OT. I will not get home till after midnight however then it's back to work for 8:30AM tomorrow.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
I don't want to go to work today either. To be honest I rather just sleep.
I have to go because I am working tonight and this will be my only chance this week to get any OT. I will not get home till after midnight however then it's back to work for 8:30AM tomorrow.
sounds like my hours today~ between wrking my daycare for 12 hrs, i have my son & hubby, i never get to bed before midnight & i open my daycare at 6 am sharp~ i haven't taken a day off in forever, i am w/ the both of you, i don't wanna wrk today either ~
Old 03-07-2006, 08:32 AM
MoonChilde

[QUOTE

I would rather be driving a new/old whatever... Porshe 911,
down the highway , at fast speeds- with the sun in my face- Stevie or at least the Mac on the CD player, drinking a Diet Pepse (I'd rather have something else to drink-but hey, I am driving )-
and just thinking about N O T H I N G-
Except, perhaps how much I love to sing along and do background's with Stevie, maybe I will wonder...am I hitting the right notes?
hugs,
~eclipse~~[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Sounds like the perfect day !! Can I ride along?? Sounds like Spring Fever is hitting you big time.!.I want to keep going and drive right across the country..right through the Rockies.. dont have a Porshe..but have a sunroof.. will that help?
Old 03-07-2006, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Man, I didn't want to go to work this morning either, but here I sit. I would rather be tucked into my bed snoozing for at least a few more hours.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I like my job, but have been WAY OVER IT for the last three or so months. So, I do not want to be here at all. I'd rather be in bed with the Scotties - Laine seen here:

Maybe its time to seek greener work pastures - if anyone will have me

Actually, I have been thinking about leaving the law altogether and opening a store of some sorts. Yes, it would be a huge income slam, but I would love to be out of this rat race.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 03-07-2006 at 09:43 AM..
Old 03-07-2006, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, I should be leaving for work right about now, but it doesn't seem to be happening. I need to figure out a way to get my expenses down far enough so that I only have to work part-time. Once the car is paid off it will be much easier...
Old 03-07-2006, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas
Yeah, I should be leaving for work right about now, but it doesn't seem to be happening. I need to figure out a way to get my expenses down far enough so that I only have to work part-time. Once the car is paid off it will be much easier...
I know. I live WAY to high on the hog though. Maybe I need to just let it all go, buy a small house and raise my dogs - sounds like heaven to me

Old 03-07-2006, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I know. I live WAY to high on the hog though. Maybe I need to just let it all go, buy a small house and raise my dogs - sounds like heaven to me
I remember watching that "Where Are They Now?" show on VH-1 years ago, and they had this group from the '80s...'Til Tuesday or something, I don't remember...or maybe the Thompson Twins. Anyway, they moved to New Zealand or somewhere and raise sheep! I thought that would be a cool thing to do. There's a website where a lady in Maryland raises them and dyes her own yarn and sells it on the internet.

I'd like to do something crafty like that. Maybe weave afghans and sell them on the side of the road in New Mexico...or make pottery.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas
I remember watching that "Where Are They Now?" show on VH-1 years ago, and they had this group from the '80s...'Til Tuesday or something, I don't remember...or maybe the Thompson Twins. Anyway, they moved to New Zealand or somewhere and raise sheep! I thought that would be a cool thing to do. There's a website where a lady in Maryland raises them and dyes her own yarn and sells it on the internet.

I'd like to do something crafty like that. Maybe weave afghans and sell them on the side of the road in New Mexico...or make pottery.
A friend of mine had his own very successful nutritional supplement shop until Katrina destroyed it and his life, which albeit at least he still has. I could see going in on something like that and running a cafe/smoothie shop associated with it. I mean I could always be a freelance lawyer on the side and make enough to pay the bills (assuming I quit the Leona Helmsleyesq spending). Actually, we talked about it, but the thought of being on my own without that paycheck every two weeks is a little terrifying

Old 03-07-2006, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I dont have to be at work today, I get to go duke it out (one more time) in Family Law court, fighting the same old tired battle Ive been fighting for the past 4 years. sigh. I owe mega bucks to my attorney, and Im floundering in debt as it is. I have a nit-picky supervisor at work and Ive just been given the entire General Assistance caseload that made the last GA worker kookoo.
Yay. If it werent for the neat people I work with (ok one really neat guy ) and the benefits, I'd be moving or something. Alright, probably not, Im just nervous about Court today.

Jason, your idea to open a store (with your friend?) sounds wonderful. My very good friend who owned his own Salon awhile back (and sold it to move to Washington State to please his partner who then broke up with him, ah life) has now decided that he is much happier with a pared down lifestyle, no real strings attached. He's having more fun, and he's actually doing quite well financially since there are no real expenses to maintain (or significant other LOL) He'll be buying a little home for himself soon, and a second home in MY neck of the woods where he spent time as a young boy.

Maybe there is some truth to the stereotype of a mid-life crisis where people completely take a new direction...and from all Ive heard/read, the second time around, people are actually happier with their new choices...If you DO go ahead with your idea, I wish you all the best Jason
Old 03-07-2006, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^good luck in court today, Mary.

My workday is nearly over, yay. Just one hour to go. I've been having a lot of problems getting out of bed on time this whole winter, it's ridiculous really! Fortunately they don't really care here, as long as I make my hours and get the work done. I think I just need springtime.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

im not feeling it either...i want to drink coffee and walk in the rain
Old 03-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I never want to go to work. Today, I would rather it was Thursday, and that my boyfriend is back in town. I haven't seen him for a week and a couple of days and it's driving me nuts.

I wish I had a job I enjoyed going to. I want my own yarn store. They don't make money, but I'd get to fondle yarn all day long and use whatever I wanted. That? is awesome.