The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-06-2006, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy Minnesota Twins hall of famer Kirby Puckett near death after major stroke

I was devastated by this news. I know I love the Red Sox, but I grew up here in Minnesota watching Kirby Puckett play centerfield for the Twins. I think I probably saw over 600 games that he played in. I remember at game 6 of the 1991 world series sitting in the upper deck watching him win game 6 with a home run in the 11th inning. He is a truly wonderful man and was a fantastic ballplayer. I know not alot of you are big sports fans, but he needs all the prayers he can get. I feel like a piece of my childhood is about to die.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow that's sad. I remember Kirby Puckett as being a pretty class act. I hope he makes a recovery.

"Don't f*&k with anyone's dog and don't ever date a musician."
Old 03-06-2006, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti
Wow that's sad. I remember Kirby Puckett as being a pretty class act. I hope he makes a recovery.
Thank you Patti! I know it's only sports, but he meant alot ot mer as a youngster.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation The reports I read...

have Kirby in critical condition...Hopefully he recovers, He is one of the reasons I loved Twins baseball (I hate the Braves...Kirby & Jack Morris OWNED the mightly suckass Braves in '91, Game 7 of the World Series is still the best baseball game ever played IMHO!!!)

We're pullin' for ya Kirby!!!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 03-06-2006, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
have Kirby in critical condition...Hopefully he recovers, He is one of the reasons I loved Twins baseball (I hate the Braves...Kirby & Jack Morris OWNED the mightly suckass Braves in '91, Game 7 of the World Series is still the best baseball game ever played IMHO!!!)

We're pullin' for ya Kirby!!!
You wouldnt believe the roar that went up in the Metrodome when he hit that homerun off Charlie Lliebrandt in game 6. I was there, and I think my ears are still ringing!! BTW memo to Bobby Cox, why the hell would you put in someone that Kirby had a .485 average against. But we took the charity that's for sure!
Old 03-06-2006, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Easy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
You wouldnt believe the roar that went up in the Metrodome when he hit that homerun off Charlie Lliebrandt in game 6. I was there, and I think my ears are still ringing!! BTW memo to Bobby Cox, why the hell would you put in someone that Kirby had a .485 average against. But we took the charity that's for sure!
Because Bobby Cox sucks ass (I'm sorry folks, I think this guy in majorly overrated as a manager)...He needs to take his wife beating ass back to Tulsa and climb under a rock & die (Always thought it was in bad taste when former Braves owner Billionaire-Nut Ted Turner pulled strings in Atlanta to bail Bobby Cox's ass after he beat his wife...Even when there was physical proof that incident did occur.)

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 03-06-2006, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
Because Bobby Cox sucks ass (I'm sorry folks, I think this guy in majorly overrated as a manager)...He needs to take his wife beating ass back to Tulsa and climb under a rock & die (Always thought it was in bad taste when former Braves owner Billionaire-Nut Ted Turner pulled strings in Atlanta to bail Bobby Cox's ass after he beat his wife...Even when there was physical proof that incident did occur.)
You know another telling thing about him? He had this pool tournament every year for over 10 years, and almost all of the major stars would show up for it cause he was that kind of guy. NO ONE disliked him.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
I was devastated by this news. I know I love the Red Sox, but I grew up here in Minnesota watching Kirby Puckett play centerfield for the Twins. I think I probably saw over 600 games that he played in. I remember at game 6 of the 1991 world series sitting in the upper deck watching him win game 6 with a home run in the 11th inning. He is a truly wonderful man and was a fantastic ballplayer. I know not alot of you are big sports fans, but he needs all the prayers he can get. I feel like a piece of my childhood is about to die.
we love kirby in our house, i wish him the best, this is just devestating news~
Old 03-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6
we love kirby in our house, i wish him the best, this is just devestating news~
That's really nice of you to say Jill. I really appreciate it.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It was the Twins/Braves series that got me into baseball. Still one of the best WS ever. I hope Kirby recovers.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
It was the Twins/Braves series that got me into baseball. Still one of the best WS ever. I hope Kirby recovers.
Wasnt it though. Not a bad way to get into baseball huh?