User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I wouldnt necessarily expect her to have lots of memorabilia around the house- but you do expect people to have a few pictures of those closest to them. I'm surprised there arent a smattering of framed photographs here and there.

A few more pictures of her house here...
Looks like she has a picture of her and Stevie in the dining room of the guest house. Thats really nice.

'She is planning to 'upsize' in the capital'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-5million.html

(Thats a really sad way to end this article).
on closer inspection it appears to be a pic of her, Stevie, and Lindsey standing behind the two of them
Old 09-26-2015, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
on closer inspection it appears to be a pic of her, Stevie, and Lindsey standing behind the two of them
Oh yes, you're right.

The two pictures above the bed look to be band pictures too.
Pretty certain the one on the left is Stevie and Lindsey. Looks like Stevie (left) is either kissing him or applying make-up- I'm sure I've seen this picture before.
Can't quite make out the photo on the right. It's odd as it looks like there are four figures in the picture. Not sure whether its a picture of FM. If it is then it might be the HAHTF band. Or it might even be a Chicken Shack picture.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Oh yes, you're right.

The two pictures above the bed look to be band pictures too.
Pretty certain the one on the left is Stevie and Lindsey. Looks like Stevie (left) is either kissing him or applying make-up- I'm sure I've seen this picture before.
I don't think I've seen this photo before, but I think I have seen a picture of Stevie wearing that tam or covering on her head before. Michele
Old 09-26-2015, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine selling her house

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-5million.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...-mcvie-6523194

I guess she's moving to her penthouse in London overlooking the River Thames.
She probably doesn't need that big house anymore.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:30 PM
Ledgie

For the first time, I get to be THAT Ledgie.

This is already a thread in the Christine McVie forum
Old 09-26-2015, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As I was looking at the pictures, I remembered seeing in one of the dining rooms, a picture of Christine and Stevie or it was Christine and Stevie and Lindsey, it looked like it was all three.
Old 09-27-2015, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalline_ View Post
For the first time, I get to be THAT Ledgie.

This is already a thread in the Christine McVie forum
Thank you!
Old 09-27-2015, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

That kitchen is amazing. I also love the photo of her, Stevie and Lindsey in the dining room.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[So, she wants a bigger place in London]

GALLERY: Fleetwood Mac star Christine McVie puts £3.5m Kent mansion up for sale

12:10 25 September 2015 Chris Murphy

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/galle...sale_1_4247686

Star is selling long-time home in Wickhambreaux after band’s successful reunion
Fleetwood Mac star Christine McVie is selling her magnificent Kent mansion for £3.5 million.

The 72-year-old singer and keyboard player has lived in the Grade II-listed property in Wickhambreaux, near Canterbury, since 1990.

But she’s decided to sell the six-bedroom home after the band’s successful reunion saw her able to spend less and less time at her Kent retreat.

Fleetwood Mac, originally formed in 1967, have sold more than 100 million records worldwide and recorded hits throughout the decades.

Ms McVie joined in 1970.

She intends to use the funds generated to allow her to buy a home in London.

Set in 19 acres, it has undergone major restoration since she took over and is now on the market through agents Strutt and Parker.

The house includes four reception rooms for entertaining varying numbers of celeb guests, a three-bedroom outhouse, two cottages and those sprawling gardens.

And don’t forget the converted barn, paddocks, thatched stable,

Ms McVie had long resisted calls to reunite with the super group after retiring from live performances in 1998, but gave in to temptation for their recent world tour which has played to sell-out arenas and generated millions for the group.

Among her songwriting credits for the band are the likes of Don’t Stop and Little Lies - a huge hit from the Rumours album.

While at her home in Kent, it is thought she penned a lot of her solo material there once the band disintegrated in the 1980s.

The fractured relationships within the band - which features Mick Fleetwood, Lindsay Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, and John McVie, her former husband - are the stuff of rock legend.

Simon Backhouse, of Strutt and Parker, said: “Christine McVie bought this house in 1990 and when she did it was in a bit of a state.

“She has spent an enormous amount of money on it since then, putting a new roof on it and restoring it to its former glory.

“She has family in Kent and it’s a very beautiful and private house. It’s quiet and you can’t see it from anywhere so that ticked a lot of boxes for her.

“The house itself is stunning and the village it’s in is a quintessential chocolate box village.

“She’s looking to upsize in London and downsize in the country.”

Named The Quaives, the house is new to the market but already there has been much interest in it.

“Whether you are a music fan or not, this is an incredible opportunity to own something very special indeed,” added the agent.

Previously of the Kent house, she has said: “I have whiled away many peaceful days song writing in this tranquil home. Much fun was had by all on the croquet lawn.”

She is currently on a world tour with the band doing the Australia and New Zealand leg.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:45 PM

This article brought me so much joy!
Old 09-30-2015, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[So, she wants a bigger place in London]

The house includes four reception rooms for entertaining varying numbers of celeb guests, a three-bedroom outhouse, two cottages and those sprawling gardens.
In America an outhouse holds a toilet with no flushing capabilities. Perhaps Michele, Chris is moving to London because she wants a larger bathroom.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mirror co.uk 26 Sep 2015 By Bob Haywood

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...-mcvie-6523194

Fleetwood Mac singer from Lightwoods Road selling six bedroom Tudor house set in 19 acres

Fleetwood Mac singer Christine McVie is going her own way - by selling her £3.5 million home.

Christine, now 72, zoomed to international stardom with the supergroup.

But she started out as a singer at pub gigs in the Midlands, having been brought up in Bearwood.

Fleetwood Mac - still one of the biggest stadium bands in the world - released Rumours in 1977 and it went on to be best-selling albums of all time.

One of the tracks was the thumping Go Your Own Way, while Christine mesmerised music fans with her aching ballad Songbird.

Christine, who re-joined the band last year and has been touring with them again, is now selling her country estate in the village of Wickhambreaux in Kent.

The asking price for The Quaives is an upbeat £3.5 million.

Christine bought the six-bedroomed Grade II-listed Tudor house – set in 19 acres – in 1990. The property also has two cottages and a barn where the singer worked on her music.

“It was a heap when I bought it, with the beams having been painted lime green,” she recalled. “It was hideous.

“I have whiled away many peaceful days, songwriting in this tranquil home.

“Much fun was had by all on the croquet lawn.”

Christine has not revealed where she will be going once the house sale goes through.

But The Quaives is certainly a world apart from her home where she grew up – as Christine Perfect – in Lightwoods Hill, Bearwood.

The road is in a quiet residential area, between Warley Woods and Lightwoods Park, but is also close to the busy Hagley Road, one of the main routes into Birmingham.

Houses in Lightwoods Hill have recently been sold for prices ranging from £175,000 to £350,000.

Christine’s father, Cyril Perfect, was a concert violinist and music lecturer in St Peter’s College of Education in Saltley, Birmingham.

She started playing piano at the age of four and later became a singer on the blues scene, joining Kidderminster-based Stan Webb in the band Chicken Shack.

She went on to join Fleetwood Mac, having married the band’s bass player John McVie in 1970.

Fleetwood Mac, which has been through many line-up changes over the years, was riven by relationship problems between band members, which added poignancy to many of the heart-wrenching lyrics, especially on Rumours.

Christine lived for years in the USA, returning to the UK in the late 1990s ‘to be near her family’ and then stepping out of the public gaze. She returned to Fleetwood Mac only last year.

Christine and John McVie were divorced in 1976. She married keyboardist Eddy Quintela in 1986, but that marriage failed, too. She has no children.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^She described those lime green beans in an interview months ago, but it's only now that I've actually seen pictures of the house that I can fully realize just how hideous that must have been.

Michele
Old 10-01-2015, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
^She described those lime green beans in an interview months ago, but it's only now that I've actually seen pictures of the house that I can fully realize just how hideous that must have been.

Michele
I love the little quotes from her on this subject. lol
Old 03-06-2016, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine's house is finally under offer after all this time.
However, she's had to drop the asking price by a cool one million quid. That's a big hit but I'm sure she can afford it after that tour.