The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Should FM release the album without any SN-penned songs?
yes, there's no time to waste! 31 28.44%
no, they should keep waiting for SN, however long it takes 76 69.72%
we don't need no stinkin' FM album 2 1.83%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2014, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question should FM release the album without SN's songs?

we found out some news yesterday, that seem to push FM album yet another year or 2... or 3... or 5.... how many years has it been thus far for this album?? since 2009 i guess.

so my question is:

since they have 4 out of 5 members on board, and 2 out of 3 songwriters, should they release the album without any SN-penned songs?

another thing to think of - FM has:
  • released the album with SN and CM, without LB on it, and
  • released the album with LB and SN, without CM songs on it
- so it seems about right to release one with LB and CM songs, without SN's songs, no? full circle!

if SN is on board with an album from all 5 at some later time, they can release another album then. Lindsey's songs he recorded with Mick and John have been waiting since the beginning of 2012. it is now more than 2 years later, and seems that Christine's songs have been added to his. WHAT ARE THEY WAITING FOR??

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-27-2014, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Debbie, I am surprised you voted yes.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't know about "there's no time to waste", but I did vote "yes". I enjoy Chris and Lindsey as collaborators. Stevie always felt like the "bonus member" of that group, and I'm enjoying her recent and fairly prolific solo work so see no reason to insist upon her inclusion. I'd rather not have her just "phone it in" for the sake of it. *cough*TangointheNight*cough*

However, do I think this would happen in a million years? No.

Last edited by Dex; 04-27-2014 at 11:46 AM..
Old 04-27-2014, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Should FM put out the record without Stevie??? YES!!! Lets' see how good a record without Stevie is and how well it sells...
Old 04-27-2014, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
I don't know about "there's no time to waste", but I did vote "yes". I enjoy Chris and Lindsey as collaborators. Stevie always felt like the "bonus member" of that group, and I'm enjoying her recent and fairly prolific solo work so see no reason to insist upon her inclusion. I'd rather not have her just "phone it in" for the sake of it. *cough*TangointheNight*cough*

However, do I think this would happen in a million years? No.
agree with all you wrote - all very good points!

also unfortunately agree that FM seems to be a bunch of wusses who can't make up their mind and make firm decisions on anything, and that they'll continue to wait and wait and wait for SN and beg her to phone in it. which is a shame, and completely unnecessary.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-27-2014, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Debbie, I am surprised you voted yes.
My take on it is that she doesn't want to record with FM anymore (and that probably means Lindsey). She keeps putting it off and now she's in Nashville recording solo tracks. I don't understand why she won't just give them a few demos and let them work on it. Lindsey keeps saying he needs her to bring something to the table and she hasn't so far. Instead she's working on a new solo album. I feel like she doesn't want to be there. And as Elle pointed out they released music without Lindsey and without Chris so why not without Stevie? It'll be something totally different and the Stevie fans will get new music from her anyway (assuming she hasn't opened the vault for the millionth time).

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-27-2014, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I voted to wait for Stevie.

I don't think this news has pushed Fleetwood Mac's album back at all. Christine told more than one journalist that the band was working on material to release "sometime next year"/"sometime after the tour."

Who knows... maybe Stevie's current recording sessions in Nashville had been planned all along, and were the reason Lindsey said she hadn't yet decided on the "how" & "when" of recording with Fleetwood Mac.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Also ~ if she doesn't want to be there and she phones it in what's the use?? If she's unhappy being in the studio we'll get a bunch of crappy songs. Who wants that? I certainly don't.

You got a sweet heart
Old 04-27-2014, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
I don't understand why she won't just give them a few demos and let them work on it. Lindsey keeps saying he needs her to bring something to the table and she hasn't so far. Instead she's working on a new solo album.
When she recorded 'Trouble In Shangri-La,' she pulled "Thrown Down" because she thought it would make a great Fleetwood Mac song. She also saved "Not Make Believe" for them, from her 'TISL' demo sessions.

There's always the possibility she intends to do that again, and save a few songs from these sessions for Fleetwood Mac to record. Lindsey suggested more than once last year, that Stevie didn't yet have any new material to bring to the table. So this time spent in Nashville could easily be a "kill two birds with one stone" situation.

Just a thought.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
When she recorded 'Trouble In Shangri-La,' she pulled "Thrown Down" because she thought it would make a great Fleetwood Mac song. She also saved "Not Make Believe" for them, from her 'TISL' demo sessions.

There's always the possibility she intends to do that again, and save a few songs from these sessions for Fleetwood Mac to record. Lindsey suggested more than once last year, that Stevie didn't yet have any new material to bring to the table. So this time spent in Nashville could easily be a "kill two birds with one stone" situation.

Just a thought.
You could be totally right and maybe she does kill 2 birds with one stone. Let's hope so but I don't think they should wait for her to come around. I'm with Elle: you have an album, release it with or without her.

You got a sweet heart
Old 04-27-2014, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I voted to wait for Stevie.

I don't think this news has pushed Fleetwood Mac's album back at all. Christine told more than one journalist that the band was working on material to release "sometime next year"/"sometime after the tour."

Who knows... maybe Stevie's current recording sessions in Nashville had been planned all along, and were the reason Lindsey said she hadn't yet decided on the "how" & "when" of recording with Fleetwood Mac.
yes my speculation is that Chris and Lindsey have been saying all this stuff lately since they were waiting for SN and were unsure when she'll be on board. that doesn't mean she'll be on board ever for an FM album, but they seem hopeful. Mick's "we're hoping" it will be fast, 2 weeks, tells me they are still waiting for her. and i just don't get that mentality. why wait and beg and try to coerce her for 5 years now, if she doesn't feel like it? let her do what she wants to do, and they can do what they want to, you know?

plus, i just don't get why you think FM should wait? don't you want more stuff out rather than less?

i need this Mac album to come out. we've been waiting since 2012.

(and i need LB solo album. ASAP. )

Old 04-27-2014, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Unfortunately, if they do release an album without Stevie, they really lose all of the "WE'RE ALL BACK TOGETHER AGAIN YAY" media hype that's been built up around them over the past few months. Commercially it's not a smart move at all. Personally I couldn't care less about commercial success for Fleetwood Mac at this point, but history has shown that they obviously do.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Just a thought.
i was thinking that too, and that would be great.

however she can add those songs to the next FM album, one they can record next year. instead of waiting for this one to add it to, that same next year because they won't have time to do it this year with the tour already booked and imminent for the whole second part of the year.

why not have 2 albums instead of just 1 in the same time?? (actually 3: FM without SN, SN solo, and FM with all 5, in the next 2 years! wouldn't that be amazing??)

Old 04-27-2014, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My position is this...If Stevie is done recording with FM (and it's her choice) then FM needs to accept that and move on and quit wasting their time trying to "Get Stevie on board" and if they still want to put out new music with just the 4 that's fine...What ever happens just remember that they have all been recording in one way or another and we will soon have new music...
Old 04-27-2014, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Unfortunately, if they do release an album without Stevie, they really lose all of the "WE'RE ALL BACK TOGETHER AGAIN YAY" media hype that's been built up around them over the past few months. Commercially it's not a smart move at all. Personally I couldn't care less about commercial success for Fleetwood Mac at this point, but history has shown that they obviously do.
albums don't sell anyway so why would that matter?

old acts release albums for their soul, and tour for the money and media hype. just looks at how many cobbled together old acts in their 60s are touring and raking in money for the last 2 years!! Rumours 5 are legendary and new kids will want to go see them for their legendary hits of the 5, not for the new material. although it's true that hipster kids will care whether they are still relevant and putting out new material.