The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Junior Ledgie

To be completely honest, I have never actually given the idea of there being different camps much thought, even though it's very clear that they exist. I have always thought of the 5 of them as brilliant in their own, different respects. At the heart of it, they've always been just 5 people in my opinion, all with varying talents and shortcomings. Beyond that, I view all of the incarnations of Fleetwood Mac in that respect. I'm sure that even those who don't favor the blues-era Fleetwood Mac would likely have a difficult time saying that "Albatross" isn't an amazing piece of musicianship.

I saw Fleetwood Mac for the first time in April. I found myself so completely lost in all of the performance's splendor. I remember being enamored by Lindsey's guitar playing and John's bass progressions and Mick's flawlessness behind the set. Stevie was fantastic as well. For me, being only 22, I was able to have a blast appreciating the music that I've adored since I was in the womb and not taking a split second of it for granted as I know that, as with any musician, that concert may have been my last opportunity to see them live.

So with regard to the camps that feel adamantly about one artist and not the other, I guess it's something that I don't particularly understand, which is not to say that it's wrong in any way (heck, from what I understand, the Twilight saga seems to thrive on it and its vast success is probably largely attributable to that very element). However, and this is solely how I view the music, are Stevie's Fleetwood Mac songs as fantastic without Lindsey's musical genius woven into them and supported by his guitar? Probably not. Just like Lindsey's Fleetwood Mac songs would probably not sound as fantastic without Christine's harmonies or keys supporting them. And would any of those records, including those pre-dating the "Rumours lineup" through the new EP, be as solid without the unparalleled rhythm section? I suggest not. Even Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, while hating each other more often than not, work in unison to create something that neither would be able to create on their own.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

BuckHead ? ChiffonHead ? Im a bit confused

" Mi dicono alla radio statti calmo statti buono,
non esser scalmanato stai tranquillo e fatti uomo,
ma io con la mia guerra voglio andare sempre avanti,
e costi quel che costi la vincerò non ci son santi. "
Old 06-16-2013, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

parts of Stand Back from Cleveland (another fan filmed the whole thing too, it's somewhere on youtube i believe) - LB hamming it up -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-16-2013, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sisters from Cleveland -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-16-2013, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gypsy from Cleveland -

Old 06-19-2013, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Not sure if this qualifies, but...

Without You by kaypee24

Old 06-20-2013, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

technically not a song, but this is hilarious!!

Old 06-20-2013, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
technically not a song, but this is hilarious!!

as well as this stand back from dublin 2009 at 0:40, 2:10 and a bit after 3 -

Old 06-23-2013, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Dreams from Jones Beach

Dreams from Jones Beach 6/22/13.... Lindsey getting in his smiles to the audience upfront.

towards the end of this show Stevie was getting really pissed at Lindsey's audience interactions... she even came over to our side for her golden shawl GDW dance - did she ever do that before?? she blocked my nice view of Lindsey's ass (will upload that one later, probably in Rumours thread because unlike most of my vids it does have some Stevie considering she asserted herself ).

Old 06-23-2013, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
she even came over to our side for her golden shawl GDW dance - did she ever do that before??
Not that I know of. Maybe she came over there because you looked like you wanted to see it up close.

Michele
Old 06-23-2013, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Not that I know of. Maybe she came over there because you looked like you wanted to see it up close.
that must be it.

Rhiannon with some nice guitar humping -

Old 06-23-2013, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sisters of the Moon from Jones Beach -

he was kinda performing for the camera somewhere towards the middle.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
that must be it.
So, where is your Without You intro? Did you merge it with Amlyn's as you mentioned or have we not seen it yet?

Michele
Old 06-23-2013, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
So, where is your Without You intro? Did you merge it with Amlyn's as you mentioned or have we not seen it yet?

Michele
nope didn't manage yet... have to find someone who knows how to do it - you know something like split screen with Stevie on one side and Lindsey on the other?

i just finished uploading it and posted it here http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...6&postcount=25

Old 06-23-2013, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gypsy at Jones Beach -